NEurope
pedrocasilva

Rumor Control - IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat

I swear that's just an educated guess, they're letting on more than they know. Pit was in Brawl so they make the assumption there's a new Kid Icarus game, which is fairly likely. Same for Pikmin.

If they said there was definetly a new Starfox or something then I'd half believe they know what they're talking about.

I totally agree with this.

Who doesn't? I find it mind-numbingly stupifying that the N64 had more "mature" content than the Wii, even though the ol' 64 wastn't the rave the Wii turned out to be...

Slow day in the N-E forums?

It's been a slow year, if you ask me...

On a side note: anyone remember how when EA acquired Bioware and Pandemic, there was some mention of the latter devoting time to the Wii? Anyone? Going once? Twice?

High Voltage’s The Conduit:

-Ign has largest Nintendo Fanbase out there, the Dev was immediately contacted from publishers and developers right after the reveal.

Thats nice.

Im finding it a bit hard to believe those why say crap sells on Xbox360.

Who doesn't? I find it mind-numbingly stupifying that the N64 had more "mature" content than the Wii, even though the ol' 64 wastn't the rave the Wii turned out to be...

That has absolutely nothing to do with why I agree. I agree because the Wii is, from the 3 main consoles this gen, the easiest and cheapest to develop and provides with great tools for small devs to go wild. WiiWare already helps patch that, but still. I don't give a rat's ass about that "mature" content stuff, it's pointless. A fun game is a fun game, mature or not.

It's not like Nintendo hasn't been publishing games, specially in the west, that would never see the light of day if it wasn't for them, but I'd like to see a more pro-active initiative on that front.

That has absolutely nothing to do with why I agree. I agree because the Wii is, from the 3 main consoles this gen, the easiest and cheapest to develop and provides with great tools for small devs to go wild. WiiWare already helps patch that, but still. I don't give a rat's ass about that "mature" content stuff, it's pointless. A fun game is a fun game, mature or not.

It's not like Nintendo hasn't been publishing games, specially in the west, that would never see the light of day if it wasn't for them, but I'd like to see a more pro-active initiative on that front.

I know what you're saying, and I agree (a fun game is a fun game). But you do see that when it comes to games featuring content that doesn't specifically cater to every gamer's needs, the Wii is falling behind the N64 as of now.

Q: Guitar Hero 4 News?

A: Activision CEO cited that Guitar Hero 4 will use other instruments. He mentioned singing, but they think it may go further. Rock Band wasn’t the Guitar Hero killer everyone thought it was going to be, they think the brand name is just so strong. It was an eventually though.

A microphone/wireless headset so that you could sing, or a pedal for effects would be awesome, but anything else would kill the Guitar Hero name.

Yeah a fun game is a fun game wether it has mature content or not but a lot of developers don't even consider the Wii for mature games. This tendency is starting to annoy me a bit and Nintendo is not really working against that image.

Reaching out to casual gamers is a good think to expand the market but to be honest I don't see any good in it for me. Sony and MS do a lot for their core fans - getting exclusive deals and selling consoles for a lower price. Nintendo does nothing for me except the few first party games I really like.

Average review scores of Wii games would be pretty bad with out Nintendo games in it.

Let's not exagerate of course most Wii games aren't "mature", since it's supposed to be catering for old people and youngsters, but there's godfather, scarface, redsteel, mortal kombat, medal of honor, call of duty, manhunt, obscure, alone in the dark, baroque, no more heroes, etc...

Did you not get the usual slew of nintendo core games, because they're reaching out to the casual crowd? That's bs, we get the same core games as before (at least from nintendo) and we're getting plenty of good games, I agree that there are lots of 3rd parties that make games with mature content that dont make those for Wii, but it has nothing to do with the content and as far as Nintendo goes, they're doing what they always did and more. What they need to do is to aproach the devs that aren't releasing on Wii, mature or not.

And who the hell cares about average review scores, are you solitanze? It's not all sunshine and rainbows, but blowing things out of proportions and putting nostalgia glasses on, like everything was much better before is ridiculous. Every console that comes out from Nintendo is the same thing. "N64 sucks, SNES was much better." "GC sucks, N64 was awesome", "Wii sucks, GC was much better." Always funny when you bring up the price factor too.

Prepares for comments saying something about being fanboy and defending Nintendo despite bringin up completely reasonable points

Let's not exagerate of course most Wii games aren't "mature", since it's supposed to be catering for old people and youngsters, but there's godfather, scarface, redsteel, mortal kombat, medal of honor, call of duty, manhunt, obscure, alone in the dark, baroque, no more heroes, etc...

Prepares for comments saying something about being fanboy and defending Nintendo despite bringin up completely reasonable points

Some of those mature games are really unispiring in that some are ports that didn't interest me the first time round (godfather, scareface, mortal kombat(?)) while others are just plain turd looking (obscure, manhunt).

IMO Wii > GC. Fresh gaming experiences for all and return to form for some franchises (mario sunshine and mario kart DD are royally superceded by the wii incarnations). Thing is we are talking about which is better when the console has just started its reign at the top, which should be noted, is something the last two gens of consoles never achieved despite their library of games. Give it some time and we shall probably see the games that will entice wii gamers.

