NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Conor_NE

Funeral for a Friend - Belfast/Dublin

Anyone attend?

I was at both gigs - Mandella Hall in Belfast and the Ambassador Theatre in Dublin - and they were bloody amazing. Shouted back every line at them. Genuinely life-affirming. :)

Any fellow FFAFers on the boards at the gigs then? Peer

opinions would be welcome!

(first emo insult gets a ban ;))

Aw man!! FFaF?? I saw them when they supported 'tallica in the RDS a few years back and just lolled my way thru their set!

They're the Welsh fellas aren't they??

Hope you had a good time Conor ;)

*snigger*

Aren't they...aren't they Welsh? Welsh people with guitars eh? That just doesn't sit well with me.

Aye, they're as Welsh as they come actually!

Different strokes I guess, Conzer. I can't get excited about Metallica to be honest.

Ah Conor, just pulling your leg mate. I know what it's like to get to see your fave band play :)

Good to hear you enjoyed yourself!

Was it your first time in the Ambassador?

Aren't they...aren't they Welsh? Welsh people with guitars eh? That just doesn't sit well with me.

Guess you don't like Stereophonics (who've depressingly gone downhill) or Manic Street Preachers either then. :sad:

Only heard Into Oblivion by FFaF which is pretty good, I guess I'll listen to some of their earlier stuff now.

It was - only my second time in Dublin shockingly (first was obviously the Wii event at the RDS, good times eh?). It's a really good venue, much better than the previous night's (the Mandella Hall is in our union, it is literally just a hall). And they had popcorn for sale! I was getting shocking love in the crowd with my 'corn, randomers kept asking for some. :)

We weren't sure where the Ambassador was, ended up strolling up O'Connell Street alcohol still in hand, singing FFAF and getting tourist pictures. Got a few "bloody northerners" looks lol.

Quality times. :)

Only heard Into Oblivion by FFaF which is pretty good, I guess I'll listen to some of their earlier stuff now.

Oblivion is pretty excellent, it's similar to some tunes from their second album, 'Hours'. Songs earlier than that are much harder (and probably better).

Conor recommends:

This Year's Most Open Heartbreak

She Drove Me To Daytime TV

Streetcar

Red Is The New Black

The Art of American Football

*looks at lostprophets and then at kids in glass houses*

take it back =( also the concert sounds like a blast! dya mosh?

Ah yes the Wii event! Think I remember bumping into you.

Haha well once you hit O'Connell St tis fairly hard to miss the Ambassador! It's a savage venue though, amazing how close you can get to the band aswell.

they aint bad I got their first album, but never picked up their second, jsut listening to their third one atm :)

the single off it is pretty good

Think I've spent a couple of minutes by a stage at T in the Park when they've been playing, but never paid too much attention to them :p

*looks at lostprophets and then at kids in glass houses*

take it back =( also the concert sounds like a blast! dya mosh?

Ok...I'm not going to derail this thread, and so will post something positive:

I really like Last Train Home by Lost Prophets...it's the only good song to ever come out of Wales :heh:

I love the Lost Prophets' latest album. Delightfully poppy.

I did a bit of moshing, but I usually leave it to the professionals.* Preferred to jump and sing with my friends.

*except when I saw Enter Shikari, when it was pretty much demanded. :)

I love the Lost Prophets' latest album. Delightfully poppy.

I did a bit of moshing, but I usually leave it to the professionals.* Preferred to jump and sing with my friends.

*except when I saw Enter Shikari, when it was pretty much demanded. :)

awesome dood! when i saw enter shikari at give it a name this year, i was in the pits throughout their songs =D so enter shikari were supporting right? who else was supporting?

They weren't supporting actually, I caught Shikari a few months back in my union (Mandella again). The pits is essential for the Shikari spirit. Replicate the video for Sorry You're Not A Winner. :)

Supporting last night were Delamore, who were pretty decent, and The Haunts, who were alright... but we were wishing them off the stage to get FFAF on.

Recent gigs include Alexisonfire, any fans about?

:blank: *looks over at his guitar*

i like FFaF last album *HOURS*

but there new single oblivion is TERRIBLE :shakehead there new album has 1-2 good songs and thats it

im sick of this whole emo generalisation now its got old ages ago

*oh you like FFAF..there emo*....so?

You should check out Casually Dressed and Deeps in Conversation if you haven't already BeerMonkey, and grab some songs from their EP online.

And yeah, the whole 'emo' thing is really old these days. The word doesn't mean anything any more.

FFaF are awesome, I was going to go to the London gig, but decided against it. The first album is brilliant, Bend your arms to look like wings and Escape artists never die, are two awesome songs. The second album was ok, Streetcar is quality, the third album though I'm disappointed with. I don't listen to it much, hopefully it will grow on me.

FFaF are awesome, I was going to go to the London gig, but decided against it. The first album is brilliant, Bend your arms to look like wings and Escape artists never die, are two awesome songs. The second album was ok, Streetcar is quality, the third album though I'm disappointed with. I don't listen to it much, hopefully it will grow on me.

Escape Artists Never Die and Streetcar were the encore songs last night! The band left the stage, and the lights went dark... people were waiting about for something to happen. We had been at the belfast gig the night before, so we knew what was coming.... once the ringing of the Streetcar track started the place went mental. :D

edit: why on earth would you decide against going to a FFAF gig?

Haha, Conzer can't talk, he listens to Vengaboys :heh:

Hey! Vengaboys RULE

:love:

Escape Artists Never Die and Streetcar were the encore songs last night! The band left the stage, and the lights went dark... people were waiting about for something to happen. We had been at the belfast gig the night before, so we knew what was coming.... once the ringing of the Streetcar track started the place went mental. :D

edit: why on earth would you decide against going to a FFAF gig?

I'm wondering that now myself. I think it was because my brother couldn't go, and I couldn't find anyone to go with me. Which is a shame becuase it sounds like it was an awesome gig.

The new album is disgracefully poor. Older stuff is amazing though.

This Year's Most Open Heartbreak

She Drove Me To Daytime TV

Streetcar

Red Is The New Black

The Art of American Football

How can you recommend FFaF songs and leave out Bend Your Arms and Roses for the Dead?

Sign in to follow this