N-Europe

Favourite Album (56k Warning)

Portlett

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donno, they've always seemed a bit too pedestrian and self indulgent for me. Kinda boring. They're not bad by any means though. It's just one of those things o_0.

Fair enough, I can easily see why. Their earlier albums seem less pedestrian but at the same time not very focused. I will say that I find the drumming in the songs to be quite poor at times and I think in the Autobiography I read by Nick Mason, he admitted to not playing some of the parts on the 1987 album A Momentary Lapse Of Reason himself :blank: Oh well.

Donno, they've always seemed a bit too pedestrian and self indulgent for me. Kinda boring. They're not bad by any means though. It's just one of those things o_0.

Take a listen to Dark Side Of The Moon or Wish You Were Here. Listen to one of those albums at once. You won't be able to say you don't like them anymore.

Some interesting stuff on here, must say Mr Bananagrabber I love War of The Worlds. Ooooooohhh LAAAAaaaaa! Superb :D

Slightly different to most of the stuff listed on here but my favourite album has to be

Faithless_Reverence_Irreverence.jpg

I could listen to it every day and never get tired of it!

Well in my opinion Black Holes and Revelations is about on a par with Showbiz. Origin Of Symmetry and Absolution are (I think anyway) far, far better albums than Black Holes...get them both now!!

I can see why you think that, Black Holes is quite different from the rest. Much less 'heavy' (except Assassin of course) and has a wider variety of sounds (trumpet solo anyone?). Origin and Absolution are still amazing though.

I can see why you think that, Black Holes is quite different from the rest. Much less 'heavy' (except Assassin of course) and has a wider variety of sounds (trumpet solo anyone?). Origin and Absolution are still amazing though.

I think you're actually the first person I've come across who prefers Black Holes, what do you like more about it? It's not that I prefer heavier stuff just Black Holes seems.....I don't know actually :heh: Having said that Take a Bow is one of my favourite songs ever :)