Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has retired due to knee injury :sad: His a true legend and will be missed, hopefully we have a testimonial for him!

If he's got nee injury why's he retiring?

Have a dislike for the little frodo bastard, mostly stemming from his scythe of Rob Lee when he was straight through on goal, with not even a pretence of trying to get the ball, then turning and immediately walking off shrugging his shoulders and mouthing "I had to do it" robbing us of 3 points at Old Trafford.

Yes, the greatest moment of his career was to cheat. It wasn't self sacrifice. I'm pretty sure if he'd pulled out of the challenge because he couldn't make it without cheating to deny us a goal, and then gone to score at the other end instead (the right way to do it) then you'd be lauding him for that as well.

Glad his careers over, hope both his legs fall off. Flying in from behind no-where near the ball could have ended Lee's career as well, it was a totally reckless challenge.

Strange to hear of a footballer having a heart attack, must be the steroids.

Wot a load of bollocks. I've heard rumours that he has had heart problems in the past and that its abit odd that he has slipped the net so to speak and continued playing. I'm not sure if these rumours are true though apparently being reported by some spanish journalists...

I was shocked to hear he had collapsed in the first place and then to find out he has died even worse, heard that Man Utd have watched him quite a few times... he only had 1 cap but was surely one for the future.

22 no age at all, I'm 23 now and hardly feel like I've lived, poor lad...

Good idea to call off their game tonight, they will all be shell shocked.

on another note have to commend Liverpool for playing Z-Cars tonight at anfield in memory of rhys jones. It's tragic times like these where rivalries really mean nothing and have to be put to one side.

What even more tragic about Puerta's death is his girlfriend is due to have his child in 2 months time, and they had planned to get married next summer.

Never knew who he was really, still saddening.

As for Solskjaer (the man with the unspellable name), meh, don't really care if I was honest. He meant nothing to me, might be a club legend, but he was nothing special.

The worst thing is the BBC's site thinks some old farts retirement is more important (hence the main news bit) than the death of a young athlete. That's not on in my opinion.

Ole Gunnar is a member of the Liverpool FC Norweigan Supporters Club...

Bet you didn't know that..

Still I have a certain like of him Don't know why mind

Anyway don't know wether it has been mentioned but LFC will come out to

Z-Cars tonight in memory of Rhys Jones, I personally think thats an excellent tribute and fingers crossed the Morons of the Crowd keep their mouth shut...

Not expecting trouble mind....

Bah Someone beat me to it...

I hope it is the starting point in a thawing of relations with everton, it has gone a bit 'manc' between us the last few years, with the atmosphere at derbies getting worse and worse and the fans acting like idiots towards people from their own city.

I hope this will be the start of everyone getting a grip and getting back to what it always used to be like in derbies, rivalry yes, hatred no.

Says on the Liverpool Site Their Parents are going to be present....Hopefully it goes off without a hitch

Pretty disgraceful behaviour by the Newcastle supporters the other day. With the abuse Mido took, totally unaceptable in my book. Even if he is playing for a rival.

Scumbags at every club shocker....

Scumbags at every club shocker....

Well yes but what I have heard from a Newcastle fan who was at the game, that it wasnt a minority but the majority of the fans who where chanting, "Mido, he's got a bomb you know; Mido's got a bomb."

He did say that it was only a small number doing the Mido is a paedo one though.

Well yes but what I have heard from a Newcastle fan who was at the game, that it wasnt a minority but the majority of the fans who where chanting, "Mido, he's got a bomb you know; Mido's got a bomb."

He did say that it was only a small number doing the Mido is a paedo one though.

Mido is a peado is quite funny, although I don't understand the motive behind it

The bomb one is a disgrace though, what about the Asian United Fans?

From speaking to people who were at the game it wasn't a majority, but I'm not going to try and defend it at all. There's a poll on a toon board asking if it was acceptable and thankfully a majority say no there as well. Some people have still been making excuses though such as that the chants have been going around for ages and stem from when he was featured in Private Eye as a look-a-like for richard reid the shoe bomber (ie that it wasn't because he was muslim or arab but just because of how he looked :indeed: ), that he was giving them the V signs before they started the chants and that Boro and other clubs had previously chanted "shoe bomber" songs at him in the past. None of which are any kind of excuse in the slightest for the kind of behaviour exhibited. I have noticed recently there are more little drunken charva idiots on away trips who's main focus is making a dick of themselves and antagonising opposition fans, dunno if that's just us or reflective of a sea change in general.

ROFL you cant be serious?

You are one deluded little boy

I am being serious, wether he has been better than Rooney is very good debate, either way he has been one of the better players in England for quite some time...He is a class act

But of course your a United fan and were probably one of the clueless ***** that booed him a few years ago...

But I forgot none of this matter because he is incredibly tall, hence the reason why everyone hates him

Really enjoying the Liverpool match, we are moving the ball around really well and chasing loads. Only one complaint (apart from the obvious, stop missing the chances) will the croud please stop encouraging Sissoko to shoot! He cant do it!

Its nothing but Irony haha

I am being serious, wether he has been better than Rooney is very good debate, either way he has been one of the better players in England for quite some time...He is a class act

But of course your a United fan and were probably one of the clueless ***** that booed him a few years ago...

I think his a good players, he has a good scoring record in the Champions League.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!