N-Europe

Cutting Pictures in PhotoShop

Deevil

Filter > "Extract" to get to the extract tool.

Use the highlight tool to draw around the outside of the image, your aim being to have about half the object and half the background highlighted. Then, once you've gone all the way around, use the fill tool to fill the area you want to fill. Check the preview then accept your changes. Don't forget to do it on a duplicate layer first to avoid ruining the first if you mess it up. If it's too rough, go around the edges with the eraser.

Alternatively, if it's a simple image, try the magic wand as people have mentioned and mess with the tolerance levels along the top.

psp is not photoshop lol

in paintshop pro I used to always use either the eraser or background eraser...now I have photoshop though...using the eraser takes time but its worth it if you do it properly....you have to make sure you use different sizes and harnesses depending on which bit of the bg youre erasing

Aha :p kinda confused us there. Photoshop is its own program, made by Adobe. Paint Shop Pro is a Jasc Software program, they're very different ;)

I'm no authority on PSP though I'm afraid :(

Yeh sorry about that i confuse myself most of the time, did i mention i can't read properly? Anyways downloaded a free trial of photoshop now so i'm gonna try that out thanks :D