NEurope

Didja get it then?

Heh heh, I finished reading it when you wrote that post.

Yeah. Erm.

Just very "................"

I just don't get alternate time line/reality things. Whats the point? Just meh. Like the final page reveal. Its "lol" but its also "So what? Why is that a big deal? Why is that the cliff hanger".

I think its more for you wondering what Zoom changed in the past that created this world in the first place. I actually think its quite interesting to speculate which event or events could have been altered that would lead to Thomas Wayne becoming Batman and the Aquaman/Wonder Woman war.

Right I actually only read the last few issues, but I am planning on picking up the trades.

Anyway my question is about the whole Wonder Woman thing. Does Maxwell Lord remember her as she was when she killed him or has that been changed as well to this new Wonder Woman. Also do any of the JLI, including Batman know that something isnt right with Wonder Woman?

Right I actually only read the last few issues, but I am planning on picking up the trades.

Anyway my question is about the whole Wonder Woman thing. Does Maxwell Lord remember her as she was when she killed him or has that been changed as well to this new Wonder Woman. Also do any of the JLI, including Batman know that something isnt right with Wonder Woman?

Max remembers wonder woman as she is and was, but finds that no one apart from the JLI remember her, making her death pointless to him as he can't gain anything from it

So they actually remember her as proper Wonder Woman then and not this new one?

They do remember her as her old self, they found her as off the grid, didn't know where she had been since she changed

I just dont think this whole Wonder Woman thing has worked at all. Ive seen her a couple of times in her old costume in other books, usually a flashback but that still doesnt make sense. Plus the worst part is Donna Troy and Wonder Girl not changing or mentioning this new Wonder Woman at all. It'll be nice when its all back to normal (and if a JLA movie is coming in the next few years I expect Wonder Woman to be back and the core JLA members to all be back on the team as well.)

I'll give it a try but I still cant see it being any good.

I do think though that once Wonder Woman is returned to her normal self, they may keep the trousers.

I changed the hips in the one I did post-criticism, and didn't do anything to the eyes. What else do I need to adjust?

And which is the best inking? Obviously thick is bollocks.

CandyInkingtest1.jpg

Looking at those, I think the curvier one works better (the curves, not the width though, shes too skinny). Also now that you've added the curves I think its shown another reason why she was looking manly, the shoulders are too wide.

The thick and thin inking looks quite good but im still not sold on this shading technique, im not sure it works with the art style.

Another thing I just noticed while trying to give it a redraw myself was that even for an anime style, I think the head is just a bit too big.

Just got done with the latest issue of Batman Inc, it gets better and better with each new issue.

Good to hear. I've got issues 3-5 sitting in my room waiting to be read. Although I just started The Dark Knight Returns so I might leave it until after I'm done with that.

Also got Superboy #6 and 7 to read. Score.

And like all of Batman Beyond since Issue 1.

Speaking of Batman Beyond:

Announcing SUPERMAN BEYOND (with a cover by Dustin Nguyen)

Spinning out of the fan favorite BATMAN BEYOND series come the adventures of The Man of Tomorrow in the DC Universe of the future! An aging Kal-El is called back into action to stop a villain more powerful than he’s ever faced - all while his own super powers are starting to fade.

SUPERMAN BEYOND #0 will be written by Tom DeFalco and illustrated by Ron Frenz and Sal Buscema. Check out the cover by Dustin Nguyen below!

The one-shot will be available in August.

sm_beyond_cv0-662x1024.jpg

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/05/12/announcing-superman-beyond-with-a-cover-by-dustin-nguyen/

People seem to be confused though at the moment. In whatever Superman/Batman annual it was that did the Batman Beyond story apparently everyone Superman knew was dead so he left Earth and decided to explore the Universe. We'll just have to wait and see if they keep that in continuity.

Don't they just use the hole 'Parallel Universe' excuse.

Although it does say he is called back. Wow, old age, that could give Superman the dimension he desperately needs.

Is the one-shot literally one issue. Or is it a non-continuous 6 issues or summit?

It'll be one issue. If it sells well I imagine he might get his own ongoing or be used occassionally in the Batman title.

As for the parallel universe excuse, it doesnt really work as this already is a parallel one.

One-shot means a single issue yeah.

Not sure if they imply an ongoing will follow in that though.

Hmmm, well it is better than nothing. And really I'm just happy Batman Beyond got an on going. I think it's selling well, so there's hope for this too.

Love these future adaptations/interpretations.

Paperback version was finally released this week so I ordered:

14819980_500x500_1.jpg

Good?/Not good? It has manapul on art and he is amazing...

Can't believe carlie got a spidey tattoo ^^

I seem to be the only one who likes him at the moment :(

Yeah very good, one of my favourite stories from the past few years id say. Im looking forward to reading it again, been quite a while since I read it in single issues.