Green Lantern Corps

Green Lantern: New Guardians

Supergirl

Superman

Action Comics

Wonder Woman

Aquaman

Flash

and may pick up some of the others depending on previews :)

For me:

Batman

Batwoman

Batman & Robin

Green Lantern

Green Lantern Corps

Green Lantern: New Guardians

Red Lanterns

Stormwatch

Justice League International

Superman

Action Comics

Wonder Woman

Aquaman

Animal man

I'm happy to buy some trades n all but buying monthly is for rubes. Too expensive, too fragile.

secavn019_50thanniv_cov_02.jpg

yeessss

How many covers do they use that for/ what occasions? (what Dan Dare posted above) I've a comic lying around here and the cover arts that style - just a few different characters - but there's nothing special about the issue that I noticed. ::shrug:

*goes back to lurking in this thread, reading the Dark Tower comics and leaving you buffs to it*

well the cover above is a homage (or if people are feeling nasty it's called a swipe) of the cover of the first issue of Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men

516JMI-nB-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

which was drawn by Frank Quitely

Normally an iconic cover such as that will only be used for Variants (not sure in the case above) and not the regular cover.

Cover Swiping is a fairly common occurrence in comics. I'll try and find some examples!

Really? Thats the issue I was talking about - had no idea it was iconic. I thought maybe the homage went further back than that. :blush:

---

So Schism 3 was awesome. The Generation Hope chapter isn't exactly essential reading (yet), it just tells the prelude to what happens in the museum/the aftermath briefly from Idie's point of view. But yeah, read it I guess. I loved the art of Schism 3.

I also loved Uncanny. Land's art was tolerable. Not oppurtunity for bad poses, except one stray shit one of Kitty acting horrified but looking like she's really happy.

I loved all the power combo things. It felt like a epic struggle thing trying to stop Juggernauts.

Is Schism #3 actually out or is it just a shitty Generation Piece of Shit Hope tie in?

Also all solicitations are out - Artefacts/Artifacts has become an ongoing.

Invincible continues to be solicited despite it continuing to be delayed and thus slipping further and further into "WTF is this being solicited" territory.

Etc.

Kick Ass 2 #3 and Ultimates #1 out next week. :D

Huh.

Its not on Previewsworld list. Maybe it came out in the U.K. early or....maybe....PREVIEWSWORLD are just douche bags.

I always use Midtowns list to check what's due out next week, it's pretty reliable

Had a look at the Invincible Compendium when I was in the shop today and it was pretty impressive, hefty tome though :)

Just finished Batman: Knight of Vengeance #3. Was amazing. Blew me away.

What the fuck is the last thing Martha says or is tryin TL say?? 'It's a baaaaa'. Would have made may more sense if she just said 'Batman'. Or something.

Still, was pretty touching, the whole thing.

I just caught up fully to Thunderbolts. Love this series.

Really glad Shocker is one (on the B team), he always struck me as an obvious Thunderbolt. I don't know why but he's one of my faves.

The in-joke/reference to this

52703542934101727.jpg

in the latest issue was hilarious.

I love how you can trust no one. Except Songbird and Mach V. Everyone else has their own agenda.

Edited by Paj!