NEurope
Stocka

Rocky Balboa

This time next week i'll be watching this: D One of my most wanted films to happen ever. The Rocky films are the most inspirational films i've ever experienced and i'm starting to get really excited now, despite how skeptical I was at first. People are saying it's the best since the original, and some say it's even better!

Official Site (trailer included):

http://www.mgm.com/rocky_balboa/

DF-02108_r3.jpg

:bouncy:

I dunno, seems kinda dull to me. Seen the trailers and it doesn't appeal.

I guess you need to be a fan of the series.

I really can't wait for this.

From the trailers, it looks like it's going right back to that Rocky 1 and 2 feel, which were my favourites in the series.

Sign of running out ideas the movie industry are... 60+ pensior stallone in this and Rambo, 60+ pensior in Indiana Jones movie...

I never really thought much of the Rocky films, Stalone is one of those actors that i just don't get

Sign of running out ideas the movie industry are... 60+ pensior stallone in this and Rambo, 60+ pensior in Indiana Jones movie...

Dont forget about Die Hard with a 52 year old Bruce Willis

Good man. I was going to create this next week but you beat me to it.

I just went through all 5 films last night and today and they still hype me up. I have stated that number 4 is my best many times and it still remains at the top for me. The music in it is so awesome it just makes you want to go running and do sit-ups etc.

There are some great moments in all of the films. Some of my favourites are when Adrian tells Rocky to do one thing for her...WIN! (Rocky 2 )

When Rocky cuts Drago and when Adrian shouts " Your gonna do it! " near the end ( Rocky 4 )

Finally one from Rocky 5..yes I know but hear me out. Its right at the end when he is fighting Tommy Gunn and Rocky gets knocked down. He then hears Mickeys voice " GET UP YA SON OF A BITCH CAUSE MICKY LOVES YA! "

There are more but there are just a few of mine.

Ah yes, you can't go wrong with Rocky. Best Rocky quote is from Rocky 3 with Clubber Lang: "What are your predictions for the fight?" "Pain."

Good man. I was going to create this next week but you beat me to it.

I just went through all 5 films last night and today and they still hype me up. I have stated that number 4 is my best many times and it still remains at the top for me. The music in it is so awesome it just makes you want to go running and do sit-ups etc.

There are some great moments in all of the films. Some of my favourites are when Adrian tells Rocky to do one thing for her...WIN! (Rocky 2 )

When Rocky cuts Drago and when Adrian shouts " Your gonna do it! " near the end ( Rocky 4 )

Finally one from Rocky 5..yes I know but hear me out. Its right at the end when he is fighting Tommy Gunn and Rocky gets knocked down. He then hears Mickeys voice " GET UP YA SON OF A BITCH CAUSE MICKY LOVES YA! "

There are more but there are just a few of mine.

Ah great post man, and I also think IV is probably my favourite, although I love the original in a special kinda way. The music really is fantastic, and I can definately say that it is amazing for boxing training. I was planning on having a marathon and watching all five films before but I am not sure when I will, or if. I reckon i'll end up doing it on thursday or something :heh:

What? You heathens. The first two had the best one-liners, by far.

"There ain't gonna be no rematch!"

"I just want to say one thing..to my wife at home. YO ADRIAN! I DID ITTTT!"

That ending shot in the second film where Rocky states that line and then he sorta turns halfway to the camera, and the credits run- pure excellence.

Oh do be quiet. Much like everything if you only look at mainstream stuff then yes it is lacking new ideas. But if you actualy bother to look beyond Hollywoods multi million dollar wankfest that they force down your throat you will find quite a lot of inovative pieces of filmaking.

Possibly one of the most amazing 4 minute scenes of a film i've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1LlUAAOxy8

Amazing.

PAULIE WOOO! He looks hardly any different in Rocky Balboa!

I love it when Paulie walks out of the plane in russia and falls in the snow...:laughing:.."what is this place?!"

So basically Rocky wins every time?

Meh.

Noooooo.

That's what makes the first two films so special.

Gah, just watch 1 and 2 for yourself. Only then will you see the light. :)

I have seen it and it's awesome! I'll defo go to the cinema to see this again. I was expecting to be disappointed and was on the band wagon of "they should have left it alone" etc but I Loved it.

So basically Rocky wins every time?

Meh.

Rocky I - Loses

Rocky II - Wins

Rocky III - Loses then Wins. Mickey dies:red:

Rocky IV - Appolo gets killed (his best friend), Rocky wins

Rocky V - Street fight, rocky wins.

No.

Rocky I - Loses

Rocky II - Wins

Rocky III - Loses then Wins. Mickey dies:red:

Rocky IV - Appolo gets killed (his best friend), Rocky wins

Rocky V - Street fight, rocky wins.

SPOILERS :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry sorry sorry. I've hidden it now.Just annoys me if someone says "oh so he wins every time? meh" yet one of the thigns that makes the series so great is the way he loses in the original.

Amazing.

PAULIE WOOO! He looks hardly any different in Rocky Balboa!

I love it when Paulie walks out of the plane in russia and falls in the snow...:laughing:.."what is this place?!"

I love that scene. :)

Haha, Paulie is a legend. Plus, he listens to the chipmunks.

I'm still shocked as to how Rocky managed to beat Ivan. He was like a machine.

I'm still shocked as to how Rocky managed to beat Ivan. He was like a machine.

Yeah he looks like some kind of monster. I loved it how in the training they compared Ivan's mechanical methods to Rocky's traditional, natural ones. Tree sawing, fuck yeah!

Ah man the memories are flooding back now, I definately need to watch them all again before next friday. I love Paulie's reaction to that robot ahahaha

Its quite weird how some people are put off these films because they don't like boxing. Yet, there's really only a big fight at the end of the films, and the rest is drama. Excluding maybe 3 where he fights clubber/T midway through 3.

Its quite weird how some people are put off these films because they don't like boxing. Yet, there's really only a big fight at the end of the films, and the rest is drama. Excluding maybe 3 where he fights clubber/T midway through 3.

Yeah, I know many people who hate boxing yet still love the films, e.g. my mother.

I read an interview with Sly the other day and the film seems to be more drama based than anything, as it's mainly about Rocky's background, and how it links to Sylvester Stallone's real life.

Agreed. To give another example, Bend It Like Beckham. The film was more about the protagonist's asian background and the clash of cultures than about football. Okay it was a bad example cos it was complete shat but meh..

Anyway I've always enjoyed the first 2 rockys better than the rest. When he was champion, there wasn't really a sense of "going for the underdog" whereas the first 2 films I really wantd him to win.

Saw the DVDRIP of the film at the end of last year. It's more of a film about something doing what he loved best and then going back to it. It's alot more deeper in the characters than past Rocky films. It entertains for what it is. Oh and the ending is not what you think it is.

I don't if you guys know this, but

AAADRRIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Amazing.

Awesome. YOU SEE HES NOT A MACHINE HES A MAN!!!!

Also best training sequence EVER!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDtcVez_vgc

DRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOO!!!

I love the part where he rips down Dragos pic off the mirror, he looks so B.A!