NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

This..is..SPARTA!! [300]

OMG! I just saw this
and thought "I WANT THAT SONG!!". Would you be so kind to rapidshare it with us! Please!

FROSTING!!!

just got back from seeing 300, i thought it was a good film, well its good if you like violence and watching good battles. Will definately buy this whenever it comes onto dvd.

"Our bees shall blot out the sun" "Then we shall hug in the shade"

That trailer is hilarious.

i ahve some questions regarding the movie.

apparently its a true story?

did the persians cross breed goats with humans to make goat/human species? did they remove the meat of the hands of their excicutioner so he huses his bones to behead people?

why wernt the "immortals" japanees samurie? or ninjas?

did the persians cross breed goats with humans to make goat/human species? did they remove the meat of the hands of their excicutioner so he huses his bones to behead people?

It is based on real events, being 300 Spartans holding of the Persian invasion although the estimated number of Persians ranges from around 100,000 to 1,000,000. The Persians didn't breed goats and humans...as far as I am aware. The sword for arms person really annoyed me in the film...I doubt it was real since those wounds would probably have been infected, plus how does he enjoy his own company...if you know what I mean!:heh:

Herodotus mentions a Persian elite corps which he calls the Ten Thousand or the Athanatoi, the 'Immortals'. I'm not aware of any samurai or ninja of the same name.

Historicaly this event is called Battle of Thermopylae. Wikipedia has a good page on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

The movie is vaguely based on the event but the whole movie is told as a story to inspire the legion for combat as is shown in the end of the movie si things being extreme are there for a reason

Also the goat/human thing could be a guy wearing severed limbs of a goat

Thought this movie was fantastic but as with every film it had its let downs.

I think that the script could have been a LOT better and that it was very generic. Usually that would completely ruin the atmosphere of a movie for me but the cinematography is SO good that it completely saved it. It's a very small scene but when Leonidus is climbing up the mountain to the oracle, I thought was brilliant. That and the scene when the two Spartans are fighting back to back.

The way to think of 300 is as a folk-lore retelling of the battle of Thermoplae. Its a case of what sounds more impressive? Fighting a million men or fighting a million monsters?

The guy with the knife arms, the rino, the immortals, Xerxes' voice its all done to make the Persians seem more scary, playing up the courage of the 300 and inspiring the greek army to hold strong at Plataea

In history the 'immortals' didnt look or fight anything like they did in 300. The name 'immortal' came from the fact that they were elite persian guard and they always numbered 10,000. If a man died or seriously injured then he was replaced immediately by someone new.

The whole unit was made up of Persian citizens (nobody from conquered territory) They fought with short-spear and a compound bow and wore light armour (no masks).

I have watched it twice. Mainly because i sort of promised to see it with two lots of people (ooh, get me, arent i popular).

Review:

I thought, it was very good both times.

Sign in to follow this