NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

Ameobi is better than Smith

Ameobi plays football like an octopus falling out of a tree, he's nowhere near premiership level. If he wasn't a geordie he'd have been shipped off to Norwich ages ago.

I liked Song as well

Please take him off our hands. He's the worst player to wear the shirt since Igor Stepanovs. Thats right, the man, the myth, the Cygan is rated higher than Song.

Ameobi plays football like an octopus falling out of a tree, he's nowhere near premiership level. If he wasn't a geordie he'd have been shipped off to Norwich ages ago.

My old man would be chuffed with that transfer, :).

Moyes is leaving Everton rumour going around...Wouldn't be suprised...

Why he seems to be doing a good job.

Why he seems to be doing a good job.

No Money

Kenwright is an arsehole

No Ambition..

etc etc etc

Everton will struggle badly this season. Everyone is spending money while Moyesie hasn't got a penny.

If by struggle you mean be comfortably mid table then yes they will. They'll finish closer to a UEFA cup spot then being relegated.

Everton will finish 11-15th

Seriously they are poor this season, Cahill is injured and become prone to injury.

Without Arteta, they are screwed....

Without Arteta, they are screwed....

Why are they without Arteta?

They've got some canny players, Cahill's out for just the start of the season, Lescott and Yobo are solid, Jagielka's versitile and a good grafter. Think they could surprise people this season. Don't think they're going to be top 6, but maybe 7th-11th.

Top two are still going to be Chelsea and Man U, although I think there's definite potential for a surprise package int he top four depending on how Liverpool and Arsenal do. Really hope someone (anyone) manages to bridge the gap ebcause it's making the premiership really dull. the suits won't like it though, they don't want anyone else to get a look in because of all the Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal "fans" and bookies in the far and middle east.

Why are they without Arteta?

They've got some canny players, Cahill's out for just the start of the season, Lescott and Yobo are solid, Jagielka's versitile and a good grafter. Think they could surprise people this season. Don't think they're going to be top 6, but maybe 7th-11th.

Top two are still going to be Chelsea and Man U, although I think there's definite potential for a surprise package int he top four depending on how Liverpool and Arsenal do. Really hope someone (anyone) manages to bridge the gap ebcause it's making the premiership really dull. the suits won't like it though, they don't want anyone else to get a look in because of all the Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal "fans" and bookies in the far and middle east.

Can't see it myself, they may get a few good home wins and performances under their belt but this summer has been both a disaster and fustrating for Moyes..

Deffo won't finish top half

I dont see how the summer has been a disaster? They already have a very strong squad and always bring people in.

Everton will finish top 10, dont think they will be in the european race though.

They have lost out on Alan Smith, never kept Manuel Fernandez, James Vaughns Injured long-term, Sold Beattie without a replacement.

Missed out on crucial signings...Need I go on?

Wasn't aware Liverpool where ever even in for him, probably one of those things where the club make the signing look better than it actully was...

Ala Damien Duff and us being in for him when he moved to the North East....:confused:

Brilliant signing, Liverpool could of done with him tbh - Funny that Everton got him.

Holding out for Heinze...:bowdown:

You will be holding for a long time then

Just before the transfer window shuts, Unless theirs evidence that United can present...Even then if it does go over I'd imagine they will allow for special dispensation yadda yadda yadda etc etc etc

Fergie is just up to his old tricks again..

My thoughts on the title race for the new season:

Us - I think we have really added depth to our squad with the signings and Nani + Anderson will serve as long term replacements for Scholesy and Giggs. The fact Fergie is considering the future already, is very positive and shows he means buisness. Hargreaves has added that anchor we have lacked since Keano left and he will make us 10X as strong in europe, last season we lost to Milan because of the lack of a defensive midfielder imo. As far as the title is concerned, we have just signed an explosive striker who will partner another explosive striker. If they can function and the rest of our attack plays like last season, it is hard to see anybody catching us. However, the lack of 1 extra striker and Saha's injuries will hit us hard at times and Fergie might be forced to buy somebody in January. Defensively we will be fine, but this season could spell the end for Neville and Van De Saar.

