NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

The Great N-E Fitness Fanatic's Guide To Fitness

People! I can't just watch this thread die..we NEED exercise!!

I started going to the gym about 2 1/2 weeks ago because I'm a student and I don't do any exercise anymore when I use to do loads. I have been every day, bar 3 or 4, and at the mo I'm just focusing on actually getting into the routine of going to the gym.

I just wanted to know from the other gymites, what is your motivation when going to the gym and what sort of exercises do you mainly do? Basically aerobic or anerobic?

People! I can't just watch this thread die..we NEED exercise!!

I started going to the gym about 2 1/2 weeks ago because I'm a student and I don't do any exercise anymore when I use to do loads. I have been every day, bar 3 or 4, and at the mo I'm just focusing on actually getting into the routine of going to the gym.

I just wanted to know from the other gymites, what is your motivation when going to the gym and what sort of exercises do you mainly do? Basically aerobic or anerobic?

I started going too since a couple of weeks, though I only go about two or three times a week (together with my mom and aunt XP ). The people at the gym set me up with a program I can follow to burn fat, work on my overall fitness level and do some powertraining (musclesssss).

Basically, I bike for about 25 minutes (the machines change the level according to my heartbeat), run (mix of running and walking, slowly building up to being able to run 30 minutes or something) and the rotex (not sure what you call it) for about only 10 minutes. After that it's powertraining, mostly to train my leg, stomach and back muscles.

Gonna go again tomorrow. My motivation is that it makes me feel good, the shower afterwards is great and I know it'll help to make me become a more healthy person. =D

Basically, I bike for about 25 minutes (the machines change the level according to my heartbeat), run (mix of running and walking, slowly building up to being able to run 30 minutes or something) and the rotex (not sure what you call it) for about only 10 minutes. After that it's powertraining, mostly to train my leg, stomach and back muscles.

Thats kinda what I do. I have to cycle to the gym anyway so that takes about 10 minutes and then I do another 10 minutes aerobic. I'm trying to work on using the rowing machiens bacause thats one of the things I am rubbish at. So after the first 20 mins I then concentrait on my muscles, or try to anyway. Atm I just trying to sort what weights I should use on what machien and trying to build the muscles in my arms because at the mo I couldn't bicep curl a kitten! I generally warm down by cycling home!

I don't really have any major motivation except for it makes me feel better and healthier. I love listening to my iPod while in the gym aswell!:heh:

mmm interesting thread.

Well I attend the gym three times a week, concentrating on strength and conditioning.

I've always had a high metabolism, so recently ive cut out all the running and cycling to concentrate on building mass, and so far its definitely working.

I also play football 2 times a week, and the muscle building has really improved my performance.

I also take Cyclone twice a day; a really effective, yet expensive protein shake. But if you want results fast, then its the way forward.

I go to the gym everyother day. I'm 16 and pretty short. I'm just wondering if this is ok?:

15mins on the ergo (rowing machines) on level 4.5 getting a split time of 2:26

15mins on the cycle machine going about 20 mph

I do a few weights inbetween those and afterwards. Ergos really nacker you out though.

Anyways, I also go cycling sometimes, not that far but the hills are quite big.

I'd like to go running which I will probably start doing at some point.

Is that any good?

Sign in to follow this