N-Europe

Widescreen help needed

Jordan88

As my 360 as broken I have now go to watch DVDs on my PC, but watching them on a widescreen TV obviously means I have black bars at the top and bottom. On the 360 it has a letterbox zoom which makes it fill the screen without cutting any off and is still great quality. So does any body know of any video playing software that has a letterbox zoom feature? As I can’t find any and have been looking for hours.

Thanks for any help.

How can you have black bars on top and bottom of the screen on a widescreen TV? That should happend if you watch 4:3 stuff on 16:9 tvs.

Because Films are generally wider than Widescreen TVs. However, the only way to get rid of them is by cutting the edges off, or distorting the image.

Because Films are generally wider than Widescreen TVs. However, the only way to get rid of them is by cutting the edges off, or distorting the image.

Yeah, a lot of films have a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. If you mess with the aspect ratio everything will look stupid.

I’ve sorted it now (thanks to Shorty for the VLC suggestion). I know you aren’t really supposed to mess around with the aspect ratio as it will usually make it look bad, but I am using 4:3 aspect ratio and cropping it to 16:9 and it looks rather good and doesn’t cut off any of the picture.

Thanks for the help.