• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Young Justice Preview

I'm already stunned. They made the point that this will have loads of fan service in terms of referencing the DCU, and from the preview you can tell. What is Dubilex and Guardian doing in Cadmus?! Being great.

Though realistically I'd prefer they included Impulse as opposed to Kid Flash, as Impulse was such a hilarious character in the actual Young Justice comics.

HOLY CRAP! Astounding Wolf-Man finale was awesome. No seriously that was actually sweet as hell. Great ending. Well...not even ending as there were practically TWO cliffhangers, one of them HUGE, and the other....it said will be continued in Guarding the Globe #3.

Brilliant.

There was also a teaser for the new Kirkman/Howard comic book. It begins with "Su" so ...maybe Super something and its about some kind of robot suit guy or a robot and what looks like a black kid, and possibly a small spherical thing, who are *best friends* or something. It looks interesting...should be awesome.

Announcement before year end apparently.

Please tell me other people are still reading Wolf-Man....

Anyway SPOILERS

DRACULA! Fucking win! He looks badass, despite being mainly in shadow, his costume looked GREAT.

And...FUCKING...AAHHHH

WOLFCORPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK THATS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH! And WTF was that Cecil thing about. o________0

Yeah Avengers was good. Better artwork and good to see The Hood again. (Actual storyline instead of bull shit time travelling) practically more plot in this 1 issue than the previous 6 combined.

Haunt was EXCELLENT, its been extremely strong for this whole arc, its starting to get really good, it'll soon be up with the likes of AWM, Invincible and TWD if it continues this way. For me at least. I'm hoping for a Haunt and...

(Wolf-Man spoilers)

Wolfcorps

crossover at some point. Both....similar in terms of both their main elements.

Also Green Lantern was SICK

Parallax Flash

he must be filthily powerful. Also the Indigo tribe are creepy.

I really liked the time travel in Avengers. It was pretty epic.

My problem with it was (the art) and it all just felt so inconsequential. And that it was 6 issues. Thats (over) 132 pages of story, and the whole thing could have EASILY been told in half that.

Actually I hate that Avengers and New Avengers launched into 6 issue arcs. I'm of the opinion that new comic books should do about two or three 2-ish issue arcs to get into a groove.

I want to read Spider-Girl, but I resent reading comics on the PC.

Erm.

What else.

TBolts was good. I dislike having to pay extra for an issue I already own though, typical Marvel money grabbing.

OH my Superior arrived from eBay. I loved it a hell of a lot. What did everyone else think? I really loved the heart and I as always liked Millar's snappy smart, and very real dialogue.

And whilst we're here, I've said it before but Bendis' dialogue annoys me. IN REAL LIFE PEOPLE DO NOT CONSTANTLY INTERRUPT EACH OTHER/CONSTANT BACK AND FORTH.

They don't?

Huh?

They don't go back--

And forth...no!

Okay but--

I don't even--

Hold on

What?

Hold on

What?

I cant stand Bendis' dialogue in team books at the moment, it just gets annoying. Plus he makes everyone, despite their personality "quip" all the time.

There was something mentioned wasnt there where I think Bendis said the reason the Avengers books are starting so big is because he wants every arc now to feel like an event like Siege or Civil War etc.

Yeah I hugely dislike that approach.

And I completely agree with that first sentence of yours. The books are basically six Spider-Mans.

Its something I didnt notice as much when reading Dark Avengers but looking back there was a bit too much quipping in that as well but I think the characters were so interesting as you were trying to figure out their motives that it didnt stick out as much.

I do recommend reading Spider-Girl #1, even if it is online just to see if you wanna read more. I think you probably would.

Also does anyone know if Morning Glories is actually an ongoing or mini series? I thought it was an ongoing but then im sure I read somewhere recently that it was shorter. Either way its got to be my favourite new comic this year, cant wait to get the trade.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!