N-Europe

Square Enix looking to bring an online title to Wii

spirited away

Nono, I didn't mean techical barrier. I meant barrier for the users. The Friend Codes make it less attractive to play online, especially for the Wii's main audience.

We need a goddamn hub! where all out codes go in!

Come on the Hub Channel!

The only thing is Nintendo probably don't have the infrastructure or expertise (yet) to set up and maintain a giant server to store all the codes one. I'm just guessing, but that might explain why games each have an individual code, making the whole thing self contained between users without the need for a central network.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo decide to overhaul the whole system in a couple of years. They're probably planning it all now.

We need a goddamn hub! where all out codes go in!

Come on the Hub Channel!

Yeah, we need support in games to send eachother Friend Codes easily. You should be able to Wiimail each other the Friend Codes from the games themselves, and be able to add Friend Codes automatically from Wiimail, and be able to manage all the codes from a Channel.

Then it wouldn't be that bad. And it's quite doable, too.

Yeah, we need support in games to send eachother Friend Codes easily. You should be able to Wiimail each other the Friend Codes from the games themselves, and be able to add Friend Codes automatically from Wiimail, and be able to manage all the codes from a Channel.

Then it wouldn't be that bad. And it's quite doable, too.

yeah true, I'd like that, cos then at the end of the day you would only have to add the wii system code by hand, and the rest could be sent as messages and then just have an add game friend code button.

of course preferable to all of this would be my idea of a firmware update for address books that I posted another thread. but hey

friend code system > nothing at all

is the view I've been taking the last couple of days.

friend code system > nothing at all

To me the fact that Nintendo did only marginally better than "nothing at all" is really annoying. A company like Nintendo must be able to do better than that.

This basically sums it up:

ign-toons-level-59-20070323063530794-000.jpg