NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Aonuma

A link To The Future. ZELDA REBOOT?

Let's face it, Twilight Princess was generic, formulaic shite.

I see it as the best game ever.

I see it as the best game ever.

seriously? :wtf:

As do I, what's the problem? Everyone has his own opinion.

Generic and formulaic, yes....

If it hadnt have been, too many ppl would have complained it wasnt Zelda.

Shite ? I wouldnt have gone that far.

oh yeah yeah i know! everyone is like entitled to his/ her own opinion.

like i said the game is good. i just dont understand what this game has that WW or OOT didnt. which IMO are much better games.

oh yeah yeah i know! everyone is like entitled to his/ her own opinion.

like i said the game is good. i just dont understand what this game has that WW or OOT didnt. which IMO are much better games.

No boring sailing (I didnt fins it boring, but for someone who want to go from point A to B I can see it getting boring), meaning no dead times, incredible dungeon design, awesome cutscenes, great new items, better fighting, amazing atmosphere,... I don't know, as a whole, it just feels better.

well yeah thats your opinion. Still not enough for me though to agree. Going from point A-B in zelda has always been a very free roam feauture. its your time. in Tp.. its very dull. and the pacing is just totally off. you can Go from point A-B in TP in no time, which yes, ok thats great! But i was never in a hurry to beat a zelda game. i always found things to do on the way from Point a-b. but not in Tp. there was nothing there.

Ok sure the great sea, there wasnt much either... the odd rubby or two along the way but the overall feeling of adventure to get from point a-b was so much better in WW. I actualy felt INVOLVED. But felt almost rejected in Tp. It was constrained.

But at least it wasn't Wind Waker.

No boring sailing (I didnt fins it boring, but for someone who want to go from point A to B I can see it getting boring), meaning no dead times, incredible dungeon design, awesome cutscenes, great new items, better fighting, amazing atmosphere,... I don't know, as a whole, it just feels better.

My favourite game too, the Wii controls did it for me, I felt like I was Link more than ever!

Well, not just the controls, everything about it was beautiful, the dungeon design, the boss battles... just amazing! Work of art!

I found the actual combat and dungeon-solving...stuff a lot more fun in Twilight Princess.

The weapons you gained were pretty damn awesome. I don't know why, but I never really felt excited about going to a new dungeon in The Wind Waker. I felt the whole design was just done so much better in TP. Especially the Snow Mansion, Underwater dungeon and Temple of time (piss off, I liked it!)

And the Boss Battles. Wind Waker's just couldn't compete! I'm still hyper after the Unwater dungeon's boss, months after doing it. Such a great fight.

Exploration-wise, WW was probably better, but as far as combat and fun goes, I think TP won in that respect.

oh yeah i wont agrue that one! yeah Tp fight system was much much better, and yeah the level design was great. but i still cant help but feel thats its still not ZELDA-ISH enough.

oh yeah i wont agrue that one! yeah Tp fight system was much much better, and yeah the level design was great. but i still cant help but feel thats its still not ZELDA-ISH enough.

But then, what is Zelda-ish?

How can Twilight Princess be a generic, formulaic game, a re-hash of OoT yet NOT feel Zelda-ish?

I really dont know what it is to be honnest.

I just feel as though its too epic. or too much like OOT. and the pacing is well off man in terms of storying telling. but tahts a whole other box of frogs.

its a really great game. but for me. and i stand by this, its not a great zelda game.

I really dont know what it is to be honnest.

I just feel as though its too epic. or too much like OOT. and the pacing is well off man in terms of storying telling. but tahts a whole other box of frogs.

its a really great game. but for me. and i stand by this, its not a great zelda game.

To be honest, I think each 3D Zelda game was different in it's own right. This reminded me a lot more of Majora's Mask than it did of OoT. Not sure why. But, just riding across Hyrule at night. It was Hyrule, but it's different to what we know from OoT. More like the parallel universe of Termina in MM.

yeah. but i liek a well rounded game. everything is just running right and it all feel s appart of the whole setting. maybe it was the twilight realm i didnt like or the wolf mechanic. it just didnt feel WHOLE to me. and paced right.

yeah i did enjoy riding across hyrule though. The world wasnt believeible enough for me.I had a hard time believing that this was an actual place and time.

Well, it seems to be a bit of a love-hate thing. Personally, I loved it, even the Wolf sections which I thought I would dislike. And...Midna!

I do think that there were occassions where the pace should have been upped, but I think we can probably say the same in other Zelda games. I felt Wind Waker did the same towards the end, after such a strong introduction.

yeah it is a love/hate thing.

I just enjoyed WW more. Its really whatever your into. i prefer the sailing and the whole wind mechanic over the twilight realm and wolf stuff.

and i prefer WW' graphics also. much more expressive. The world looks like a cartoon but its very much alive and full of expression. The presentaion of WW just got me. i loved it from the start.

yeah it is a love/hate thing.

I just enjoyed WW more. Its really whatever your into. i prefer the sailing and the whole wind mechanic over the twilight realm and wolf stuff.

and i prefer WW' graphics also. much more expressive. The world looks like a cartoon but its very much alive and full of expression. The presentaion of WW just got me. i loved it from the start.

I did like the fact that the Wind played a part in the game, but it did get a bit irritating having to keep changing the direction of the wind when you wanted to travel. In that respect, horse riding was much cooler.

But, it was pretty sweet to see something in the distance, and then it turning out to be an island when you got closer. Very cool.

As for graphics: I liked both, and they suited their respective games. Twilight Princess felt a bit more serious, so it's style suited it more, to me. I wish they would've used slightly darker colours for some sections in Wind Waker. At times, it was just a bit too cute. They could have made a great looking game look even better by giving it a darker side.

thats the thing though, i never got browned off at the Wind mechanic.

It seems alot of people did. hmmm. I didnt tire of Tp in terms of traveling.

I just felt Riding across fields didnt have the same emotional impact as to sailing an open ocean. I would stop the boat and just watch the sea or watch people in on islands doing their everyday thing. In Tp, you stop the horse..and thats it. Ofcource these arnt gameplay features its just something i enjoyed doing from a more personal prespective. I cant compare that to Tp. its not fair. But i love little suttle moments like that. ima sucker for em.

thats the thing though, i never got browned off at the Wind mechanic.

It seems alot of people did. hmmm. I didnt tire of Tp in terms of traveling.

I just felt Riding across fields didnt have the same emotional impact as to sailing an open ocean. I would stop the boat and just watch the sea or watch people in on islands doing their everyday thing. In Tp, you stop the horse..and thats it. Ofcource these arnt gameplay features its just something i enjoyed doing from a more personal prespective. I cant compare that to Tp. its not fair. But i love little suttle moments like that. ima sucker for em.

What I'd love to happen in the future is if they can implement both. So, we can have an almighty land where we travel across on horseback, and then have the ability to travel to far-away Islands on boat.

I'd bluddy love that!

i havnt played oblivion.. but dosnt that game feature a systen like that? land and water?

Zelda set in the future? I wouldn't mind it tbh, but it's gotta be done sensibly.

I was disappointed with the fact that when i saw the original TP trailers i felt like the game was going to be this massive war between Hyrule and Ganon, but no, it's just link going around with the rest of hyrule oblivious to the fact that they're in trouble. It just wasn't epic enough imo (that said, i'm not saying setting in the future will solve this).

Just don't make link a drug dealer with guns and its cool.

I thought TP would've been better if Gannon had a massive invading army, a little lord of the rings esque. Link caught up in a huge war between an invading army and an outnumbered elite cadre of royal troops.

Well again thats a story based concept. THere was nothing wrong with Tps story. It was very mature and well thought of. Only... its pacing i felt, was off. The second wact was too short and the first was too long.

But yea, from the early trailers, i also thought it was gona be this huge war and link had been chucked right into the middle of it.

But anyways this is about a zelda Reboot.Revamping the series.

what Would you like to see in a future Zelda game?

Do you think the Zelda formula is still working? Do you want a change...Dramatic or not?

Well again thats a story based concept. THere was nothing wrong with Tps story. It was very mature and well thought of. Only... its pacing i felt, was off. The second wact was too short and the first was too long.

But yea, from the early trailers, i also thought it was gona be this huge war and link had been chucked right into the middle of it.

But anyways this is about a zelda Reboot.Revamping the series.

what Would you like to see in a future Zelda game?

Do you think the Zelda formula is still working? Do you want a change...Dramatic or not?

I want what I thought TP would be lol!

Sign in to follow this