• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Yeah vince was...ok. Lotta talking, but the dragon bit was good. Not alot of payoff for longtime readers, although it was surprisingly nice to see the return to the old colours.

After a faintly disappointing week this week, Marvel are delivering some huge titles for me next week.

I've not seen TWD on the lists for next week yet

I thought this week was alright, next week should be sweet though with the start of Brightest Day.

It was on the Diamond list I read

EDIT: And of course now that I check the official site again its been taken down....typical

Edited by Happenstance

So I realised, I think all I've been exposed to of Brubaker is Daredevil, Captain America and a bit of Incognito.

Thus I think a team book by him starring some of my personal favourite slightly more obscure characters (particularly Moon Knight, who I'm assuming is in it) has me....cumming my pants with anticipation.

In short I think Secret Avengers has potential to be my favourite Avengers book.

So I realised, I think all I've been exposed to of Brubaker is Daredevil, Captain America and a bit of Incognito.

Thus I think a team book by him starring some of my personal favourite slightly more obscure characters (particularly Moon Knight, who I'm assuming is in it) has me....cumming my pants with anticipation.

In short I think Secret Avengers has potential to be my favourite Avengers book.

Easily my most anticipated book from the new batch, Brubaker is my favourite writer, Criminal is amazing

Ive just been re-reading my Marvels trade and it got me thinking.

What I would really like for Marvels next event would be a proper Galactus attack. Not just one that the Fantastic Four can repel after an issue or two but one where all the superheros had to go up against him. It does sound a bit like the original Crisis with the anti moniter but I think it would work well in the new Heroic Age and I think he is a villian that deserves a bit more coverage than he gets.

meet-the-new-x-men-20100409093134875.jpg

Wasn't there a FF teaser a while back ft. the corpse of Galactacus?

That was in an FF issue thats already gone. It was something underground near a Moloid villiage, where they were all enhanced due to something to do with the High Evolutionary (Its complicated).

Personally I think the X-Men/Spidey stuff could just be a joke as hes been appearing in so many of the teasers lately.

yeah but could anyone even come close to the awesomeness of the first Galactus story by Kirby and Lee?

Well it wouldnt really need to. I see it more as a character being used to its full potential as a proper armaggedon type event rather than just one team taking him on and everyone else being missing.

I just think Galactus coming back more powerful than before would make a really good event for the Marvel U.

I'm now reading Morrison's JLA from the late 90's, cause it's the JLA team that was around when I first got into supheroes (in the comics as opposed to just the TV shows). And it's so definitive.

I also have a nostalgic soft-spot for Electric Superman (for the above reasons). I like Morrison's take on them, how they're so definitive, but so far their adventures have all been slightly off-center or cerebral (as you'd expect from him). Come on, Key. You stun.

(The other JLA I think of is the Year One post-crisis original line-up one, with Black Canary. I wish they'd kept her as being one of the originals. She adds more than Wonder Woman. I've read that graphic novel so many times. <3

jla-yearone.jpg)

Edited by Paj!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!