• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

So Captain America: Who Will Wield The Shield was pretty decent. Nice to have something a little deeper than Steve jumping straight back in to costume after mentally traumatic psychic time travel. Not as obvious this way. Worth a read for everyone I think (requires no reading of Cap Reborn, too.)

So Captain America: Who Will Wield The Shield was pretty decent. Nice to have something a little deeper than Steve jumping straight back in to costume after mentally traumatic psychic time travel. Not as obvious this way. Worth a read for everyone I think (requires no reading of Cap Reborn, too.)

Was about to comment on that issue myself. Good enough read but I cant believe how badly Marvel have messed up his return. This issue comments directly on the events of the last issue of Reborn, which we havent read yet!

Wasn't Reborn extended by an issue because it was doing well? I read somewhere that #4 has '4 of 5' on and 5 has '5 of 6'. If they did that, it's no surprise that everyone else has had Steve around early.

Still, it's hardly a surprise, what with the whole Reborn title. Always seemed a rather dramatic and pointless Retcon to me anyway...

Oh right, cool.

Now this is kind of harsh, but....my comic shop owner is....ugh. He's really annoying sometimes. A) He is amazing, because he came to drop off my comics because I was upset about missing Invincible. So he was like "I'll drop them off!" which is a bit of a drive for him, so absolutely epicly nice.

But.....no Invincible. The whole reason. Lol. Oh well. And also a few others missing. *Sigh* And also on the phone he told me what happens in Blackest Night and I was just like...."......"

So yeah gonna have to download Vince and GLC now because I can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Just the mahoosive chain of marvel 'events'

First you got Avengers Disassembled Where Wanda Maximof went nutso and killed a bunch of Avengers, leading the rest to part ways. This was followed by a big relaunch with New Avengers which eventually lead in to House of M then Civil War kicked off, which became Secret Invasion which lead to Dark Reign. Now we have Siege to end it all.

Pretty big deal. Thor, Captain America and Iron Man are the three biggest Avengers of all time and they haven't all been on one team since Disassembled so that's kinda cool. It's launching a new status quo they're calling the Heroic Age too, which should be a kind of revived optimism following the major kick in the nuts the last few events have been.

Oh. Well I knew the repurcussions of those events were still evident, I just didn't think it was 7 years ago. :p

Actually, know you mention it, I love how when Marvel say "It'll never be the same!" they actually mean it. Like you say, The Avengers haven't truly been a cohesive force like they were for 40 years since Disassembled.

I like the sound of The Heroic Age. There's only so many of these events you can link, and I don't think they'll "go away", but rather be relating to something else/go in a new direction.

That reminds me, X-Men/Mutantkind is really not doing well out of all this, is it? Yeah I know the big thing happened with M-Day ages back, but as Beast/Iceman pointed out (can't remember which), the entire population of mutants (effectively) is on it's own island nation, waiting to be eradicated in one fell swoop. :o

On another note

- I was wondering when they'd mention the fact Emma was harboring The Void. Glad they avoided a cliche "battle with a possessed team-mate", and that it was resolved relatively calmly. Though I remember last time Cyclops became host for pure evil...

- Magneto's plan sounds really cool actually. I loved Namor being an X-Man, and I hope he sticks around, with the remaining atlanteans. Would be awesome, and a new dynamic for X-Men in general.

- I'm not too up too speed on X-Force, are their current adventures tying into Dark Reign at all atm?

Edited by Paj!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!