NEurope
KKOB

Whats the Public Groups thing about?

You may have noticed on the profile screen that theres an option for public groups and then underneath it says "USER isn't a member of any public groups"

what is this about?

I think on C-E there wre some groups, blood monkeys or something like that.

Not 100% sure though.

Some forums have user groups you can be part of. It's usually just admin, mod and member though.

*Clears Throat*

Im part of a few groups on another vBulletin board I visit (Which Im currently banned from for two things - 1) 3 things I didnt do and 2) saying something about genital warts)

Anyway they are groups or board categories, of which certain people can be appointed leaders of and they can accept or decline memberships to the group.

They can be made public, so everyone can see - but not post, or private in which it will be visible to the members only.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum scroll down a bit to the "Internet Groups" or something. Im Co-Leader of the Ill-Ramas and ReVeX Comics...And Im in a few others.

So the question is now, why doesn't this forum make use of this feature?

You can apply to membership to various groups, some just give you something to add in your profile, some allow you access to "special" boards.

We don't have any though. If you think of one (make it sensible), post it in here or the suggestions thread. We want to avoid elitism and cliques though, so bear that in mind.

So the question is now, why doesn't this forum make use of this feature?

Because people here just talk about shit all day long.

But yes, Shorty raises a good point. If you want one, suggest it. So thus, this thread is getting closed.