NEurope
urso

do german versions of gc games have an english language option?

I notice amazon.de has gc twilight princess in stock- but is it only in german or can I play it in english?

well my copy also has the german "version".. and I very much doubt that they would release a whole "german only" version.. in france maybe

I think Zelda TP has all major european languages. After all it's only text so it doesn't take up lot's of space.

I have the german version of TP and I think I read somewhere that I could change it to English, French... I'm not 100% sure though.

It's cheaper to include all the different languages on one disk and press just that copy rather than to localise each disk then press the correct amounts for each region.

thanks for the replies- however, I asked a seller on ebay and they said its definitely german text only, so its not worth the risk, I think

thanks for the replies- however, I asked a seller on ebay and they said its definitely german text only, so its not worth the risk, I think

I'm currently at my student occupation but I'll be home on Friday.

Then I can test whether it supports English or not.

PM me in case I forget.

i have the resident evil 4 german version and that has english but obviously the default is german but ya it should

i have the resident evil 4 german version and that has english but obviously the default is german but ya it should

RE4 is only subtitled, it has the english voices in the german version as well.

(and I'm glad about that, usually the dubs are horrible).

Did you get the Austrian/Swiss Version or the actual german one without Assignment Ada?

@urso: had a look at the Zelda box and it explicitely states that it supports German, English and a few other languages.

Edit: the Wii Version that is, but I guess the GC Version should also have it

oh well, I just bought the american version from ebay, got it cheap as it had a damaged box. But at least anyone looking for TP now has a chance to get it from amazon.de

had a look at the Zelda box and it explicitely states that it supports German, English and a few other languages.

I noticed I was a little confused because I actually was referring to the Wii Version but I doubt they'd change the language options.

RE4 is only subtitled, it has the english voices in the german version as well.

(and I'm glad about that, usually the dubs are horrible).

Did you get the Austrian/Swiss Version or the actual german one without Assignment Ada?

without ada.I bought it off my german friend

Why does it come without ada? :(

Something to do with german video game laws. Which means:

- Assignment Ada is missing.

- Mercenaries is missing.

- The Chicago Typewriter and the Handcannon are not included.

Some people say that parts of the game are censored, too (i.e. less violence)

Speaking of game ratings...i thought that it was odd that RE4 is a 15.

Why does it come without ada? :(

The "USK" got a version of the game to rate which lacked Ada, Mercenaries etc. They were later added and the "USK" only found out about them, shortly before release, thought this act was illegal and didn't allow them to go on sale. So the publisher had to take them out and ship all the copies that featured it to Austria and Switzerland : peace:

Then most Germans imported the game from Austria. :D

You can change the language in Twilight Princess by changing the system language of your Gamecube. I.e. if you have your Cube set up in English, Twilight Princess will be in English.