NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Robrow

V Console playing problem

OK this is a problem ive read a few of you are having and i looked everywhere on the net to find a way to fix .

The problem is i got my wii xmas day and i use the offical Component cable i got hold of . I set it up and i downloaded toe jam and earl from the wii shop, played it after downloaded it no problem . Then i went away to see family for the new year and took my wii with me, while i was there i had to set the console up using the cable that were in the box. Also had to change it back 4:3 and 60hz . While i was there i downloaded donkey kong country and sim city they work fine with the set up there , but once i came home after new year i set my console up with my Component cable again ( set it to 16:9 and 480p). Once i try to play dkc or simcity to screen come up with mode not supported and then it goes back to the wii menu. But when i do try toe jam it works fine with no problem. Ive tryed a few thing to fix this myself . First i deleted the games and the save file and then redownloaded them to see if that would help but no good. Also i try to change the setting of the console while the Component cable to the 4:3 and 50 and 60 hz and nothing helped . I even plug the console throught scart and then started the game and then press the home page moved the cable to Component cable again while the wii still pluged in , then reset the game but no good but what was weired with that was the home menu was working on the Component cable on my tv . I do have friends who have these game and they got them working on Component cable so i dont see what the problem is .

can anyone help ???

Using capitals in the beginning of sentences, comma's, full stops, spacing and alinea, you might increase the possibility of someone reading the entire thing. I stopped after three sentences. Check the 'how to become a popular poster' (or something like that) in the main forum thread...

You sound like VC_Metroid, who also uses this. And it's kinda annoying, to be honest...

The official rule for using any marks in sentences is the sign just after the last letter with a space after it. Really helps if you do it, making sentences more clear. i'm really sorry to mention (or annoy) you with this, but I just wanted to point out that.

EDIT: Ringing Nintendo would help a lot. I think they can help you with your problems.

Does the same with my LCD. Have to change to composite to play some VC games. Strangely ToeJam works fine but Sonic doesnt. No SNES games work at all. N64 and TGFX games work fine.

Does the same with my LCD. Have to change to composite to play some VC games. Strangely ToeJam works fine but Sonic doesnt. No SNES games work at all. N64 and TGFX games work fine.

did you download all the game will you were set up on 480p and played them the first time in that setting

did you download all the game will you were set up on 480p and played them the first time in that setting

Ive been in 480p since release day but that shouldnt make a difference in the slightest. They will more than likely fix the problem in an update down the line.

When mine say's mode not supported i press the menu button on the Wiimote, and it shows up on the screen, and suddenly carries on working. :hmm:

When i press the home button the pause screen comes up with restore, wii menu etc but when i continue on it goes back to displaying a 'not supported' message.

Having same problem got home from a club last night and to my joy Mario Bros is on there so I buy it right away and to my horror mode not supported.

It does look like its trying to change the screen resolution before it loads what to I don't know as the only thing i've found my TV can't do is 1080p and the wii doesn't even do that

Update: I've emailed Nintendo waiting on a reply and I posted on another forum and they say its my TV.

I downloaded Sonic yesterday and I got my component cable today and it works fine.

I remember hearing that the problem is down to if your TV can except an interlaced signal via component, as not all of them can. I took a look in my TV manual (TX-26LXD60) and it has a list of compatible signals:

Applicable input signal for Component (Y, Pb, Pr) and HDMI:

525 (480) / 60i

525 (480) / 60p

625 (576) / 50i

625 (576) / 50p

750 (720) / 60p

750 (720) / 50p

1,125 (1,080) / 60i

1,125 (1,080) / 50i

So if anyone is having this problem it might be worth checking out your TV's manual to see what's supported.

Sign in to follow this