N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no doesn't roman bankroll chelsea?

liverpool on the other hand the new guys on charge are just hoping for the fa to bring a wage cap so they can make some money.

When liverpool buy a player it's giving them debt, when chelsea buy one it's giving roman debt.

Chelsea as a football club make absolutely no money what so ever. If Roman Abromovich was to pack up and leave, Chelsea would be screwed unless someone with his amount of money would back them to make sure their lavish costs are paid for.

So technically yes they have money, but its not the clubs money its the owner. And if you've noticed recently he's not been trowing the notes about, he himself has stated the club needs to start bringing some money in.

Chelsea as a football club make absolutely no money what so ever. If Roman Abromovich was to pack up and leave, Chelsea would be screwed unless someone with his amount of money would back them to make sure their lavish costs are paid for.

So technically yes they have money, but its not the clubs money its the owner. And if you've noticed recently he's not been trowing the notes about, he himself has stated the club needs to start bringing some money in.

Spot on...

I think he will leave the club in a few years

well apparently Portsmouth are very close to securing the signing of Nugent, Everton have not stepped in and seemingly with other targets (Richardson and Koumas) they are not about to. Also we have secured our 5th signing on the season in the form of Arnold Mvemba (who we had on loan last season) from Rennes with John Utaka (Nigerian striker) expected to follow in the next 48 hrs from the same club. If we got Nugent and Utaka I would be well chuffed, Kanu can piss of to Holland then if he wants...

In other news pompey has also launched a new website (http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk) and even though the home kit hasn't been unveiled yet (next week) there are training tops available to buy;

prd_maxzoom_37794.jpg

You'll notice they are made by Canterbury who make rugby kits and the caps like Cech wears...

I don't get the hype behind nugent

hard working, strong, scores goals and most importantly he is English! Portsmouth havn't had a good english striker for years (and I mean a lot of years) so it makes for a refreshing change...

hard working, strong, scores goals and most importantly he is English! Portsmouth havn't had a good english striker for years (and I mean a lot of years) so it makes for a refreshing change...

But he is inproven at this level..

Think he might be another victim of the "Michael Ricketts" syndrome...

I have seen nugent and i think he is another andy johnson and perfect for the way pompey are set up. I would be surprised if he fails.

yeah thats the way I see it to and also another reason I don't think Everton will make a move for him...

I think they would if Bill Kenwright opened his wallet, which he very rarely does

Yeah but as I pointed out before they have other targets they seem more focused on, they havn't even enquired about Nugent having been put off by the price...

Why do the Mancs have this habit of spending huge amounts of money on shit players?

Haven't some of you Liverpool fans in the past said that Heinze was shit, and now in the past week there was your team trying to buy him. Lolz.

And Tevez is hardly shit........considering he pretty much kept West Ham up singlehandedly.

Chris Sutton has been forced to retire due to his eye injury.

That's a bit of a shame, but what a career he has had, wouldn't you agree? :smile:

For someone to retire due to something as rare as a eye injury is pretty damn harsh..

Momo still suffers from his eye injury...

Just to clarify, who actually said Heinze was shit before taring us all with the same brush?

I was about to go through some previous posts, but that shit takes time and is hardly worth the hassle. But more than one of you has said it in the past...........think it may of been in last seasons thread when talking about Man U winning the premiership, and some of you stating it was a shit team except for Ronaldo and Rooney.

That was me and i stick by it. if we bought heinze it would be a massive step back.

Rafa has said they dont want a left back they are after wingers.

i will still say he is shit even if we sign him.

Respect to you for sticking by your guns. He isn't amazing, but for having that extra cover on the bench could be quite a positive for having him in a squad.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!