N-Europe

Official Wii LAN Adapter - 27th April

Cube

Tell me, if I were to install a wired network card into my computer (since I have a router which connects to my computer, but refuses to connect to my Wii), would it still work or not?

You might get away with it, just have to set the PC to share its internet connection.

It might be worth checking out some networking sites to see if you can set your PC up to dynamically give your Wii an IP Address. I'm not sure if it will work with a fixed IP, it might do though.

Only problem with that is the same as the wireless dongle's, you'll need to have your PC on when you want to get online with the Wii.

What's the length of the cable on it?

Its very short, about 20cm.

I'll probably pick this up when some decent online games are released, don't see the point until then.

I know what you mean, I only bought it because Mario Soccer is on the way and I was sick of having to sort the dongle out everytime I wanted to buy a VC game.

Hmmm, I was hoping it'd be a little longer! Ah well, it'll do, I'll get getting a 360 for myself in a month now my bro has moved out and taken his (a truly sad day)!

The ethernet cable with that is long enough to make up for the length on the Wii adapter!

So, what are the advantages, if any, of the official cable over the Datel one?

Not sure really. I always buy official stuff like memory cards pads etc so I went for this one. Besides, the official one is only a few quid more than the Datel one on Play.com.

Not sure really. I always buy official stuff like memory cards pads etc so I went for this one. Besides, the official one is only a few quid more than the Datel one on Play.com.

A few quid is a few quid though, and money is tight at the moment.