NEurope
Cube

Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon

TGS2007 Trailer:

-> http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25541.html

->

:D

Interview:

Adam Riley: First of all, could you please introduce yourself and explain what your role is on this project?

Yuki Yokoyama: I'm Yuki Yokoyama, and I served as producer on Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales. I will also be the producer for Chocobo's Dungeon: Toki-Wasure no Meikyu, which was announced in May for the Nintendo Wii.

(...)

AR: Are we likely to see more ‘Final Fantasy Fables’ in the future – either on Wii and/or DS?

YY: I can't comment too much on that now, but if anything develops, I'll let you know!

AR: Regarding the Wii, what are your thoughts about it so far? And how does it compare to the competition?

YY: From a developer's point of view, the Wii's controller represents quite a challenge. Creating a game that utilises swinging or pointing of the controller isn't a problem, but it's difficult to decide how a more traditional type of game should be developed for the system. That is where it becomes challenging.

As for how the Wii stacks up to its two competitors, the system's concrete concept and enticing price tag make it quite formidable. I believe it will continue to lead the competition.

AR: Hiromichi Tanaka told Cubed³ previously that Square Enix was discussing the issue of Friends Codes for online play with Nintendo. Has any progress been made on this subject to allow Square Enix to use the Wi-Fi service in the best possible way (for games like FFXI)?

YY: No comment.

AR: There seems to be some confusion regarding Square Enix games on Virtual Console. The impression people have is that none of the old Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy games will appear on the download service. But with Actraiser already available, will other non-FF or non-DQ games appear?

YY: No comment.

Source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/8767/1/Square_Enix_Talks_Chocobo_on_Nintendo_DS,_Wii_&_Online

Scans: (famitsu)

33v0wwkgb7.jpg

29oiannog5.jpg

14w66aalh7.jpg

2d8m6onzy4.jpg

click to enlarge [1] [2] [3] [4]

Happy this game will be coming out on Wii look at it this way; atleast with this game and Crystal Chronicles 2 we are seeing more Square backing for a Nintendo console for over 10 years!

With that said, whats with all these Wii rpg games looking like Harvest Moon? Might get sick of that style if so many start using it.

This game looks like it could be a lot of fun, and it looks good too. There's a high chance I'm getting it, if it's released in PAL lands.

A blue haired maid and what's probably a mayor with a generic-like-hell mayor look? This feels more and more like an instant purchase game to me.

A blue haired maid and what's probably a mayor with a generic-like-hell mayor look? This feels more and more like an instant purchase game to me.
Indeed, I'm actually sad that not many people seem to be interested in this one. I'm actually really excited about it.

more images:

59261520071102_132716_0_big.jpg

59261520071102_132717_1_big.jpg

59261520071102_132717_2_big.jpg

59261520071102_132719_3_big.jpg

59261520071102_132719_4_big.jpg

1_1.jpg

2.jpg

c01.jpg

c02.jpg

c05.jpg

c06.jpg

3.jpg

By the way, is there going to be any voice acting in this game? I can't look at the trailers at the moment, so an answer would be nice.

By the way, is there going to be any voice acting in this game? I can't look at the trailers at the moment, so an answer would be nice.
hmmm, I can't say, really... you hear the characters talking in the latest trailer, but you don't see stuff like lip syncing going on, they're just spoken lines running with the trailer music, so although that's unusual to do there's no proof they are in the game. Even in the pics most of the cutscenes seem to have dialog bubles in zelda'ish form, not in the type of regular subtitles; so... I really dunno.

So, I "think" there will be voice acting, yes (since they recorded them) but... I'll bet Chocobo is the silent type. :p

Let's hope the dub doesn't make it too childish too, and perhaps, beg for them to leave the japanese vocals as a option.

EDIT1: Oh, just remembered, there will be voice acting in the game, since it was publicized that the game had one sung music in it, and that the female singer took part in the game's dub, as a character.

EDIT2: Scans:

592615200711051646480bimi5.jpg

592615200711051646522biqf4.jpg

592615200711051646583bicj4.jpg

592615200711051647044bixj8.jpg

592615200711051647085biza3.jpg

click to enlarge [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

I'm interested in it, but I wish it didn't look that cute. Controlling Red Chocobo from FFXII in a killing mood would be more fun.

Tne dark chocobo reminds me of shadow the hedgehog =/ Anyways game looks good! Should not be surprised but I am! Really do want.

Dear god how the hell did the manged to make the bird this cute??

This game looks freaking awesome and the plot sounds ok but what is the odds of playing this game 2 or 3 times, well there is this job system but what else?

and are there any ratings from Japan ?

I want to like this game, i really do but the generic random dungeon thing just kills it for me.

Same with Baroque (Atlus, i know).

When will S-E quit dicking around and give us a full-fledged Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior:heh:

Surely if the DS can get DQ9.....

are there any ratings from Japan ?
Famitsu review:

Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon - 8/8/9/8 - 33/40

From Kotaku

Square Enix announced today that it would be bringing Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon exclusively to the Wii on July 8. Cost to you? Only $39.99! The action-RPG features the previously feathered designs of Toshiyuki Itahana and, based on the trailer for the Japanese version, will be so horrifically adorable that you'll want to rip your face off just like that guy did in Poltergeist after he ate that maggot-y chicken leg.

This is great news as I was quite looking forward this dugeon crawler. Its looking good for an Europen release if the yanks are getting it and even if it doesnt make it to these shores at least we have the Freeloader now :)

Nice to see S-E giving us Euro peeps this quirky little title.

London (27th June 2008) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces FINAL FANTASY® FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon®, featuring a loveable cast of Chocobo and his friends, will be available exclusively on the Wii™ across Europe and PAL territories in Autumn 2008.

From playing the likes of Shiren The Wanderer on DS (and Izuna and to a certain extent, Orcs & Elves) I find myself wanting Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon. I think I can definitely get past the cutesy Chocobo exterior and get some enjoyment from its randomised, roguelike goodness.

Graphics-wise...

"Sure, this is the Wii but Square-Enix have accomplished much more on the Playstation 2"

Well said I say. You've got to wonder why production values for the Wii are always so below par. Its getting annoying.

Gametrailers have their review up. I'm not sure what to think as its pretty negative!

Story: 7.2

Design: 6.2

Gameplay: 6.8

Presentation: 6.9

Overall: 6.7

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38039.html

Do expect anything else from a review of a dungeon crawler by Gamerankings and Gamespot?

I'm not worried... this is one I want to read from user in forums... not reviews. Such as Mistery Dungeon, I'm looking forward to it :)