Actually Godfather and Scarface are very good. Don't know about MK, heard it was nice, but no idea :P

Actually Godfather and Scarface are very good. Don't know about MK, heard it was nice, but no idea :P

Scarface is a maybe if I am really desperate but godfather...nah. And when i go for fighter's I go for the cream of the crop, the real good technical stuff like Virtua Fighter 5

I'm not saying it's the best fighting game ever lol

However, saying that Godfather, Scarface and Manhunt are uninspired crap is plain and simply wrong. No use beating the bush around it, maybe you look at it and see ps2 graphics and go "meh, rush port", but the fact is, they did a great job with the Wii controls, the games really feel unlike anything else. They're not "ZOMG MUST BUY", but they're much better than a lot of games most people considering a worthy purschase on other consoles.

Obscure is crap though :P

I'm not saying it's the best fighting game ever lol

However, saying that Godfather, Scarface and Manhunt are uninspired crap is plain and simply wrong. No use beating the bush around it, maybe you look at it and see ps2 graphics and go "meh, rush port", but the fact is, they did a great job with the Wii controls, the games really feel unlike anything else. They're not "ZOMG MUST BUY", but they're much better than a lot of games most people considering a worthy purschase on other consoles.

Obscure is crap though :P

Nah it wasnt the PS2 graphics that put me off (apart from manhunt 2), but in godfather, I read somewhere that the cars were REALLY slow. Although that may have been another mafia game set in the same period. And then I tend to hate games with weapons which are not modern, for example WWII games. Gun games for me need to be modern or futuristic. Plus they are the type of games I probably wont finish. San Andreas I didn't finish because towards the end, it became more of a chore than fun.

Oh and they really dont stand up to the games I am playing now, or plan to complete sometime soon like Jet Set Radio Future (loving the music), KOTOR, (got an xbox when it was in its deathroes), Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Mario Kart and Pro Evo. Bah I have way more to play than these but these are on my immediate to do list.

Nah it wasnt the PS2 graphics that put me off (apart from manhunt 2), but in godfather, I read somewhere that the cars were REALLY slow. Although that may have been another mafia game set in the same period. And then I tend to hate games with weapons which are not modern, for example WWII games. Gun games for me need to be modern or futuristic. Plus they are the type of games I probably wont finish. San Andreas I didn't finish because towards the end, it became more of a chore than fun.

Oh and they really dont stand up to the games I am playing now, or plan to complete sometime soon like Jet Set Radio Future (loving the music), KOTOR, (got an xbox when it was in its deathroes), Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Mario Kart and Pro Evo. Bah I have way more to play than these but these are on my immediate to do list.

I think your thinking of a game called Mafia, in that the cars were slowish and you could get pulled over for speeding too. Which kinda got annoying when you were just trying to get somewhere.

But Godfather is very good, and has brilliant motion controls, which becomes apparant pretty much straight after you've strangled someone with the remote and nunchuck.

And in my opinion it had some features that improved on the GTA formula, like having checkpoints mid mission so if you died or failed your didn't have to end up back at a hospital. And being able to call your driver from a payphone to have him drop you off at a safe house near to where you want to go.

I agree that nintendo need to get out there to drum up some more devs to make some Wii games, but I can see why they might be a bit weary of doing that as the last time we heard about them doing that, we ended up with the Manhunt 2 fiasco.

I think your thinking of a game called Mafia, in that the cars were slowish and you could get pulled over for speeding too. Which kinda got annoying when you were just trying to get somewhere.

But Godfather is very good, and has brilliant motion controls, which becomes apparant pretty much straight after you've strangled someone with the remote and nunchuck.

And in my opinion it had some features that improved on the GTA formula, like having checkpoints mid mission so if you died or failed your didn't have to end up back at a hospital. And being able to call your driver from a payphone to have him drop you off at a safe house near to where you want to go.

I agree that nintendo need to get out there to drum up some more devs to make some Wii games, but I can see why they might be a bit weary of doing that as the last time we heard about them doing that, we ended up with the Manhunt 2 fiasco.

Would have been nice if these games saw some proper advertising, although I can see Nintendo having a problem with admitting that the wii controls mimic killing motions in some of their games.

What I find funny is that in games the concept of Mature these days is running around like a maniatic fool killing innocent civilians with tommy guns. The games aren't always striving for it, but it defies realism.

Mario is a more mature game if you think about buying a game for fun times.

And yes, GTA can be fun too, just saying.

I really liked Godfather and Scarface but I already played them on the PC - if both would have been earlier games on the Wii I would got them for the Wii. My problem is if I like a game I buy:

- the superior version

- the cheaper version

- the version which arrives earlier

Those qualities don't fit very often on mature Wii games. Maybe an unfair comparsion but as a consumer with a limited budget who wants to play a lot of games I have to carefully select.

"- the superior version

- the cheaper version

- the version which arrives earlier"

but one of these doesn't mean the others oO That really is a senseless post lol.

"- the superior version

- the cheaper version

- the version which arrives earlier"

but one of these doesn't mean the others oO That really is a senseless post lol.

