Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UK

I think thats what X-Men is missing these days, it doesnt really feel like a team book anymore. I know you guys are liking the new direction X-Men has taken but I miss them being a team going off and having their adventures. I thought Whedon did all that perfectly. Some people complained that he was basically using Kitty Pryde as his new Buffy but it never bothered me, at the time I was just enjoying the strong writing for her.

Id also suggest that nintendo master try and get some of the more famous trades like Days of Future Past and the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Sagas.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Whedon's run is probably the best I've ever read. It's absolutely superb. I checked it out on Amazon too recently because I read most of it in reprints and all 4 books can be found in the region of £25. Not bad at all. The hardback is £30, which is quite alot but it'd look amazing.

I want Uncanny to move towards that again, really. I'm hoping (lol) that the Heroic Age thing really does end M-Day once and for all soon. It's an interesting plot but it's been going on for ages now, and while it allows good ideas like X-Force to come through, it's actually counter to the principals of Xavier and Magneto which is the central conflict at the heart of the book. They need something to get back to that, and rebuild the book as a team/ family instead of an army.

Just watched Batman: Under the Red Hood

Thought it was pretty good for the most part, it didnt stick entirely to the comic story but then how many DC animated movies actually do. Seemed a bit odd though that they had Jason Todd in Tim Drakes red costume when he died. I liked most of the voice acting in the movie, only complaint would be John Dimaggio as the Joker. He came across as more of a tough guy than the Joker.

Whedon's run is probably the best I've ever read. It's absolutely superb. I checked it out on Amazon too recently because I read most of it in reprints and all 4 books can be found in the region of £25. Not bad at all. The hardback is £30, which is quite alot but it'd look amazing.

funnily enough I just bought the Hardback and it is indeed amazing, It's actually the first time I've read the run as well, it's pretty much a perfect X-Men story, can't believe I waited so long to read it

Morrison/Quitely are the very best. At anything. Flex Mentallo - I died. New X-Men feels tarnished because of Igor disgusting Kordey. All the other non-Quitely artists were lovely in their own way/made sense, but Kordey ruins lives.

I love the amount of Scottish truestunners there are in comics. Glasgow is so fertile.

On that note, started Morrison's Seven Soldiers today. Already in love. Come on Ystina Gerabaldi, Shining Knight.

What's cassiday doing now? I'd actually knock one out if he replaces Land

He's only doing covers at the moment, think I read on Millarworld that he was trying to get involved in film or tv or something like that

He is a master of layouts, which cannot be denied. You can dislike his style otherwise though, fair enough.

I want him to do more Marvel stuff, just to see what it'd be like, he did (not enough) New X-Men and IIRC some random Squadron Supreme stuff or something years ago, and this:

66-1.jpg

Which adds.

I think All-Star Superman is probably his best work to date, though. Possibly due to Jamie Grant (or whatever his name is)'s colours. He's also scottish, and is great.

That's so odd, just cause it often MAKES books for me :P. Though, not really, the story is usually by Grant Morrison, so...

Who's your favourite artist (apart from Jim Lee)? (if you have one)

I probably asked this before.

I wouldnt say I have a favourite artist, not even Jim Lee even more (although i do love his stuff)

I guess some of my favs would be John Romita Jr, Ryan Ottley, Phil Jimenez, Mike Wieringo...

Im sure there are probably quite a few ive forgotten to add but those at the moment are the ones I can think of. I tend to like crisp artists who dont waste a lot of extra lines. Same with colouring I love vibrant colours etc.

It of course can depend on the characters being drawn as well, I probably would have added Mark Bagley to that list for his stuff on USM but I dont really like his DC stuff lately.

aaaand, we're back!

A perfectly good case for the re-opening of this thread has been made, so here we go again. In the spirit of Peace, Love and Understanding we should also spread some joy outside the thread by maintaining the right threads with news from tv, films and SDCC. This thread should be for, you know, comics. Because nobody else gives a fuck.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!