NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jordan

Lost Planet DX10 kills my frame rate...

Welcome to the land of Direct X 10, Lost Planet PC demo came out and killed my machine.

Everything maxed out, but shadows which are on medium.

lostplanetkillsmycomputah3.jpg

Is that good or a bad that it killed your machine?

I am sadly not a owner of a DirectX 10 card I believe. I don't know maybe I do. Its a ATI X1800XT 512mb.

I am sadly not a owner of a DirectX 10 card I believe. I don't know maybe I do. Its a ATI X1800XT 512mb.

Nop.

That pic doesn't look impressive, and who the fuck do they expect to sell the game too?!

That's a really bad screen you took there Jordan. I've downloaded the DX9 version, and have been running it on a Pentium [email protected], 2GB Ram, and a 7600GT. Video settings are at 1280x800, full texture detail, full HDR, and it's playable.

On the benchmarking thing was getting about 25fps average, but that was with HDR on low. Great demo, and the game looks stunning.

There are no DitectX 10 ATI Cards out yet. I think ATI DX10-compatable cards will all have "HD" in their name.

There are no DitectX 10 ATI Cards out yet.

Yes there are. Have been out now for a week or so.

Yes there are. Have been out now for a week or so.

OK, until 2 days ago (In the UK) there weren't any.

Admittedly, thats a pretty bad screenshot... but there was alot going on. :)

I dunno, maybe theres still alot of proformance left in the 8800 for this kinda thing, we're still on early and kinda shit drivers. So we shall see.

Yeah i blame it on the drivers.

Where did you get the DL form Jordan?

I get a error when i try to install.

When you install, or when you run the game?

For some reason, the game thinks all my DirextX dlls are missing (currently downloading/installing them)...other DirectX 9 games work fine.

edit: I could cope with a little slowdown, if it didn't stop the game every time it happened. Ah well...my system ain't good enough for it.

For some reason, the game thinks all my DirextX dlls are missing (currently downloading/installing them)...other DirectX 9 games work fine.

I had one missing dll, http://www.m3fe.com/content/d3dx/ <-- there's more info. And the dll's for those who have the problem.

edit: I could cope with a little slowdown, if it didn't stop the game every time it happened. Ah well...my system ain't good enough for it.

Install.______________

OK, until 2 days ago (In the UK) there weren't any.

Sorry, my mistake.

Been playing the demo for the last hour or so, and it's damn excellent, and how a PC demo should be made. Definitely enough in it as well to keep you occupied for a while.

Game visually is amazing as well. Loving the explosions, the snow, and all that motion blur. I had a little go on it months back on the 360 and thought highly of it then.

So are we all touting this as the most demanding PC game currently out there then?

Sorry, my mistake.

Been playing the demo for the last hour or so, and it's damn excellent, and how a PC demo should be made. Definitely enough in it as well to keep you occupied for a while.

Game visually is amazing as well. Loving the explosions, the snow, and all that motion blur. I had a little go on it months back on the 360 and thought highly of it then.

So are we all touting this as the most demanding PC game currently out there then?

What specs and version are you running?

And yeah, it is the most demanding PC game ever made, i think.

For now.

It's annoying that it pauses the game if the framerate drops below a certain level. I can cope with the framerare, dammit!

What specs and version are you running?

And yeah, it is the most demanding PC game ever made, i think.

Like I said before, I'm currently running it on a Pentium D @ 2.6, 2GB Ram @667, and a 7600GT. Will prob overclock to 3.6 this evening and see if it changes anything framerate wise.

The game runs fine when I drop some of the settings down, but when they are nearer the higher end I get a lot of stuttering.

I've decided to wait out for quad cores to come down in September, and the next line of DX10 cards to come out at the mo.

The effects look nice(very nice actually), but the buildings aren't that great. Managed to get around ~30fps average on the performance test with everything high except hdr which was low and shadow resolution was medium because it wouldn't go higher. 2xAA and 8xAF 1024*768

But it's a console port so I'm not expecting it to be optimised for pc.

For some reason, my computer refuses to run it. It say's that my graphics card uses an unsupported version of the Pixel Shader 2.0 (I have a Radeon 9600, btw (Yes, it sucks)).

For some reason, my computer refuses to run it. It say's that my graphics card uses an unsupported version of the Pixel Shader 2.0 (I have a Radeon 9600, btw (Yes, it sucks)).

Your graphics card needs to be able to run Pixel Shader 3.0

Your graphics card needs to be able to run Pixel Shader 3.0
Strange. The warning it gives me mentions nothing about Pixel Shader 3.0, and on the Wikipedia, it says that Lost Planet only needs Pixel Shader 2.0.

Strange. The warning it gives me mentions nothing about Pixel Shader 3.0, and on the Wikipedia, it says that Lost Planet only needs Pixel Shader 2.0.

Ah. sorry. Perhaps its an older version of PS 2 that you have?

Sign in to follow this