NEurope
Ike

NoE site down for "techinical modifications"

Not sure where to post this but, I just tried to visist the NoE website and I was greeted by this message:

No need to panic, we'll be back soon!

Our website won't be available for a couple of hours, as we're currently arranging some technical modifications.

We would like to ask you for your understanding at this time; we're looking forward to welcoming you back to the site shortly, when we'll be able to provide you with all the latest news about the world of Nintendo.

See you soon!

Finally the stars for points system? A new layout? Or minor unexciting back end adjustments?

Does it? Never seen it do that before.

Got excited over nothing then.

They recently sent out a ton of emails telling members to agree to the new TOCs or they'll send the boys round to steal your Wiis, therefore the server received a load more hits than usual. Given that the NOE server is probably a P75 with 16Megs of RAM, it crashed.

I'm just greeted by a white screen.

I bet they'll put the stars for points up when most peoples stars have expired.

If they do that trick there will be hell on.

Yeah this happens all the time I noticed it had gone down cos I went to add my resident evil 4 stars...

I'm not holding my breath that wii points are on the horizon...

They recently sent out a ton of emails telling members to agree to the new TOCs or they'll send the boys round to steal your Wiis, therefore the server received a load more hits than usual. Given that the NOE server is probably a P75 with 16Megs of RAM, it crashed.

That was hardly recent - I received that email on June 15th. Either way, the site goes down very often, but it doesn't go down when they add stuff to the catalogue, so people saying "OMG, site down, CATALOGUE UPDATE?" tend to be wrong. And annoying.

They're probably doing that. :heh:

Yeah it was nothing. Im sure if they were going to make some big changes they would hype it through emails or something.

Closed.