NEurope
Zygo Ape

Harry Potter Ending Leaked (Alledgedly)

Except that this book has already notched up over 12 million pre-orders, 5 million more than the last one managed. Mind you, i should have rephrased that line to accompany my grounds of reason...

That many?

And I don't know a single one of them.

That many?

And I don't know a single one of them.

Yeah, that many. Amazon have taken 1.4 million of the pre-orders themselves. Theyve got a Counter on their website for number of Pre-orders. I think the figure is around 12 thousand per day for Amazon. Crazy money...

Yeah, that many. Amazon have taken 1.4 million of the pre-orders themselves. Theyve got a Counter on their website for number of Pre-orders. I think the figure is around 12 thousand per day for Amazon. Crazy money...

There's basically no big shops making money from selling the book. Because their all selling it for so cheap. Some are even loosing money as far as I know (in the times). Its meant to be 17.99 RRP I think.

So I hear Harry, Ron and Hermione get it on all together at the end.

There's basically no big shops making money from selling the book. Because their all selling it for so cheap. Some are even loosing money as far as I know (in the times). Its meant to be 17.99 RRP I think.

I wonder why though, surely the books would sell at any given price? And there must be some incentive for the retailers to sell it at half the RRP? I mean, say if they bought the books at around 9 pounds each, then even selling it at a tenner would generate more than a little pocket change for them...

So I hear Harry, Ron and Hermione get it on all together at the end.

With Voldemort as their Sexually Generous Evil Gimp? Thats what i heard too....

I wonder why though, surely the books would sell at any given price? And there must be some incentive for the retailers to sell it at half the RRP? I mean, say if they bought the books at around 9 pounds each, then even selling it at a tenner would generate more than a little pocket change for them...

With Voldemort as their Sexually Generous Evil Gimp? Thats what i heard too....

bookshops buy it from bloomsbury for £10.74 a book. So most places are losing cash just to get custormers through the door to buy other things.

So if Amazon eventually sell 1.5 million copies, they've basically just lost 3 mill squid. Although its potentially another 1.5 million happy customers if they can nail the delivery so yeah, suppose its a bit of a smart business move.

So if Amazon eventually sell 1.5 million copies, they've basically just lost 3 mill squid. Although its potentially another 1.5 million happy customers if they can nail the delivery so yeah, suppose its a bit of a smart business move.

True, but small book shops are going out of buisness because of it.

And if i'm correct amazon were selling it at 11.74 at the start or pre-orders so they have probably lowerd it now because they have made ebough cash to balance out their loses.

btw in your sig zygo, it says "center" at the very left, not sure if its meant to be their?

True, but small book shops are going out of buisness because of it.

And if i'm correct amazon were selling it at 11.74 at the start or pre-orders so they have probably lowerd it now because they have made ebough cash to balance out their loses.

btw in your sig zygo, it says "center" at the very left, not sure if its meant to be their?

I am aware of this..... :awesome:

I am aware of this..... :awesome:

lol, other than that little thing though you sig does look awesome. I really need photoshop sometime soon.

Good? That's where I think they stopped bothering to edit her manuscripts...

Precisely. Insted of the same mind numbing pre-established literature, we got to have a very very small glimpse of brilliance. I'm not saying she's Philip Pullman, but J.K's got some skills.

Although Potter or Eragon are okay, Pullman is the undisputed king, I mean, His Dark Materials is just too good.

Erm....wouldnt they get a cheap price for buying in bulk. RRP is recommended retail price....not how much they buy it for.

Erm....wouldnt they get a cheap price for buying in bulk. RRP is recommended retail price....not how much they buy it for.

Yeh, as I said, Bookshops get it at a price of 10.74 a book. Thats why most of them are losing cash.

I heard that Hermione is really a lesbian and will get it on with one of the Olsen Twins in the next film...

Precisely. Insted of the same mind numbing pre-established literature, we got to have a very very small glimpse of brilliance. I'm not saying she's Philip Pullman, but J.K's got some skills.

Although Potter or Eragon are okay, Pullman is the undisputed king, I mean, His Dark Materials is just too good.

Er, so which modern writers do you believe aren't edited? It's not a case of upholding the establishment, it's just good sense. And how is Harry Potter anything other than "pre-established literature"? It's hardly the most original book on the market...

Er, so which modern writers do you believe aren't edited? It's not a case of upholding the establishment, it's just good sense. And how is Harry Potter anything other than "pre-established literature"? It's hardly the most original book on the market...

Please point out exactly where I said that it was. Cos' I don't think I did. Oo It sucks. But it's not a bad children's book.

And about the writers that aren't edited:

Haruki Murakami

José Saramago

Chuck Palahniuk

And these are just the living ones. ^^

A quick google suggests Murakami does have an editor, or at least has had one at some point. He must have at least spent ages polishing After Dark, given it's complex yet functional narative structure, and this polishing is something that Rowling doesn't appear to do. And are you trying to say not being edited makes fiction better? Sure, it becomes partially a collaboration, but ultimately, a good editor should just give suggestions which result in a better finished product.

And as for dead writers... well, despite his acute analysis of social situtions, I think Dostoyevsky could have used an editor.