NEurope
shade

Rumour: Hard Drive for Wii

Does the headset have two earpieces. in the pic it had only one, but haveing only one can really damage your hearing.

Does the headset have two earpieces. in the pic it had only one, but haveing only one can really damage your hearing.

yeah its only one like you see in the picture.

ds_headset2.jpg

bit of better pic of it plugged into DS.

Hmm that is very dissappointing , and I am supprised that Nintendo did that seeing as they are being all safety orientated with the friends codes and what not. I wont be getting that , for the sake of my hearing.

What the fuck?

No , sorry, when i was talking about saftey i was talking about the safety of your hearing. I'm fairly sure that call centres used to have their people with only one earpieced headsets, but that was damaging their hearing so now they all have to wear 2 piece headsets.

What the fuck?

Because you will be hearing normally though the earthat is uncovered , meaning you turn up the volume alot more then you normally would to try and compensate, when compared to a hweadset that covers both ears.

the wii needs to go ahead and release a hard drive, without a doubt... a graphics update wud be nice too, like they did with the n64

Are there any such expantion slots as there were on teh N64?

Because you will be hearing normally though the earthat is uncovered , meaning you turn up the volume alot more then you normally would to try and compensate, when compared to a hweadset that covers both ears.

If you're concerned, why not get an earplug then? I've never turned something up when I start listening with one ear.

I still hate the idea of using a headset. It just seems so primitive, it's uncomfortable, and I really don't get that much enjoyment from it all. Voice chat may be great, but I don't think it's for me.

It adds so much to the gaming expeariance. I agree with though it will quite likely be uncomfortable, but if they make a headset that is not then it will be great. Have you ever played BattleField with a full squad of people speaking using headsets?? It is so much better then playing when no one is talking , so much so that frequantly I will not bother playing unless some of my buddies are online.

It adds so much to the gaming expeariance. I agree with though it will quite likely be uncomfortable, but if they make a headset that is not then it will be great. Have you ever played BattleField with a full squad of people speaking using headsets?? It is so much better then playing when no one is talking , so much so that frequantly I will not bother playing unless some of my buddies are online.

It does add to the experience, but I don't really find it as enjoyable as others do. I'm the silent type, haha.

Yeah me too. But tactically teh mic helps alot.

If it were a tactics game, like Battlefield or Batallion Wars, yeah I wouldn't really mind using it. As long as it has some kind of purpose, really or adds to the gameplay. Not too bothered that voice chat is going to be in the next pokemon, for example (DS).

ha they deny harddrive did they? Well excuse me if i don't believe the same reps that said wii was region free and that there was no remake of the ds on the works

No , sorry, when i was talking about saftey i was talking about the safety of your hearing. I'm fairly sure that call centres used to have their people with only one earpieced headsets, but that was damaging their hearing so now they all have to wear 2 piece headsets.

Thats like saying turning up your stereo player will damage your hearing. Plus if it was safety related why to nearly all blue tooth headsets only have one hear piece- especially those designed for hands free.

Thats like saying turning up your stereo player will damage your hearing. Plus if it was safety related why to nearly all blue tooth headsets only have one hear piece- especially those designed for hands free.

It will , if you turn it up too much.

With the handsfree thing , it might be because the driver has to be able to hear whats going on around the car.

It will , if you turn it up too much.

With the handsfree thing , it might be because the driver has to be able to hear whats going on around the car.

Cant see it being a problem.

With it only being only mono it is obviously only designed as a comms device. It would irritate the piss out of me not having access to full blown stereo ingame as it would many others.

Put it this way, people have had telephones for decades and that hasnt really caused problems.