Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

ROFL @ petition.

I still dont see why all the hate? any other reasons why you would sign that petition?

Most folk hate Leeds United. End of story. Rivalies are healthy, hating a club just for the sake of it is petty.

They didn't get any punishment for a pitch invasion, they cheated their way into administration and now have the cheek to appeal a 15 points deduction.

Pitch invasion was ridiculous. I don't see how the actions of a minority of fans should warrant a points deduction? That's just the hatred talking bullshit.

Oh and we didn't cheat administration...it was all carried out within every Footballing Law that has ever been written by the Gods of the Football League.

Just because you want to see a fellow yorkshire team fold doens't mean you can throw accusatory remarks around.

I'm sure Conzer 100% agree's with everything being said here.....

:heart:

:(

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most folk hate Leeds United. End of story. Rivalies are healthy, hating a club just for the sake of it is petty.

Rest easy knowing one person on here doesn't want Leeds punished, its not good to see a once succesful club fall so far so fast. It's an actual representation of what could happen to all Premier League teams if run poorly.

The way I see it Leeds are a big club on one hell of a downward spiral, granted I don't feel any sadness, but I am horrified and shocked at how bad it's gone for them, I can only laugh at the cock that is Ken Bates and Dennis Wise..

Fan wise I do have alot of synpathy, I mean Football rivalry is one thing but It's oustanding whats going on..

And I fear it will get worse...

The way I see it Leeds are a big club on one hell of a downward spiral, granted I don't feel any sadness, but I am horrified and shocked at how bad it's gone for them, I can only laugh at the cock that is Ken Bates and Dennis Wise..

Fan wise I do have alot of synpathy, I mean Football rivalry is one thing but It's oustanding whats going on..

And I fear it will get worse...

Ken Bates is a sly and devious fucker, but as a Leeds fan there's no point in not supporting him now as he's saved the club form the brink and although he nearly destroyed us he is the man who can turn it around from here on out.

Dennis Wise is different. He has put together a team who wants to play with us. He has managed to sign people who aren't there to make money off the club, they have signed because they want to be at Leeds.

I don't think it will get too much worse. The team we have now will need a few games to settle and once we have a good look at them then we can start to see what's going to happen. Promotion is a possibility if our points sanction is reduced. Relegation isn't an option.

Ken Bates is a sly and devious fucker, but as a Leeds fan there's no point in not supporting him now as he's saved the club form the brink and although he nearly destroyed us he is the man who can turn it around from here on out.

Dennis Wise is different. He has put together a team who wants to play with us. He has managed to sign people who aren't there to make money off the club, they have signed because they want to be at Leeds.

I don't think it will get too much worse. The team we have now will need a few games to settle and once we have a good look at them then we can start to see what's going to happen. Promotion is a possibility if our points sanction is reduced. Relegation isn't an option.

Relegation hasn't been an option for a few years and look whats happend...

Wouldn't rule United out to be out of the Football League by the turn of 2015!

Relegation hasn't been an option for a few years and look whats happend...

Wouldn't rule United out to be out of the Football League by the turn of 2015!

Relegation was very much a possibly over the past 3 years. The former administrations run the club into the ground and tbh our football was nothing to write home about.

I don't understand how everyone (not here on NE but in general) were talking about Leeds winning League 1 until we had a 15 points sanction and then we're going to be relegated...:indeed:

Leeds will most definitely survive this season. It all depends on how todays appeal goes in regards to where we finish in the league.

Leeds being out of the FL in 15 years?? Please....:zzz:

Relegation was very much a possibly over the past 3 years. The former administrations run the club into the ground and tbh our football was nothing to write home about.

I don't understand how everyone (not here on NE but in general) were talking about Leeds winning League 1 until we had a 15 points sanction and then we're going to be relegated...:indeed:

Leeds will most definitely survive this season. It all depends on how todays appeal goes in regards to where we finish in the league.

Leeds being out of the FL in 15 years?? Please....:zzz:

Stranger things have happend..

We'll be back in the Championship in at most 3 years.

We'll be in the Prem in another 4-5 after that.

The contracts signed so far this week...

Casper Ankergren

Leon Constantine

Tom Elliott

Tore Andre Flo

Scott Gardner

Matt Heath

Rui Marques

Ben Parker

David Prutton

Gavin Rothery

Alan Thompson

Curtis Weston

Not bad after we only got the all clear to sign folk last week! What's more is all those signings WANT to play for the club, and that's what we need more than anything else - our team to pull together and fight for every point.

Well the 15 points sanction stands. Apparently the FL chairmen voted overwhelmingly in favour of a sanction and overwhelmingly for a 15 points deduction.

Funking wankers.

Bollocks to the whole lot of ye.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/6937521.stm

Unlucky conzer, I was hoping they'd get it over turned. But if I was totally hoenst some of the behaviour did deserve a few points taken off, maybe not 15.

