NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
nekunando

N64 Controller Hunting

Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I could get my hands on a reasonably priced Nintendo 64 controller in good condition?

I am also wondering if there are any decent third-party controllers I should consider (such as the MakoPad 64 which I have spotted 'New' for less than £10) I have never went for a third party controller in the past, but I'm really looking an almost new controller as the Analogue Sticks on my 10-year old official pads have just about had it. I would prefer an official pad if possible, however.

Any help would be great. If anyone is willing to even sell a controller to me, that's good too :heh:

(Apologies if this possibly needs to be moved to Private Trading Board, but this is a Retro issue aswell :heh:)

ebay was the first place I looked, but it is a bit of a risk buying a controller and not being able to get a feel of it first :heh: You have to rely on people's word that the stick is 'in good condition'.

Has anyone got a 'MakoPad 64' or any other third party controller that I could get views on?

the 3rd party N64 were horrible! I never liked any of them.

If you check all the Ebay listings alot of people say "no wobble anologe stick" and things like that mind.

Yeh.. I have been in contact with a seller about a controller which he assures me is 'stiff and doesn't tilt' when you tilt the controller and it is described as 'VGC'. The guy has great feedback and I believe it's worth a shot as it can be returned within 7 days of receipt (meaning I would lose £2, worst case scenario- something I could probably live with)

However, it couldn't be any worse than my originals.. they got some serious playing :heh:

I'm testing the water with this one as I plan to help get my girlfriend a better controller for the N64 I bought her a few months ago as the controller that came with it didn't work (and the stick was the worst EVER anyway) so she is currently having to put up with one of my old ones.

I wish I could feel what my controllers were like the first time I held them back in 1997. I forget what the stick felt like when it was perfect..

Yeah, car boot, or if you have a little regular market thing nearby, but seriously, i'd just hit ebay and hope for the ebst.

I had been to CeX yesterday enquiring about controllers but they said they didn't have any in at the moment. I got my last controller from there for £6 (clear purple) and that was (and still is) in good condition.

I have purchased one from ebay which should arrive early in the week. I have been assured the stick doesn't 'wobble' at all and that it is 'stiff'. The guy has very positive feedback in regard to used N64 controllers.

This is the one I went for:

be91_1_b.JPG

Let's hope it doesn't disappoint : peace:

They all go down the shitter at some point. The N64 pad is why I don't use my N64 these days. I'll play roms instead.

It's probably better to buy a couple of good back up pads now as a few more years down the line they are gonna be even more rare and expensive :heh: ..I know I will take good care of them so if I have 2-3 good ones now, they should last me the next 20 years : peace:

Sign in to follow this