Chelsea - Terry being out for the first month is HUGE for them. Last season injuries stopped them from getting off to that quick start, and gettin that quick start is usually the deciding factor in who wins the league. Malouda was a great signing, but there is still serious doubts to which formation Jose will play with. If they can keep there squad fit, they will be a force to be reckoned with no doubt. Even so, I believe Chelsea are still lacking the right man to partner Drogba and I dont think Glen Johnson can do it at Chelsea, so the right back spot has a question mark on it.

Liverpool - Definetly added strength to their attack and Torres was a brilliant signing. I think he will do a very good job up top, but I dont think he will be a prolific goal scorer. The big Liverpool needed to add was wingers and they have done that, but again I am not sure they have done it well. Yossi to me is a player who belongs at a middle table club and I dont think he has the pedigree to really make an impact at Liverpool. Babel looks very versatile and can play in various positions, he is looking like a good signing but time will tell. But do Liverpool really have better wingers then Chelsea, United or even Spurs? I dont think they do. Where Liverpool are really fucked though imo and looked weak last season was the left back spot, Riise just isnt a good defender he is a good left winger. With Heinze prolli not coming and Baines going to Everton, it looks like another season with a big weak spot.

Arsenal - Everybody is writing them off too soon. Sure Henry has left, but Wenger is still a great coach who can get the best out of young players. The players at the club will now finally get there chance to shine and with Fabregas, Gallas and Van Persie as the spine of the team, they can still do a very good job. If Arsenal can iron out there inconsistency and beat the littler teams week in and week out as well, they will be up there. I am still not convinced they have the depth in there squad, needed to win the title. I mean, a couple of injuries and they dont have the players chelsea and united have to fall back on. Either way, they will vastly improve on last year.

Top 4 -

1 United

2 Chelsea

3 Arsenal

4 Liverpool

I think the top 2 will remain the same and Arsenal will really have a go and at times look like they can win it. This season there young guns will show their promise and the HUGE expectations from Liverpool supporters will not be matched, due to the questions over Rafa's signings. Torres will come good, but the team will never really look like they have what it takes to go that extra mile. Spurs will challenge, but once again fall short and John Terry's injury will really damage Chelsea from getting off to a quick start, due to the inexperience of the replacements.

Liverpool or Arsenal will win the FA Cup

2 English teams will reach the semi's of the Champions League Again

Derby will 100% go down, with who I dont know.

and West Ham, Pompey, Spurs, Villa will all challenge for europe

Thats me verdict :)

I think Chelsea will go 4-3-3 this season. it is the best way for them to play with Malouda LF, Drogba through the middle and you can play SWP or Joe Cole RF. I think Chelsea and Utd will be neck and neck all the way through the season.

Utd will be great this season. Gonna score huge amount goals, Tevez will be superb. Ronaldo will be amazing as ever and I looking forward to seeing Anderson play.

Liverpool made good signing with Torres but havent got the required Wingers. Kewell is finished and will never be back to his best. I don't really rate Pennant as he is wasteful. plenty of times his crosses are wayward and his dribbling skills are not great. Babbel is a good player but not a winger, he always played upfront for Ajax and he is also Right Footed so if I hope Rafa does not play him LW. I not sure if he is ready yet, speaking to Ajax fans they seem to think he would of been better staying in Holland for another season.

Like I have said before I think Rafa has to change his way of thinking. it works in europe but in the EPL especially away from home Rafa is just too cautious. The Midfield are too deep and hardly get forward, full backs are not attacking enough and when teams sit back Liverpool lack imagination and flair to create chances. Liverpool need a new John Barnes or Steve McManaman.

Why would Heinze leave now his good friend Tevez has joined?

He's definately leaving mate, there's no way he can play for Manchester United again after all that has happened. Whether he ends up at Anfield or elsewhere is another matter.

Why would Heinze leave now his good friend Tevez has joined? It aint like he wont play often and with Fergie's speech bound to be on form in the interview, I can see him staying...

Putting two and two together there and getting 5

Hezine will be gone soon enough....