NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Noodleman

PES6 Tournament

Rules:

We have 2 groups of 4, each person plays each person in their group twice one home and one away. The home team hosts each game. Once a match has been played the result is posted into this thread. And I will update the table 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw.

After all the matches have been played the top 2 from each group go through to a 2 leg semi final. The winners go through to a 2 leg final. The losers go through to a 2 leg 3rd place play off.

Group Draw: I assigned each of us a letter, Then got someone in the meanginless post thread to split the letters into 2 groups. With thanks to Flinky he selected, A D G B & C E F H.

A, Caris

B, Ramar

C, Calza

D, Fresh

E, Stekov

F, Hobbzinio

G, Dalco

H, Noodleman

Group A

Caris

Fresh

Stefkov

Ramar

Group B

Calza

Dalco

Hobbzinio

Noodleman

Team draw: Each club was assigned a number.

1, AC Milan

2, Arsenal

3, Barcelona

4, Chelsea

5, Inter Milan

6, Manchester United

7, Real Madrid

8, Valencia

Then got someone in the Meaningless post thread to list the numbers 1-8 randomly and matched the numbers up to the players above. Flinky Selected: 76532148 Which gives us:

A, Caris - Real Madrid

B, Ramar - Man Utd

C, Calza - Inter

D, Fresh - Barcelona

E, Stekov - Arsenal

F, Hobbzinio - Milan

G, Dalco - Chelsea

H, Noodleman - Valencia

Thats Basicaly it, so er goodluck everybody.

Results:

Group A

Man Utd 5-4 Barcelona

Barcelona 3-0 Man Utd

Barca 6 - 1 Real Madrid

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Barca

Group B

Valencia 0-4 Milan

Milan 2-0 Valencia

Tables

Group A

P  W  D  L  GF GA GD PTS                 
Fresh    4  3  0  1  15  7 +8  9
Ramar    2  1  0  1   5  7 -2  3
Stefkov  0  0  0  0   0  0  0  0
Caris    2  0  0  2   2  8 -6  0                 

Group B

P  W  D  L  GF GA GD PTS
Hobbzinio     2  2  0  0  6  0  +6  6  
Calza         0  0  0  0  0  0   0  0
Dalco         0  0  0  0  0  0   0  0  
Noodleman     2  0  0  2  0  6  -6  0

Sounds like some stupid rules. A simple 8 person, knockout, favourate team would be fine. No need to go over the top.

Sounds like some stupid rules. A simple 8 person, knockout, favourate team would be fine. No need to go over the top.

The reason I didnt want to do a knockout was because the rubbish people (i.e me) only get to play once then. But yeah its all up for debate anyway, just trying to see how mcuh interest really.

The reason I didnt want to do a knockout was because the rubbish people (i.e me) only get to play once then. But yeah its all up for debate anyway, just trying to see how mcuh interest really.

Aye, I suppose your right. We could always do a league with a postive ranking system. 1 point for a win, 2 for draw and 3 for win. However we should alocate teams in a fair way, hell I only play with a few teams.

I'll be up for this aswell even though I hardly play it...

What is PES6? I've been wondering ever since mentioned in the 360 discussion.

Pro Evolution Soccerrrrrrr

Or Wininng Eleven in Japan if I'm not mistaken.

I'll be up for it.

Good call on Adriano. I was playing the game last night and he is just waaay to god for the game. He can shrug off nearly anyone, and his shots from anywhere make the keeper fumble it.

Why not keep it as Clubs. International would suck because I would have to be Ukraine then...

Pro Evolution Soccerrrrrrr

Or Wininng Eleven in Japan if I'm not mistaken.

I'll be up for it.

Good call on Adriano. I was playing the game last night and he is just waaay to god for the game. He can shrug off nearly anyone, and his shots from anywhere make the keeper fumble it.

Why not keep it as Clubs. International would suck because I would have to be Ukraine then...

I will smight those who think Adriano shouldn't be in this. There are much better players in the game.

Name them ^ They completely overrated adriano cos he was on the box art, ive seen him in real life and he is nothing like he is on Pro Evo. His stats are amazing and at times he his impossible to defend against. Only other striker who can just about match Adriano's overall power and skill as a striker is Henry.

Henrys insane ability to turn on a sixpence. Ibrahimovic who not only can also turn on a sixpence but can lash them in with both left and right foot. There are plenty of players who are overrated, singling out Adriano is ridiculous.

Fair point ^ but the only other player you mentioned with an advantage was ibramivich and he plays for inter milan too - which makes there strike force naturally better then everybody elses.

To me Adriano is by far the best player on the game, purely because ive discovered techniques to be able to defend against henry and ibramovich... Every time you think you have read Adriano to a tee, he bobbles past with his insane strength.

I will agree, he's overrated but not invincible. It's like Robben, the damn guy can turn a defense inside out.

The problem with Adriano is that while some players have obscene skills Robbens dribbiling, Henrys turning etc etc. Adriano appears to posess all of them. Coupled with ability to win every header, bounce off tackles saunter through the defence, score fromt he halfway line with ease. He's stupidly overated.

The problem with Adriano is that while some players have obscene skills Robbens dribbiling, Henrys turning etc etc. Adriano appears to posess all of them. Coupled with ability to win every header, bounce off tackles saunter through the defence, score fromt he halfway line with ease. He's stupidly overated.

I don't think Adriano has all of those, I can win most balls off him, unlike Robben/Henry/Ibrahimovic.

Do you play on easy mode?

Because your seriously the first person I know of, who finds the 3 mentioned players harder to defend against then Adriano.

I only play online. Robben in a bitch to stay on in my opinon as is Henry.

Adriano is massively over rated on the game, they make him out as some godly player. Hate playing on live against teams with him in.

I'd be up for a tournament, not played in a while. And although I'm awesome against people I know, on live I lost about 3 more times than I've won. :(

You left off Caris, so its 8 at the moment.

Right then, Does anybody have any objections to the 8 teams suggested by Hobzinio:

Man United

Chelsea

Arsenal

Barca

Real

Valencia

AC Milan

Inter

Could quite happily sub in Bayern or Roma if people wanted not fussed either way really. I have a plan for the random draw using the meaningless post thread. I'll do it in a couple of hours unless anybody specificaly objects.

Roma should be in for Valencia, but then again no other team is as good as the other 7.

I'm free all wedesday. Apart from not having most of you people's gamertags the only problem is I might be playing Mario Football that day for that tournament.

Curses I have to be United, lol. Ah well. I work Thursday and Friday nights but I'm free any other day. Just pm me when I meant to play a match (in advance obviously).

Sign in to follow this