NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

The Wire

Venting a little frustration here, but i'm getting really annoyed by the wire between Remote and Nunchuk. Its not been a problem until i started playing SSX - while attempting to pull off Uber's, the wire is flying around like a demented bat, wrapping itself over the remote, catching under my knee. Surely, I can't be playing SSX with that much zealous? Anyone else finding this a problem?

I wound it with Rayman when you have to move the wiimote and nunchuck up and down quickly to run, i found the wire to hit me in the face rather alot.

In Red Steel i hit myself in the top of my head and my hand a lot doing that double handed swiping down thing.

Made my hand go red and sore for 3 days.

In Red Steel i hit myself in the top of my head and my hand a lot doing that double handed swiping down thing.

Made my hand go red and sore for 3 days.

There's an obvious joke here, that I won't be making :laughing:

wii sp will have wireless nunchunk, rechargeable wii mote and dvd player..

I think a third party might also do a wireless nunchnunk too..

I swear in 24 months time there will be a mass failure of all wired nunchinks due to wear and tear.

problem with a wireless one is you won't be able to have 4 players all using them at the same time, because you can't have that many bluetooth devices connected..but guess that wouldn't be a problem could always have a mix of wired and unwired...

I'm ok with mine. Not had any real problems. I think I'd feel weird with a wireless one, like detatched.

I'm ok with mine. Not had any real problems. I think I'd feel weird with a wireless one, like detatched.

i know what you mean. The wire keeps the motion infront of your body.

Wireless = dislocated shoulder

wii sp will have wireless nunchunk, rechargeable wii mote and dvd player..

I think a third party might also do a wireless nunchnunk too..

I swear in 24 months time there will be a mass failure of all wired nunchinks due to wear and tear.

And another pair of batteries for no obvious reason? The cable never troubled me in the first place, but I don't see how they could include a battery in the thing without making it look totally ridiculous. And the Wii is not programmed to receive signals from the Nunchuk itself, so the Wiimote would need an attachment translating the wireless signal into the needed electricity shocks. It will drain your battery. Extensively.

problem with a wireless one is you won't be able to have 4 players all using them at the same time, because you can't have that many bluetooth devices connected..but guess that wouldn't be a problem could always have a mix of wired and unwired...

You would be able to connect that many Bluetooth devices. The only point is, only the Wiimote can interact with the Wii, so you get the nunchuk on a different datalayer.

Can't say i have ever had this problem. Think it may have got in the way slightly when playing on red steel but it never really bothered me. It would sound to complicated to have a wireless nunchuk surley? As like said above, it would need to have batteries in, which of course would need to make the nunchuk bigger....

There's an obvious joke here, that I won't be making :laughing:

Your hand goes red and sore when you wank?

I just wish games like wii boxing had the option to use two wii motes instead of a nunchunk

The thing is, Nintendo's 4 player games are usually half arsed. Mario Kart, Mario Party, F-Zero are all massacred when playing 4player. Why not keep it a two player machine.

The thing is, Nintendo's 4 player games are usually half arsed. Mario Kart, Mario Party, F-Zero are all massacred when playing 4player. Why not keep it a two player machine.

Sorry, I had to re-read that sentence a few times. Have to disagree with you there. The likes of mario kart, f zero and mario party are made for hardcore multiplayer. I cant imagine playing mario party with only one other person.:hmm:

Your hand goes red and sore when you wank?

Mine turns gold.

Anyway, I had the problem with Rayman. A game I see it being a real problem with a game with a concept like Wii health, where you'll want to be making quick movements and stretching (if the point of the game is to be fulfilled).

I think I feel the same way as you. Hmm, maybe we'll feel different if a wireless Nunchuk arrived?

When the Wiimote was first announced, I thought that the wire would be too short. I think the length is pretty ok, but it could be a bit shorter. Still though, it would make some gestures awkward if it were shorter, so I guess the length is right.

Sorry, I had to re-read that sentence a few times. Have to disagree with you there. The likes of mario kart, f zero and mario party are made for hardcore multiplayer. I cant imagine playing mario party with only one other person.:hmm:

Mario Party is a poor example. However, if you take the other games (and more) Nintendo consistently under develops the multiplayer options - where are the full GP races in Mario Kart or F-Zero?

Perfect Dark managed a great split screen multiplayer, with bots almost 10 years ago. I can't see why it can't be done today.

Mario Party is a poor example. However, if you take the other games (and more) Nintendo consistently under develops the multiplayer options - where are the full GP races in Mario Kart or F-Zero?

Perfect Dark managed a great split screen multiplayer, with bots almost 10 years ago. I can't see why it can't be done today.

Ahh, I get you. I thought you meant the multiplayer in general was poor, but you mean lack of modes. :)

I agree, we should have more multiplayer modes in Nintendo games. I want to see more multiplayer specific modes, too. Like, Mario Kart's battle mode. And what about a deathrace in multiplayer for f zero?

Generally speaking though, I do enjoy 4player games.

Same problem here - SSX and the Nunchuk wire is a marriage made in hell - the only other time this has bothered me was when I was over zealous in Wii Boxing.

Sign in to follow this