N-Europe

N-Europe chat discussion (plus full IRC guide.)

Shorty

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on the matter (not that any of you will care): firstly, the N-E staff should have said on here that the admins on the IRC channel are all old-timers who are much less liberal with the rules compared to on here. They should also have pointed out that it wasn't (according to the old-timers) affiliated with N-E in anyway other than that many users of one use the other.

The admins on the channel should probably have given Fresh a more formal warning. I think that is part of the reason why he is so 'upset'.

This was in my original post from the start:

General tips on use of irc:

The people with @ before their names are ops, or Operators. These people aren't the forum staff, they aren't even necessarily site staff. They're people that have been in charge of that room longer than I've been alive for. If you piss about too much, they can kick you and ban you from the room. And don't beg to get opped. That'll probably get you removed too.

The room has it's own rules and faq typed by the audacious Schpickles. Give it a read: http://www.schpickles.co.uk/ce/FAQ.htm

Personally I think that was enough. The link is there, it also appears as soon as you connect to the room.

I'm going to be honest here, I never liked the way the room was run.

The ops can do whatever they like, its their patch of webspace. If you want an irc room thats not run however the ops like, your only chance is to make your own. To be honest I agree that the ops are elitist. They like to kick people just to look funny to the other people in the room. I myself have been kicked a few times. Particle_Man nearly kickbanned me for calling him old. If it helps, just remind yourself that its only a chat room. Last time I was kicked by Blackbird I just didn't even care enough to rejoin. Elitist they may be, but its an elitism based around how cool people think they are for running a chat room. Who's the loser here, really?

But theres still some good discussions that go on there, its nice to have several people from N-E chatting about something at once. Fresh I never once saw you say anything normal while you were in there or contribute to a discussion, you just kept cracking 'jokes' and blowing your own horn. To me the best part of the room is to have a dynamic chat with everyone here :) Its like the MPotD thread, but fastpaced and more responsive.

Hopefully you guys can resolve your differences and just go back to enjoying chatting.

To quote another channel i'm on

* Topic is 'Revol: if youve used IRC for longer than 20 minutes you'd realize that being kicked actually isnt a big fucking deal and is used as a joke'

I seriously doubt you were being kicked for serious reasons Shorty. You're a cool guy in IRC. I also doubt Peem was being serious in kickbanning you, because, well, he knows he's old O_o

I seriously doubt you were being kicked for serious reasons Shorty. You're a cool guy in IRC. I also doubt Peem was being serious in kickbanning you, because, well, he knows he's old O_o

Pretty obvious I wasn't going to kickban for something like that. :heh: I do however find it ironic that Shorty started a guide for a room he thinks is elitistic. ;)

And as Twozzok also stated in above post. Kicking is part of IRC :heh:

I do however find it ironic that Shorty started a guide for a room he thinks is elitistic. ;)
It was mostly to try and curb the general chat in that big fat thread into something more productive :heh: Plus, in all honesty I have fond memories of that room and it was a shame to see it quiet.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...