Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Tales of Symphonia Official Thread

Stocka

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That OVA was fantastic. The music and battle sequences and the introduction of Yuan where amazing.

The fights really got you in the mood aswell and was done brilliantly. Gonna re-watch this again soon. And while watching it i've realised Tales of Symphonia is probably my favorite game ever because no other game has blown me away as much as this one.

I'm up for one anytime actually :heh: Wonder when and who (apart from Mokong and myself) are up for it. There's plenty to talk about ToS and ToS 2 wise.

Saying that i'm starting the game again but dunno what to carry over just now. Probably just play time and tech uses since I want the total carried on (though I forgot to continue play time the first time I completed)

I think I'll leave the game running for a few nights so it will add on the 200 hours I lost when my memory card got wiped. I just watched OVA 4 and I like how they kept all of Kratos' cool lines like the Judgement incantation. Although I think that the Judgement Kratos suit looked a bit crap.

Although I think that the Judgement Kratos suit looked a bit crap.

I didn't even like it in the game. What would love to see would be if they recreated the formal dress dinner scene from the game in the OVA, just to see Sheena in her formal dress in full animated glory. I always have her wear that dress...:heart: i hope to get one made for my girlfriend one day:indeed:

Finally saw the 4th OVA.

Yuan's interaction with Lloyd's party makes much more sense in the OVA. Really, Yuan and Lloyd hating each other unconditionally was something that bugged me in the game.

So Lloyd's still ignorant about Yggdrasill. Interesting.

Sheena's appearance felt a bit rushed. I'd rather have her at the party in the battle against Remiel.

Speaking of which, at least they showed him dead, this time. In the game, I thought he was alive somewhere.

10.000 Gald? You'd think that was actually from the game...:heh:

Kratos Vs. Yuan = So awesome. :bowdown:

Tethe'Alla arc is going to be interesting. It has so many mundane plots (Pope, Regal) as opposed to the whole Cruxis ordeal. They can't skip the discrimination, or Regal's background.

Finally saw the 4th OVA.

Yuan's interaction with Lloyd's party makes much more sense in the OVA. Really, Yuan and Lloyd hating each other unconditionally was something that bugged me in the game.

So Lloyd's still ignorant about Yggdrasill. Interesting.

Sheena's appearance felt a bit rushed. I'd rather have her at the party in the battle against Remiel.

Speaking of which, at least they showed him dead, this time. In the game, I thought he was alive somewhere.

10.000 Gald? You'd think that was actually from the game...:heh:

Kratos Vs. Yuan = So awesome. :bowdown:

Tethe'Alla arc is going to be interesting. It has so many mundane plots (Pope, Regal) as opposed to the whole Cruxis ordeal. They can't skip the discrimination, or Regal's background.

You bring up some good points, going into Tethe'alla opens up even more story arcs than what was in Sylvarant, they have to cure Collette, the Pope's story and the racism issues, Zelos' story, Regal and Presea, Mithos, Cruxis, more seals to be broken, a trip back to Slyvarant and then back to Tethe'alla, Raine and Genis' twist, Sheena and her village...too many for just 4 more eps, oh what will happen?:shakehead

Maybe they'll be another 4 OVAs for Tethe'alla then another 4 for after they fire the Mana Cannon where it becomes climatic. I mean getting to Tethe'alla is below halfwy through the game. I doubt we're gonna see Sheena make all the pacts. Just Lloyd making his.

You bring up some good points, going into Tethe'alla opens up even more story arcs than what was in Sylvarant, they have to cure Collette, the Pope's story and the racism issues, Zelos' story, Regal and Presea, Mithos, Cruxis, more seals to be broken, a trip back to Slyvarant and then back to Tethe'alla, Raine and Genis' twist, Sheena and her village...too many for just 4 more eps, oh what will happen?:shakehead

"Não percam o próximo episódio porque nós também não!"

Sorry about that. It felt appropriate. :heh:

But I'm sure they'll skip something. I bet the next OVA starts with them already in Meltokio and they skip the whole trip to the Fooji Mountains. I think it's not too farfetched to think they arrive in Ozette at the end of the 5th episode.

By the way, when will the next OVA arrive? :wtf:

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watchin all 4 Tales of Phantasia OVA's pretty good, though wish i could play the game as i'm sure there was a lot of story and character interaction that was missing from the OVA. Pretty cool seeing things i recognized from ToS too. :D

Just finished watchin all 4 Tales of Phantasia OVA's pretty good, though wish i could play the game as i'm sure there was a lot of story and character interaction that was missing from the OVA. Pretty cool seeing things i recognized from ToS too. :D

You could probably get the GBA version off eBay. Its a crappy port though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!