NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CompSci

i need some help guys!

i brought a ps3 from eBay, now the seller is reputable and all that, he sent the item off now the thing is before he sent the item i told him to devalue the item to a reasonable amount so it avoid custom tax or that i will just have to pay a small amount of tax, now the item was purchased for $450 now the seller put as the down the value $39.99, this is far too low for a package that size, now can some please tell me if they base tax on the weight or the actual value of the item, also plz note i told the seller to package the item as a birthay present i.e wrapped upped and with a card, so the customs people will less likily look at it, this may help so its worth a try

this is getting me really worried that some customs officials will be knocking on my door with a summons for trying to fraud them

i have a excuse that the item was worth $399.99 but the seller mistakingly put down $39.99

so can someone please help?

Nah a package that size could be $39.99 it could be a broken monitor you want for spares or anything, i wouldnt worry.

VGP marked my PS3 as $20 and it was a pretty big box and heavy. No customs. DHL was used however.

It may be just luck, but i'm pretty sure if it's in a cardboard box and well secure and wrapped nothing should be opened and looked into. The only thing is the weight, which if it was sent by an airmail postal service may give you a slight charge but i can't be 100% sure.

I reckon you'll be fine. Don't worry too much. If you have tracking and it shows that it went through customs in a quick time (say 15 minutes) it'll be ok i reckon, although the Custom people are hit and miss with these type of things.

If you used DHL, i'm 95% confident you won't get customs however.

Sorry i couldn't be anymore help! and let me know what happens and if you need any help with your PS3 when you get it. : peace:

VGP marked my PS3 as $20 and it was a pretty big box and heavy. No customs. DHL was used however.

It may be just luck, but i'm pretty sure if it's in a cardboard box and well secure and wrapped nothing should be opened and looked into. The only thing is the weight, which if it was sent by an airmail postal service may give you a slight charge but i can't be 100% sure.

I reckon you'll be fine. Don't worry too much. If you have tracking and it shows that it went through customs in a quick time (say 15 minutes) it'll be ok i reckon, although the Custom people are hit and miss with these type of things.

If you used DHL, i'm 95% confident you won't get customs however.

Sorry i couldn't be anymore help! and let me know what happens and if you need any help with your PS3 when you get it. : peace:

thanks owen and caris

i feel abit better now

say you bought it for $39.99, contest or sum shit. And if not, blame it on the poster. Not your fault he marked it at 39.99 is it.

I'm pretty sure it's the sender that gets done for things like this, not the recipient.

Generally European customs don't have right to open any package, if they don't have reason to suspect it has blatantly incorrect price (i.e to evade taxes) or something illegal inside such as drugs. But if your package is taken to customs and there isn't anything that would prove product's real value, customs will determine product's real value by themselves. And they *always* overestimate price. And no, if your package is taken, you aren't blamed for fraud, but you are responsible to pay product's total VAT.

Sign in to follow this