N-Europe

iPod Video tonight?

Charlie

Rumours are suggesting (again) that the iPod Video will be announced tonight at 6PM (UK time).

ThinkSecret previously reported that tomorrow's event would bring 40GB/80GB iPods as well as Powerbook and PowerMac updates... but no Video iPod.

The rumor site amends its previous report with notes that the iPod updates may instead be 30GB/60GB iPods with video playback ability. They are quick to point out that video playback may only focus on music videos, podcasts and possibly TV, but unlikely to feature full length films. (at first).

Source: Mac Rumors

Will be a nice price tag on that I think. £300 for the 30GB?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... didn't they say that untill they got distrubution rights they wouldn't be making a video ipod? Simply because it wouldn't take off?

To be honest, I wouldn't really be that interested in having music videos on my iPod. I've got plenty of video clips (no, not that type) that I'd love to be able to watch on-the-go. I think the new iPod may have a 'video out' port where you can hook it up to a TV source and watch the movies or whatever though a TV, instead of the tiny iPod screen.

I'd probably pay about £250 for a video iPod.

Guest DS MaNiAc

iLounge Exclusive: New iPod revealed

iLounge has snapped exclusive photos of advertisements for the new iPod, which will be introduced today at Apple's "One more thing" event in San Jose, California. The familiar silhouette posters clearly show an all-new iPod model with a noticeably larger display, approximately 2.4 to 2.6 inches diagonal, compared to the current full-size iPod's 2-inch screen. Also of note, the headphone jack has been moved from the top-center to the top-right side of the device

ilounge-ipod.jpg

ilounge-ipod-2.jpg

This is a 'leaked' picture (could be fake, buts its new and fits the description posted on iLounge).

3060000000048938.JPG

links: http://live.ilounge.com/ and http://www.engadget.com/

Sweet.

Guest DS MaNiAc

Prettier screen? Yes. Chunkier? HELL NO: The new iPod will be 30% thinner than the current 20GB iPod!

New iPod announced! The new iPod, as speculated, features video capabilities and the wider display, but it’s still a music-first device.

The device will feature a 2.5-inch display, QVGA resolution (320 x 240), and will MPEG-4 h.264 (natch), and presumably Quicktime.

The new iPod will be 30% thinner than the current 20GB iPod (making it 0.44-inches thick—say wha?), and will feature a 60GB version (which should be thinner than the current 0.63-inch thick 20GB iPod), and editions of both in black.

The 20GB should go for $299, and the 60GB for $399. They’ll be shipping next week.

What’s the device named, you ask? The iPod. That’s it, just The iPod. Well spare you the Prince jokes. The iPod will have TV out.

Stevie has iTunes 6.0 up there—only about a month after introducing iTunes 5.0.

iTunes 6.0 will also feature video and the iTunes Music Store will feature video downloads (big surprise, right?)—at launch over 2,000 music videos will be made available at a cost of $1.99 apiece.

Guest DS MaNiAc

Yeah, considering:

20 gig = $299 = £175

60 gig = $399 = £230

Woot indeed, woot indeed.....

Oh, and heres an image of it from the side:

ipod2.jpg

And if that aint enough for ya......

It’s not only music videos you can buy. No, Apple’s set up to allow you to purchase TV shows for $1.99 apiece. Get Desperate Housewives or four other ABC shows premiering on iTunes at two bucks an ep. Videos are native QVGA resolution.

w000000t

Yeah, considering:

20 gig = $299 = £175

60 gig = $399 = £230

Those are the current prices in America, but we get them for £210 and £300 (I think, can't remember, the store is being updated). Educational discount brings it down to £190 though.

ABC shows = Lost!!!

Wait...so they're scrapping what is the iPod at the moment and replacing it with iPod (with video) for the same price?

Thats not good for me. I wanted the current iPod for Christmas. If they're scrapping it people will want the new one, it will be helluva popular..

Here's some info.

Uk Info

"Again. In lighter, thinner 30GB and 60GB models starting at just £219 (UK) / €329 (Ireland) including VAT, the new iPod is music to your eyes."