In other news, signed up to Arsenal's Travel Club, so I can get myself to away games. And I bought the Asrenal third shirt :D.

Good to see some support here for Leeds.

Here are the 16 clubs that apparently voted in favour of Leeds (ie against 15 points penalty)

Bradford City

Burnley

Colchester United

Darlington

Gillingham

Ipswich Town

Nottingham Forest

Plymouth Argyle

Queens Park Rangers

Sheffield United

Sheffield Wednesday

Stockport County

Stoke City

Swindon Town

Watford

Wrexham

A pat on the back for the fella who can spot one notable absentee from that list....

Here is a rather terse attack on the Football League from http://www.leedsunited.com

Leeds United 0 Taxman 1 (og Football League)

Leeds United are amazed by the perverse outcome of Thursday's meeting of Football League Clubs, which defied all logic, and we believe had arisen as a result of a serious misrepresentation of fact by the board of the Football League in their presentation.

The only winner is HMRC and we believe the full ramifications of Thursday's decision will adversely affect football going forward for many years.

"Football Family" seems to be driven by self interest.

The Club is considering its options but in the meantime will be concentrating on starting its promotion campaign at Tranmere on Saturday.

Says In the Liverpool Echo there will be a sky walk ontop of the Kop looking over to Wales..In the new stadium..

Very Nice....

Remember Ant, you can't mention the stadium on here. Hobbz and the gang will get upset and start throwing abuse at you. Sounds good though.

And, are my eyes decieving me, or did I just see someone write 'Francis Jeffers' and 'good player' in the same sentence? :laughing:

Oh yeah, and Leeds :laughing:

Remember Ant, you can't mention the stadium on here. Hobbz and the gang will get upset and start throwing abuse at you. Sounds good though.

And, are my eyes decieving me, or did I just see someone write 'Francis Jeffers' and 'good player' in the same sentence? :laughing:

Oh yeah, and Leeds :laughing:

I wrote could be a good player. Especially in the Championship and hes certainly better than Leon Clarke.

Suprised we voted to reduce the points deduction tbh. Because as a club we have always been run at a profit certainy in the last 10 years. Infact we where one of the main clubs to kick up a fuss about points being deducted for going into administration.

Anyway personaly I think the punishment should stand anyway, not because I have anything against Leeds. But because you broke the rules despite what Ken Bates says. You got off very lightly compared to some clubs. (see Boston United for example) I refuse to believe that he wasnt planning to put you in administration for a long time.

Its also very pathetic for the club blaiming the taxman for this. Its money you owe them ffs of course there going to do everything in there power to get the money back. Unluck a lot of Leeds creditors they arent by a certain Ken Bates after all......

Aston Villa Supporters' Trust has launched a £30,000 appeal to erect a statue of the father of League Football William McGregor.

McGregor was a director of Aston Villa Football Club and moreover is credited as being the brainchild behind the formation of the Football League.

The Club and Trust are commited to honouring his massive contribution to English and World football by placing a permanent commemoration at Villa Park.

Finally, William McGregor will get a statue of himself erected, and where else but at Villa Park too.

In other news, we should get Scott Carson tomorrow. :hehe:

Yeah I'll try not to talk about anything Football Related in the Football Thread..

Tears Maybe shed

Anyway yeah looks amazing, Apparently i'd imagine also if you look the other way you will be able to see the Reebok Stadium...Apparently this is visible ontop of the Kop on a VERY Clear day. Would look better from up on the new one i'd imagine...

George and Tom Hicks really have worked wonders so far....God Bless 'Em

In other news, we should get Scott Carson tomorrow. :hehe:

Never going to get ahead of Reina...Is it on loan? A figure being bashed about is £2.5 Million for a one year loan...

Never going to get ahead of Reina...Is it on loan? A figure being bashed about is £2.5 Million for a one year loan..

It is a season-long loan. All the papers are saying we've got him, but Sky Sports and the Villa are saying it still isn't wrapped up yet.

It made me chuckle.

You have a dirty mind, lad. :nono:

Came Across this Lovely Video on the Internet after the Final which we lost..

Thugs My Arse...

It is a season-long loan. All the papers are saying we've got him, but Sky Sports and the Villa are saying it still isn't wrapped up yet.

:

Can't Imagine Liverpool having him be able to play v Liverpool....

I have a feeling the Transfer will be formally completed after the Villa game methinks, If he where to be able to play he would have to be registered before 5pm tommorow....

Can't Imagine Liverpool having him be able to play v Liverpool....

I have a feeling the Transfer will be formally completed after the Villa game methinks, If he where to be able to play he would have to be registered before 5pm tommorow....

If its a loan he cant play against Liverpool