• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Read it. It was good. Not sure why they needed to "spoil" the final page reveal on the variant cover though. But yeah it was cool. She seems like a pretty sweet character.

Im still waiting for Astounding Wolf-Man on there, its taking ages.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTOUNDING-WOLF-MAN-25-IMAGE-COMICS-/360320626882?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item53e4c870c2#ht_1243wt_905

Actually a good price considering its $4.99.

I wish Peter David's 90's Supergirl was fully collected in trade. Only the first issues and last issues were. It was so good, and the definitive Supergirl to me.

38822-5766-43637-1-supergirl_super.jpg

Seemed a bit backward to just forget about the very well defined and developed Linda Danvers Supergirl just so Jeph Loeb could introduce his own version.

David's was very interesting, all religious symbolism and themes, and an incredibly unique perspective and origin (it's the same Supergirl from the Reign of the Superman and stuff, but she gets literally a new lease of life in this series) compared to other Superman family characters. Gary Frank's art was so definitive too.

Plus I hate how the current Supergirl is portrayed/drawn. She's disturbingly young teen virgin-like, whereas the Linda/Matrix Supergirl seemed much more sure of herself and less male-fantasy.

That said, I've hear the modern Supergirl series has been decent.

I've gone on about this before.

I fucking hate some of my friends. Through jealousy.

Because of his/their connections they got Batman Live tickets a week before it was announced, and a few days ago played an early build copy of DCU online, and it is apparently amazing.

The first "level" mission/thing that happens

Is against Gorilla Grodd and his cronies tearing up the city.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!