NEurope
Konfucius

Spartan Total Warrior - any good?

I'm considering buying Spartan Total Warrior and wanted to ask if anyone already played it and how it is like, because I read some mixed reviews and now I'm not sure if I want to spend much money for an "average" game.

I expect it to be a hack and slay with only a few moves to learn and a fast pace, not too difficult and with enough story that it keeps me going.

Just something where I can watch how nice I kill hundreds of enemies without worrying too much about health and that I can just shut down my brain.

I played it for a bit, and I found it quite a bore. I never find those kinda games exciting though...

i didn't know what to expect at first but it's better than average it's very good once you play it for a while. Hack and slash doesn't work well you will have to block, dodge and shield barge tons of enemies on screen plus you have special powers which does help but you can only use it when a you fill up a meter bar and you can only use it once that is full.

Will this game be absolutely awesome now that I have a warcry to shout at the tv?

This is basically 300-the game, only with Romans (billions of them) and Jason & The Argonauts style skeletons and mythical creatures. Remember the bit in 300 where the camera follows the king as periodically goes into slow motion in a combo strike fashion? That's almost exactly what the fight system in this game is like. There are couple of dull levels, but nothing bad enough to stop you enjoying the rest of it. It's not clever, but certainly big and entertaining.

This is basically 300-the game, only with Romans (billions of them) and Jason & The Argonauts style skeletons and mythical creatures. Remember the bit in 300 where the camera follows the king as periodically goes into slow motion in a combo strike fashion? That's almost exactly what the fight system in this game is like. There are couple of dull levels, but nothing bad enough to stop you enjoying the rest of it. It's not clever, but certainly big and entertaining.

I was gonna say that. I thought this game looked good, but maybe repetitive.

I really like this game. I have always loved pure action hack n slash games, and Spartan is a great action game.

The campaign is good and the story is interesting. I didn't find it repetitive, as the levels and enemies are quite different from each others. The gameplay is good and the number of enemies on-screen is amazing.

And besides the campaign mode, there's a great Arena Mode with high scores.

I personally recommend it, specially if you can find it at a bargain price.