N-Europe

The Butterfly Effect

Slaggis

What I don't understand though is that She became a really successful woman (or so it seemed), even though her Father would have still kiddyfiddled her so....:wtf:

Because What'shisface and AmySmartWoman don't become friends she moves in with her mum when her parents split up.

If by that you mean the suicide one, then yeah, I agree. I found the one last night to be more 'distressing' though.

What I don't understand though is that She became a really successful woman (or so it seemed), even though her Father would have still kiddyfiddled her so....:wtf:

Overall a film that really gets my brain going and that I really connect to, and the only film where What'shisface (the guy who plays the main character) doesn't seem gay.

I have no idea what ending they showed last night as I didnt watch it but the "normal" ending on the DVD is the suicide one where he goes back into the womb which I think makes the most sense :)

I have no idea what ending they showed last night as I didnt watch it but the "normal" ending on the DVD is the suicide one where he goes back into the womb which I think makes the most sense :)

That just sounds really wierd...How does one go about commiting suicide in the womb? What journal did he read to go back to that time? Are foetuses even developed enough to consider suicide and if they are have they even the physical capability??

That just sounds really wierd...How does one go about commiting suicide in the womb? What journal did he read to go back to that time? Are foetuses even developed enough to consider suicide and if they are have they even the physical capability??

If i remember right, he sees a pic of that soundy thing when you're a lil baby thing.

If i remember right, he sees a pic of that soundy thing when you're a lil baby thing.

He ends up in a mental institute and has a video of the day he is born... he locks himself in a room, starts watching and ends up in the womb and then strangles himself with the cord.

It fits really well with the whole story of his mum having lots of miscarraiges etc etc and the fact that if he goes back to the beginning and ends it before it all starts "she" will be ok and live a good life etc etc yadda yadda.

Most fitting ending really.

No... that's the director's cut version. The original theatrical version ending is the one where they meet on the street. God that's awfull.

Oh I see... I have only ever watched it on my DVD so I assumed the suicide version was the cinema version. :)

I just watched this on channel 4. It was amazing!! Everything about it was good, the acting, the effects, the story, the idea and the ending.

Its one of the best movies I've ever seen. I heard theres a straight to DVD sequal thats shite so I wont bother watching that because I don't want to ruin this movie.

Anyone else see it?

Yes, fantastic film, it really blew me away when I first saw it.