NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ZeldaFreak

JET programme anyone?

Hi I was wondering if anyone has applied to be on the JET programme if so how did you find it etc.

Just we received a talk at uni today about really considering it to get some key skills.

Nope, the only other person significantly interested is Dabookerman, and he's applying next year, so he hasn't done it yet.

Have a look at this though... :wink:

Yeah its basically after you have graduated from uni you can apply to go and help teach english to japanese kids in japan.

Nope, the only other person significantly interested is Dabookerman, and he's applying next year, so he hasn't done it yet.

Have a look at this though... :wink:

Do you have dabooker mans msn then you can pm me if ya want

I'm quite interested in it too, only I'm not sure yet, don't wanna rush into it and change my mind cos if you do you can't re apply for something silly like 8 years, so I think I'll get my degree first, then take a year out and maybe work or something, then apply for it. I don't know alot about it, except a teacher at my old school did it(i learnt a tiny bit of japanese in yr13, as a replacement for a period freed up by the fact we only did general studies to AS level) and she was really cool and said that the JET thing was really cool too, so I've been considering it ever since!

Fields, it's basically when you get a degree in anything(do BAs apply? Don't mean to offend any BAers, but I'm not sure) from a uni over here you can go to japan and help to teach english, get paid flight and paid for the work you're doing and I think they help with accomodation too and like take it out of your wages and stuff and you can even apply if you don't speak any japanese but need to show an interest in learning and in japan as a whole and stuff.

I'm quite interested in it too, only I'm not sure yet, don't wanna rush into it and change my mind cos if you do you can't re apply for something silly like 8 years, so I think I'll get my degree first, then take a year out and maybe work or something, then apply for it. I don't know alot about it, except a teacher at my old school did it(i learnt a tiny bit of japanese in yr13, as a replacement for a period freed up by the fact we only did general studies to AS level) and she was really cool and said that the JET thing was really cool too, so I've been considering it ever since!

Fields, it's basically when you get a degree in anything(do BAs apply? Don't mean to offend any BAers, but I'm not sure) from a uni over here you can go to japan and help to teach english, get paid flight and paid for the work you're doing and I think they help with accomodation too and like take it out of your wages and stuff and you can even apply if you don't speak any japanese but need to show an interest in learning and in japan as a whole and stuff.

Yeah they take anyone from any course to get balance - you just have to speak nice(Geordie goes to tokyo :laughing: )

Yeah they like anybody from different courses within a category say if you get a BA in English/Art/Music, and BSc in Computer Science,etc.. You get my drift you just need to show it in an interview plus you get after tax paid for £20k pa you can work for up to 5 years if you want out there. They pay for flights out and back from japan. They help you find accomadation and give you a suplement towards your accomadation.

Ah but you the jet program is where you actually work and you go to schools or work with japanese councils. With the daiwa foundation you have to organise a project. Plus on jet program you get £20k pa after taxes in japan. And learn stuff.

Hmm, I've been thinking about doing something like this after I graduate, will have to look into it. Thanks for the info.

I take it you graduate in 2009 then?

I believe he's already graduated.

I'm not a stalker...

Sign in to follow this