NEurope
mcj metroid

what the hell is going on?

the wii has been out for a short time but already there have been so very many mistakes. We are now experience the games drought that killed the gamecube and n64 .the only decent games this year are wario ware,godfather and sonic....NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

With the playstation 3 launched in europe what did nintendo have to compete,waiting for blazing angels? Nothing in fact. Nintendo should be released a new mario or metroid RIGHT NOW! This is perfect timing.

then i find out there is a good chance the wii will use friend codes according to a confirmation by someone at nintendo(which of course doesn't confirm much). friend codes? hahaha i think you know the drill there i don't have to rant about that.

NIntendo should act as a leader right now. If nintendo is going to release a million mini game combos then the third party is going to say'' if nintendo are doing it fuck it we'll do it too''. thus we have rayman,monkey ball,parts of sonic,wario ware,wii play and the upcoming mario prty 8(worst timing ever)

Also and this occurs for the ds as well. NIntendo should be pushing the graphics. i'll admit they have't released any game that's bad looking but as i said games like mario and metroid are needed so badly.

Point is i am very very pissed off. Do i have a point or am i talking shit?

Spot on, absolutely spot on. Not only is the Wii graphically underpowered, and we have to put up with 'friends codes' but at the most crucial time the release schedule is utter rubbish.

Ok but that was last gen smart ass. We have moved on from then. On-line is bigger and more popular. It's not casual yet but this gen it will be i believe. I didn't mean it would fail anyway i just as i paul said meant that they won't become the best

Online is going to become a bigger and bigger part of gaming. Nintendo should seize upo this and give the best service.

yeah sure nintendo found out a week ago that ps3 is launching. Sure why not

Get a sense of humor "smart ass".

Get a sense of humor "smart ass".

no i think under that ''humour'' you were trying to make a point

First up, you're absolutely right on the Wii presentation. It's a near miss in nearly every aspect and it seems to fail to get things spot on with too little content and too few features, especially in the online area.

The software problem is blatently wrong however. There are loads of good games coming out now; there isn't a classic among those titles, but it's spring, and the recent games available outshine many lineups the GameCube had. Just because Nintendo hasn't got any top titles out recently doesn't mean there's a games drought. Maybe it's hard for a Nintendo fan to realise, but third parties usually make games too, and they did a good job in the last few months.

Also, Super Paper Mario is out soon, so even Nintendo isn't sitting on their arses.

no i think under that ''humour'' you were trying to make a point

No shit sherlock.

and your point was full of shit

If you say so, you are the master and I shall obey.

If you say so, you are the master and I shall obey.

good as long as we agree on that:)

As always the same people swoop in to mindlessly pretend that the Wii release schedule has been chock full of great releases and the system's catalogue is full of great titles. Since Zelda I don't think the UK had seen one AAA release, other than VC titles.

As always the same people swoop in to mindlessly pretend that the Wii release schedule has been chock full of great releases and the system's catalogue is full of great titles. Since Zelda I don't think the UK had seen one AAA release, other than VC titles.

Who the hell has said that the Wii release schedule has been full of AAA titles?! I've said, and a few others have said that there has been a few good games, in months that are usually quiet (after christmas and the launch of a new console).

SSX, Eledees, Pokemon, Mario, Metroid, Mario Footie, BWii, Metal Slug etc etc etc

This year.

There is no droubt atm either: Sonic, SSX, Metal Slug (Fri) blah blah.

SSX, Eledees, Pokemon, Mario, Metroid, Mario Footie, BWii, Metal Slug etc etc etc

This year.

There is no droubt atm either: Sonic, SSX, Metal Slug (Fri) blah blah.

No, this year there might be Metroid, Mario and BWii. I certainly wouldn't describe any of the other games in that list as AAA titles, especially not Sonic.

There's a difference between a good game and an AAA game. A game doesn't have to be AAA to be worth playing.

There's lots of good games out now. There are no AAA titles on the Wii or any platform at the moment - it's Spring.

