N-Europe

The American Xbox Live Marketplace

Ant-Shimmin

Just created an account to check it out, and it is so much more better then the European One in terms of content and eye candy.

I mean from Demos, to Movies and TV shows, they certainly have everything their, and compared to the UK market place it looks like nothing more than A shoddy MS Beta.

I wouldn't mind if we had an alternative but we don't and they offer very little explination to it.

From the Diamond Card to other little perks they offer to U.S Residents they have the best of the best.

They keep on saying it's about laws, but why aren't they doing anything about it?

We are getting nothing for when we pay more...

Disgraceful

A lot of the blame lies with the TV/movie publishers as well. Itunes still hasn't got downloadable video content either and that has been available in the states for much longer. The problem is that the main broadcasters pay huge sums of money to obtain right to broadcast american shows exclusively on their station, if MS started selling these shows via Xbox it would probably breech one contract or another.

My guess is, now that the region locking is in place on the marketplace and Video on Demand is slowly taking off on other services such as Virgin Media on 4od we should see some content soon. If we haven't seen anything by Autumn this year I'll start getting worried.

What's the diamond card?

I set up an American and Japanese account last week using the hotmail trick. Downloaded Trusty Bell demo off the Japanese one, and Aegis Wing and some free picture packs and themes off the American one. Theirs is so much better than ours.

What's the diamond card?

Basically an Xbox Live Credit Card where you get money off in games stores in America, our equivalent to Game and Gamestation, among many food chains as well.

This resulted in many perks and other luxuries..

Oh and Heres another thing they get, now surely this can be given to us

Wikipedia reference-linkhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Rewards

Fucking Hell didn't know that was about

I got myself an american account the other day to get the Borat pics and themes. They're so much better than anything we have on our marketplace and they are free.

That Xbox Rewards things looks awesome, I don't see why we shouldn't have that aswell, I might send off an email although I doubt it'd do any good. Maybe we should set up and online petition and send it off to Edge and IGN UK :p

A lot of the blame lies with the TV/movie publishers as well. Itunes still hasn't got downloadable video content either and that has been available in the states for much longer. The problem is that the main broadcasters pay huge sums of money to obtain right to broadcast american shows exclusively on their station, if MS started selling these shows via Xbox it would probably breech one contract or another.

My guess is, now that the region locking is in place on the marketplace and Video on Demand is slowly taking off on other services such as Virgin Media on 4od we should see some content soon. If we haven't seen anything by Autumn this year I'll start getting worried.

I think the problem with TV shows on places like the Marketplace and iTunes in the UK is (I believe I've heard anyway) that obviously in America its easier. NBC makes Scrubs so iTunes do a deal with NBC. In the UK its less easy. NBC makes Scrubs and sell it to 4 and Paramount and Sky and show it on their own station (abc1, same company). Thus the legal rights and who should get paid is a bit more tricky. While you could say "Oh just pay NBC, they make it." The other channels (4, Paramount and Sky) may kick up a fuss because they may lose out on viewers. And their lawyers would probably find some legal reason why NBC can't and they'd be a whole mess.

What did you lot put as the zip code?

I just stuck a random address in that I pulled off google, e.g

Gallogly Auditing & Consulting, LLC

323 East Concord Street, Orlando, FL 32801-1311

Think I just put all the numbers in for the zip code, or maybe just the first 5 ::shrug: