NEurope
Vaati

Gamestation pre-orders?

If I've posted this at the wrong bit then I'm sorry btw.

Basically three weeks or so ago I gave up going to the stores around my town centre trying to try my luck to get a Wii (at one point being half an hour away from getting one :( ) and decided to pre-order one from Gamestation meaning they'd phone me when they've got one for me. I understand about the obvious how hard it is for them to get them and everything but I still thought I'd surely have mine now, has anyone else done the same thing and waited so long?

Wii's are like gold dust, but best of luck getting one... i'm sure you'll love it when you do!

It might be worth trying an online retailer, or even a large supermarket - some people have had success with Tesco or ASDA.

Is it still really hard to find Wii's then? It's February, surely it's a lot easier than it was at launch?

Best bet is to just look anywhere and everywhere. Game, Gamestation, HMV, ASDA, online. It'll be tough going, but surely it's much easier to find somewhere with them now?

My neighbour(adult) is still trying hard to find one locally and is having no luck,he's desperate for one.

They're still going within an hour of shops opening everywhere, yeah! But as I said I stopped trying three weeks ago and payed £20 for a pre-order at Gamestation who said they'd contact me when they've got one for me yet. I just thought I would have got it by now. :wtf:

I thought you would of had it by now aswell,I thought they were trying to do weekly shipments in all territories now.

Hope you get one soon though,sucks waiting.

It's odd you haven't got it yet. Also, a bit crappy you have to wait. :(

Best thing I can suggest is going into your gamestation store and asking them directly. If there's a waiting list, ask where abouts you are on it, and how long you can expect to wait.

That what I thought was happening anyway! When I went in the day before and asked about it before coming back two days afterwards they said if I had ordered it that day they would have probably got one for me the next weekend!

Had no problems getting an N64 when it came out and only had to go in three times for a GC. Then again I've always wanted Nintendo to the big one in demand and this is what happens to me lol.

It's odd you haven't got it yet. Also, a bit crappy you have to wait. :(

Best thing I can suggest is going into your gamestation store and asking them directly. If there's a waiting list, ask where abouts you are on it, and how long you can expect to wait.

Been thinking about doing that but I'm too scared to do so :laughing: Might do it if I don't get it by Saturday though.

I did try a few weeks ago and placed an order at Play3K. I canceled because I realised I don't want a Wii until some games I want come out. I was buying a Wii to get a Wii. When you should buy a Wii to get Wii games.

The only game that I've seen that I really, really want is Zelda... and I keep thinking, "But I don't want to buy a Wii for a Gamecube game."

Don't get me wrong, I will buy a Wii because I know there are some games I really want that will come out.

Just checked and according to their website (which maybe I should have looked at first lol) they're not going to have anymore stock until March. :angry:

Just checked and according to their website (which maybe I should have looked at first lol) they're not going to have anymore stock until March. :angry:

Woah,that is a shame.You should really look in other shops and ask when they're getting stock in.

Until recently worked at HMV, and we were told by Nintendo that stock levels wouldn't be reaching anything like what you would deem a normal level until into March....

I'd say to try the lesser shops, places like asda and other supermarkets where you wouldn't normally go first for games.

Someone I know preordered one from gamestation a few weeks ago, and he got it on wednesday just gone or something, but I dunno if he had to keep going in and checking or if they actually did ring him.

It'll be tough going, but surely it's much easier to find somewhere with them now?

Pff doubtful. I hear "Got any Wiis?" about thirty times a day.

(And yet Nintendo were literally giving them away at the brits)

I hear "Got any Wiis?" about thirty times a day.
That's good news. :D

Mostly gamers or non-gamers asking? or there's no way to judge that?

Sorry for the question, I'm just wondering about what kind of public we're getting more.

Pff doubtful. I hear "Got any Wiis?" about thirty times a day.

(And yet Nintendo were literally giving them away at the brits)

Yeah, I noticed they were giving some away at the brits. Still, I would've thought stock wouldn't be a problem, it's been more than two months since launch. Good thing, I take it.

That's good news. :D

Mostly gamers or non-gamers asking? or there's no way to judge that?

Sorry for the question, I'm just wondering about what kind of public we're getting more.

I'll tell you what. I'll ask you the same question 2700 times then see if its still "a good thing" (yes, I did the math)

Its a pretty wide range. Some guy came in today asking for his mom who, judging from the person, must be at least 45.

Yeah, I noticed they were giving some away at the brits. Still, I would've thought stock wouldn't be a problem, it's been more than two months since launch. Good thing, I take it.

Apparently everyone who attended got one, and I think the number I read was 1,700.

This will carry on until at least next month, and then it will become PS3 until September time, then its stuff for Christmas. Urgh.

Apparently everyone who attended got one, and I think the number I read was 1,700.

Whoa, I did not know that. I thought they were giving them away as prizes or something. Like...one or two.

Whoa, I did not know that. I thought they were giving them away as prizes or something. Like...one or two.

At all awards shows celebrities get goody bags. My bad when I said everyone who went got one; everyone who presented an award and performed (and my guess got nominated) won all this: http://brits.co.uk/win/goodiebag/

(They got a Wii and a Lite, lucky them)

This will carry on until at least next month, and then it will become PS3 until September time, then its stuff for Christmas. Urgh.

Yeah, we at Gamestation are personally pretty annoyed that our company keeps making us take pre-orders for the Wii over 2 months after launch. We'd much rather just sell the things when they come into store (which has slowed down recently as others have said).

However, I disagree about your PS3 comment. Despite loads of people asking us about it for months I don't think we'll have reached anywhere near the number of pre-orders as we had for the Wii at launch by March 23rd. I think people are just really put off by the price, and also I suspect a lot of people assume they will be very hard to get and so we won't get them one for launch - fact is, the company are getting more PS3s for launch than they got Wiis, a lot more.

My manager is talking about making up a £425 Xbox 360 bundle with a bunch of games (maybe a HD-DVD drive) to offer around the PS3 launch just to wind up the Sony fanboys, sounds like a good laugh to me.