NEurope
Triple_C

Why you hate GAME

Cheers Johelian, my mind gets muddled. Still, 30% is good.

I worked at Woolies for two years, and never had to take aptitude tests, why on earth you would need them anyway. Its all easy peasy work, weird. Then again my grammar and spelling is better that one of our previous managers, whose was appaling. Normally I don't mind but shesh woman, you're paid 40 grand a year and you can't spell fraudulent.

Cheers Johelian, my mind gets muddled. Still, 30% is good.

I worked at Woolies for two years, and never had to take aptitude tests, why on earth you would need them anyway. Its all easy peasy work, weird. Then again my grammar and spelling is better that one of our previous managers, whose was appaling. Normally I don't mind but shesh woman, you're paid 40 grand a year and you can't spell fraudulent.

I know - the place was filled with meatheads anyway in spite of all the tests! ;) I do seriously think it was because the store wasnt outfitted, and so they needed something to pass the time with until they could start us all filling the shelves and things.

I hated Woolworths; in our case anyway, the store was full of old lady busybodies that bitch and complain about everything and leave mess all over the stockroom. The only good thing that came out of it was my relationship with Ian - aww ;) In comparison, GAME was a lot of fun for the most part, although you quickly learn that HO bigwigs seems to have little to do with their time other than come up with pointless new "ideas", like changing a "Buy 3 for ?10" to a "Buy 2 (at ?4.99) get one Free" offer, and then changing it back the next week.

________

Buy cheap vaporizer

Edited by Johelian

I hated Woolworths; in our case anyway, the store was full of old lady busybodies that bitch and complain about everything and leave mess all over the stockroom. The only good thing that came out of it was my relationship with Ian - aww ;) In comparison, GAME was a lot of fun for the most part, although you quickly learn that HO bigwigs seems to have little to do with their time other than come up with pointless new "ideas", like changing a "Buy 3 for £10" to a "Buy 2 (at £4.99) get one Free" offer, and then changing it back the next week.

See our staff wasn't so gossipy, it was quite nice actually. The big gossip was gossiped of course, so when I trooped through there with police in tow oh boy was there gossip.

The woolies powers that be were also like that, at present I believe there to be a promo change every 2 weeks, even if its just adding/removing a few titles. Or changing "3 for 2" to 33% off (same offer in effect). Or the old classic Buy One Get Second Half Price on chart CDs. On for four weeks, off for four weeks, on for four weeks, off for four weeks. Each time stickering/destickering. Fun fun fun.

I've been working at the Luton branch of Game for over a year now and i'm now at the Middlesbrough branch as i'm at university. So far i've only encountered really nice staff who do look out for the consumers best interests. The main reason they can get a bit annoyed is because customers treat them like shit, it's not there fault Nintendo has no shelf space or that customers cant say please or thank you for a whole day (seriously it happened to me once). Plus the twats at head office make stupid decisions on a daily basis when a blind monkey with a cigar could make better decisions.

You also have to remember that high street shops cant compete with web prices since selling from the web is so much cheaper. On high street value with the price match and reward card scheme you can save quite a bit of cash from game.