NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl - March 23rd

After countless delays, and a long wait since 2001, this game is finally almost upon us. Anyone else really looking forward to this as much as me? I personally can't wait, I love FPS' with huge exploration like this. It's going to be a really good game at the very least imo.

For those of you that don't know anything about this, here's a synopsis for you:

"On the afternoon of April 12 in 2006, a massive explosion shattered the Chernobyl area. The Zone, as the area got to be known, was characterized by anomalous energy disturbances, rendering even the most advanced form of protective suits worthless to would be rescue teams. Months passed and nothing could be done. The military quarantined the area to prevent unauthorized entry and perhaps even reassure the local populace that the area was under control and confinement.

Almost 4 years after the initial event, expeditions can now safely traverse several kilometers deep into the Zone. Among these are the Stalkers, poachers that enter the zone searching for artifacts and anomalous formations that are highly sought after by certain organizations and groups.

The player controls a Stalker, venturing into the Zone in order to acquire information, technology and artifacts to sell and possibly put a mysterious puzzle together. Avoiding the dangers within and the military because as a Stalker you are effectively a thief, and the army that has quarantined the area, don't take kindly to trespassers."

# Gigantic game world of the Zone of 30 square kilometers

# Free non-linear exploration with vast outdoor and indoor areas

# Constantly changing world of the Zone and unique life simulation system

# Unique types of weapons and enemy impact: gravitational weapons, psychotropic weapons, telekinesis, telepathy, taking under control

# About 30 types of weapons with weapon upgrades - optics or barrel-attached grenade launcher for your rifle to make it a super gun

# Strong non-linear story line with over 8 completely different endings

# Original creatures and their abilities: group intellect, telepathy, telekinesis with realistic communication with any sapient character

# Realistic AI and life simulation of game creatures and characters

# Trade of weapons, artifacts, equipment and control of vehicles

# Mind blowing graphics and weather effects powered by X-Ray engine

# Endless replay-ability owing to unique life simulation system

http://www.stalker-game.com/

I would get this if it didn't require a total beast of a PC to run, or if it was on the 360.

Looks good otherwise.

When I get my next PC, I may pick this up on the cheap (by then).

It really doesn't. From what i've played, its not that taxing.

Dom's 7800GT ran it maxed out at 1600X1200 6X FFAA. Problem is, it felt really 'light'. There was no weight to the shooting like HL2 has, i loved the slight lag you had in aiming on that.

It really doesn't. From what i've played, its not that taxing.

Dom's 7800GT ran it maxed out at 1600X1200 6X FFAA. Problem is, it felt really 'light'. There was no weight to the shooting like HL2 has, i loved the slight lag you had in aiming on that.

Hmm...I may pick it up...

Bare in mind my PC is fairly shite, though.

I would get this if it didn't require a total beast of a PC to run, or if it was on the 360.

Looks good otherwise.

When I get my next PC, I may pick this up on the cheap (by then).

Same sort of problem here, was really excited about this game for years and now i dont have a computer that can run it. So much for buying a 360 to fill the void left by PC Gaming, missed out on Medieval 2: Total War and now this :sad:

Guys, this really won't need a mega comp to run well. Here's some minimum system requirements I found:

* Windows ME, 2000, XP, 98

* 1.5 GB Pentium III processor

* 512 MB RAM

* DX 9.1 included; DX 8.1 compatible

* GF3 64 MB video

* DX 8.1-compatible sound card

Okay, so I doubt that they're that low, lol. Although they are probably close to what the minimum specs will be. After all, this game's been in development for ages, and earlier in development GSC Game World were aiming for different specs. It's deffo shipping with DX8 and 9 rendering modes at least. However, it is a massive 10GB install. :heh:

Guys, this really won't need a mega comp to run well. Here's some minimum system requirements I found:

Okay, so I doubt that they're that low, lol. Although they are probably close to what the minimum specs will be. After all, this game's been in development for ages, and earlier in development GSC Game World were aiming for different specs. It's deffo shipping with DX8 and 9 rendering modes at least. However, it is a massive 10GB install. :heh:

:awesome: If they're that low then i'll be a happy man. Only got a 64MB X700 + 512MB RAM :hmm:

:awesome: If they're that low then i'll be a happy man. Only got a 64MB X700 + 512MB RAM :hmm:

Jeeze, i'll be running that game on an 8800GTS with 2gb ram...

As Jordan said, the Multiplayer game ran fantastic on my rig on 1600 res full everything.

(CPU1) AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3800+ @ 2640MHz

(DFI Corp,LTD LP NF4 Series mainboard)

(RAM) 2GB,

(VGA1) NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT (256MB),

I never knew Dom was a computer person!

Yeah he sure is :)

Wasn't there going to be a console version too?

I'm sure I heard something about one a few years back.

Wasn't there going to be a console version too?

i think they canceled it, but it will be only a matter of time till it will be on the 360

Sign in to follow this