@Zechs - I wasn't talking about AAA/S rank games... I was talking about the lack of a game DROUGHT.

And in relation to your other post. A console doesn't even have that many real AAA titles in its liftime and your expecting one 3-6 months after Zelda???

i think a lot of you are missing the point. We need games to show off the wii's hardware and to make people think''hey i better get a wii for this game'' i seriously doubt people are going to say that for eledees.. A game that is arguably even good,metal slug is also on psp and has retro graphics.SSX has recycled tracks from previous games. These are good games but not good enough. The wii is competing with the ps3 with these games don't you see the problem

i think a lot of you are missing the point. We need games to show off the wii's hardware and to make people think''hey i better get a wii for this game'' i seriously doubt people are going to say that for eledees.. A game that is arguably even good,metal slug is also on psp and has retro graphics.SSX has recycled tracks from previous games. These are good games but not good enough. The wii is competing with the ps3 with these games don't you see the problem

Wii Sports, Zelda, Wario Ware, Excite Truck are all good examples. Eledees is such a game as well, likeable for a broad audience.

Also, I don't see why you're bringing up the PS3 all the time. If one console is suffering from lack of good exclusive titles, then that's the console.

Well, I think we need a good show piece game too. I think we need more software that makes the Wii stand out. But the need for a AAA title at the same time the PS3 launched was something I thought was pretty obvious.

There's no point releasing a system seller right now.

Why?

Because there's no systems to sell. I actually think holding back the release of some of the bigger titles is better for the long-run. What's the point in releasing an uber title during the PS3's launch if people rush out to buy a system that isn't available. Keep hold of your aces.

There's no point releasing a system seller right now.

Why?

Because there's no systems to sell. I actually think holding back the release of some of the bigger titles is better for the long-run. What's the point in releasing an uber title during the PS3's launch if people rush out to buy a system that isn't available. Keep hold of your aces.

Exactly. As long as there is a good number of good games then Nintendo are ok.

"Im not God I can't change the stars"

Think about it.

Now matter how much you think you know better, you want something to happen or you believe something to be the right course of action you have absolutely no control over what Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft or anyone does so sitting here and moaning about it is just as pointless as the Olsen twins

As always the same people moan about Wii. It's as simple as that. Don't think you are superior just because you're not defending Nintendo and don't seem like a fanboy. Anyway, I'm out it's useless arguing with you guys. Your loss though I gave 250€ for something I'm loving and you you 250€ for something you bash all the time.

"Im not God I can't change the stars"

Think about it.

Now matter how much you think you know better, you want something to happen or you believe something to be the right course of action you have absolutely no control over what Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft or anyone does so sitting here and moaning about it is just as pointless as the Olsen twins

It's what makes life so worthwhile, though. If the world was perfect and we had nothing to moan about, I'd be bored shitless.

It's always exciting being a Nintendo fan, haha. We live on the edge. From the awesome highs to the "f^$_ you, Nintendo" lows. It's definitely interesting.

As always the same people moan about Wii. It's as simple as that. Don't think you are superior just because you're not defending Nintendo and don't seem like a fanboy. Anyway, I'm out it's useless arguing with you guys. Your loss though I gave 250€ for something I'm loving and you you 250€ for something you bash all the time.

Exactly. People who are bashing the Wii always think that they're opinion matters more and that anyone enjoying it is just a fanboy.

There are far too many gamers out there who basically demand the impossible.

Sure they want PS3 graphics, but they don't to pay more then a couple of hundred quid for it, and every week must have at least ONE "killer app", the kind of entirely exclusive killer app that shatters planets with it's incredible graphics, physics and humongous life span. For £20.

There's a difference between a good game and an AAA game. A game doesn't have to be AAA to be worth playing.

There's lots of good games out now. There are no AAA titles on the Wii or any platform at the moment - it's Spring.

And WHAT planet are you living on? There are already better titles available on the PS3 than the mediocre titles on the Wii.

Cant wait for PS3 to price drop and get Wii like controllers.