NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Cmaaaaaaan, guys.

Seriously, what is up with you lot?

Summer is here, we're finally improving the website, so it's only the forum that is letting us down. I've seen more cheer in a graveyard. Whats the problem?

Lets get this place buzzing. Create new threads, make them interesting. If they suck, well, we have moderators for that. Just remember to keep it within forum rules.

Cmaaaaaan.

Theres a huge lack of news/games as it is the summer... what would you like us to talk about!

Oh there is E3 coming up soon..

Theres a huge lack of news/games as it is the summer... what would you like us to talk about!

Oh there is E3 coming up soon..

THINK OF SOMETHING!

E3 is a bit of a non event really.

and with the weather being as shit as it has been i think people are feeling weather induced depression.

Theres a huge lack of news/games as it is the summer...

The news guys try to use that one, it doesn't work. :D

There's ALWAYS news, you just have to find it. :)

Plus, it's a discussion board, so discuss! Play games. Other things.

Be excellent to each other.

The problem is that at the moment the Wii doesnt have any AAA games coming out anytime soon. Also the lack of any real annoucements is having an effect of what we can discuss, this should end come E3 though. Until then im sticking to the Other Consoles area as that board is great at the moment, especially the 360 discussions.

Maybe we could unban some people ... because arguing with some of those people *cough*ZeldaFreak*cough* kept many people posting!

How about threads for games that might or might not come out? Say Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Pikmin 3..... like disscusions on what people would like to see in those if they where to come out?

Im afraid thats the best i have.. yeah i know crappy ideas

Seriously, what is up with you lot?

Summer is here, we're finally improving the website, so it's only the forum that is letting us down. I've seen more cheer in a graveyard. Whats the problem?

Lets get this place buzzing. Create new threads, make them interesting. If they suck, well, we have moderators for that. Just remember to keep it within forum rules.

Cmaaaaaan.

Some threads Ive seen have been told to merge into the main thread of discussion i.e Manhunt 2

:confused:

Yeah it is pretty dullsville here especially today for some reason...

Some threads Ive seen have been told to merge into the main thread of discussion i.e Manhunt 2

:confused:

Yeah it is pretty dullsville here especially today for some reason...

Aye, it's best to keep it all in one topic if its the same subject. There's no point having 3 or 4 seperate threads talking about the Ban for Manhunt 2 when it can be contained into one.

Nintendo only want casual gamers = casual posts

Nintendo only want non AO games = non mature posts

Only kidding, as was said earlier there's not a lot going on for the Wii at the moment but what there is ie Resi 4, manhunt 2 scarface etc have and are being discussed. There is only so much you can say without repeating yourself or somebody elses comments.

Yeah but the thread Im referring to was referring mainly to the fact that it was just revealed that Ireland could let it in, I thought that was pretty worthy of its own thread. Stuff like that will usually get swallowed in the fierce debates on the ban itself

Just my thoughts

Yeah but the thread Im referring to was referring mainly to the fact that it was just revealed that Ireland could let it in, I thought that was pretty worthy of its own thread. Stuff like that will usually get swallowed in the fierce debates on the ban itself

Just my thoughts

Hmm, what usually happens in big threads such as that is that the focus does tend to shift, depending on updates. People are posting links all the time to new updates, etc. I wouldn't mind it being in a seperate thread, but then I wouldn't mind it being in the same thread either. I think either way has its pros and cons.

The main thing I'm aiming for is more depth. A forum doesn't just have to be about latest news. Just because a game like Super Monkey Ball has already been released doesn't mean it can't be talked about months after.

Plus, lets get over this obsession with every thread being official. :)

Plus, lets get over this obsession with every thread being official. :)

But........but.......bu......how will we know which one is official or not?

:shakehead

;):p

But........but.......bu......how will we know which one is official or not?

:shakehead

I meant the whole idea of putting "OFFICIAL" on the front of everything. :)

Well, just imagine you post a thread and then I post one straight after. Yours will get priority, as it was there first.

If a thread is already well established, and somebody creates a new one, priority will always go with the established thread. Provided it's not a huge, major bump. Say, a bump from last year. :heh:

True but there is no point forcing a discussion. Like it was said earlier there is only so many times and things that you can saying about playing a game. A game needs new news/content for a continuing debate.

A perfect example of this is the Smash Bros Topic. Before the website started updating the posts in there were the same things that we were discussing when the game first got announced. After a while I stopped visiting that topic as people were just repeating themselves but along came the new Smash website and then the topic got a nice boost.

Once a game has come and gone very few people go back to the game once finished, especially in an age where many people own more than one console. This clearly has an effect on the discussions of games and people quickly move on to the next game, yes im one of those people lol.

But then that's implying that the only thing you can post about is about the games themselves. In order to gain depth, you can post about other things. So, it could be your own ideas for games, maybe you want a start a small forum game, maybe you saw something funny regarding the Wii, or have a funny story or experience. That's what I'm trying to get at. :)

It doesn't always have to be about the latest games, and it's not always about long 1000 word+ rants.

But then that's implying that the only thing you can post about is about the games themselves. In order to gain depth, you can post about other things. So, it could be your own ideas for games, maybe you want a start a small forum game, maybe you saw something funny regarding the Wii, or have a funny story or experience. That's what I'm trying to get at. :)

Clearly nobody on here has experienced these kind of things lol

I see what you are getting at, to be fair its very rare that I do talk about anything other than the games themselves on here, its what I come here for. I love to see what other people think of the latest games and how they would improve them.

Clearly nobody on here has experienced these kind of things lol

I see what you are getting at, to be fair its very rare that I do talk about anything other than the games themselves on here, its what I come here for. I love to see what other people think of the latest games and how they would improve them.

I didn't mean it was wrong to just talk about games, obviously that's what the majority of people are going to do. But, I think you need a balance between light-hearted and serious. A lot of people come here to talk about the games, but I think they'll like to once every now and again take a breather and talk about something different. Hence why general chit chat is such a popular board, because it accomodates other things, too.

Edit: LOL, Monkeyking. :) That was just in reference to one thread in gen chit chat, which was becoming a bit, ur, spammy.

I didn't mean it was wrong to just talk about games, obviously that's what the majority of people are going to do. But, I think you need a balance between light-hearted and serious. A lot of people come here to talk about the games, but I think they'll like to once every now and again take a breather and talk about something different. Hence why general chit chat is such a popular board, because it accomodates other things, too.

Edit: LOL, Monkeyking. :) That was just in reference to one thread in gen chit chat, which was becoming a bit, ur, spammy.

Yeah I know mate, all in jest!

:)

Flinkington is back alright.

Cmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

I have to say I've been posting less, since I became staff, but that's normal I suppose.

Thing is when more threads get made everything for that seems to go in one thread..

I have to say I've been posting less, since I became staff, but that's normal I suppose.

I'm the same, Hellfire.

I've noticed things aren't as lively as they were, but a lot of interesting people have been banned too!