As long as one point fits I am happy - Wii games normally don't fullfill any of the above things mentioned.

As long as one point fits I am happy - Wii games normally don't fullfill any of the above things mentioned.

To me Scarface, Godfather and Manhunt are totally the superior versions.

That's a very poor troll post though, considering that Wii doesn't get that many multiplatform titles of interest, it's completly moot point.

Scarface, Godfather:

Earlier on PC, cheaper on PC, better looking on every system except PS2... that is a fact not a troll post. The problem is that often developers make a game and then port it after a while for the Wii - game is still good but a lot of people already own it and unless it is a lot cheaper the majority won't buy it again. Keyboard and mouse still own the Wiimote in every shooting game so far.

I really try to buy a lot of third party Wii games and I do have a lot of them but often the Wii version is inferior when it comes to graphics, release and such stuff...

Because developers don't really support the Wii - they make money with its popularity. Why else is nearly every port for Wii based on the PS2 version? This is partly Nintendos fault because as long as they earn money they seem only to care about the quality of their games.

MS and Sony don't have such great and appealing first party games like Nintendo does but they have a pretty strong third party team supporting them with new IPs and those developers also invest in the consoles. 50 million for one PS3 game is no problem for Ubisoft and for the Wii they make 500 100.000$ Wii games. That is something Nintendo could change but they don't want to. So I buy Wii first party titles, a few third party Wii games and the rest I spend on the quality games on other systems.

But superior on the Wii.

If you're happy with any of those points you made, it's a ridiculous view towards gaming, not to mention completly nonsensical. A choice should be made considering all factors, not because it was launched earlier. I'm waiting for Mass Efect on the PC, for example, to see which version is better. I'm not simply going to take the plunge on the 360 version because it was launched first, because if the PC version is superior, then I'll be stuck with the worse version. How will your theory apply then? Of course, that if you already have a game, buying it again usually doesn't justify it, I'm not arguing with that, what I'm saying is that, if you don't have the game, and all the versions are out you should buy the one that's better, unless there's a huge price difference that doesn't justify it.

What you say about 3rd parties is incredibly wrong. While it's true that most 3rd party games are VERY poor efforts, it has nothing to do with Nintendo. Well, it has in the sense that Wii is weaker hardware-wise, but devs do it, because since PS2 still sells, they just do a game that can be launched on both, thus optimizing profit and cutting losses. Even if their games are shit and only sell a little, they most likely make money.

Which, of course is crap, but this has nothing to do with Nintendo, they can't force developers on what and how to invest. Of course they can moneyhat companies like MS does, but that's just wrong. Let's see how Tales of Vesperia will work out for Namco. PS3 and 360 have better 3rd party support, precisely because 1st party games are generally weaker, it's logical. Most of these new IPs, are just new at that: property. The games are mostly the same as they ever were, but that's another discussion.

3rd parties like to use the old excuse that "we can't compete with Nintendo games", well, make good games, it's that simple. Red Steel sold well, so did RE4, RE:UC, Zack & Wiki (games don't need to sell millions to be a success, Capcom said Z&W sold more than they were expecting)

Blaming Nintendo for the quality of 3rd party games is, and I'm sorry and I don't want to insult you, dumb. How the hell can Nintendo influence 3rd party development? Also, let's not forget that Wii games take much less money and budgets can't be compared and Red Steel at least had a big budget.

It is quite obvious that Ubisoft plans to make shitty party games on the Wii (although I liked RRR1 and Red Steel) to make money to invest on ps360 titles, but that's their policy, not Nintendo's. Ubisoft made 217 million euros from games like Assassin's Creed and 230 million euro from "casual games".

This will only change, when someone takes a stance and I believe it is happening gradually, if it'll change enough or not, I dunno, but I have more good games in the Wii than I ever had for any other console in the same amount of time and for the games that I can't get on Wii, I have a PC and 360, it's that simple.

As I said before all aspects (quality, release date and price) come into consideration. Just because I can get the PS2 version of Scarface a week earlier doesn't mean I will get it for the PS2. I am talking abount months and longer - Scarface was released on the PC a long time ago and months later I can buy nearly the same version (but censored) for the same price on the Wii.

It is partially Nintendos fault - they can decide which games they accept and there used to be a Seal of Quality - not quantity like nowadays. Every successfull console has those but on the other said they also have a lot of good third party games which the Wii clearly has not at the moment. Nintendo knows that but don't care they make a fortune with DS and Wii consoles because they don't support the hardware with money like Sony or MS do - so they don't really have to care about that.

The Wii right now is overpriced and the attach rate is not as good as on 360 or PS3 even though they don't sell millions of consoles each day. Why? Because casual gamers are happy with Wii Sports and a few other games. But continue like that and you don't sell much games because gamers will switch to get a broader variety again.

Nintendo makes more money than every and you tell me they can't do anything about high quality third party games? How about investing money ... oh wait why should they - casual gamers are happy so why change anything.

It is Gamecube all over again only that Nintendo is now more successfull - but as a so called hardcore gamer I don't see any advantage for me...