NEurope
ndreamer

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Best. Day. Ever! (until the UK release anyway :P)

Nice boxart, I like the Slime above the Nintendo logo. Looks like it releases on a Sunday in America, normally only the big games release on Sundays. I'll need to clear by backlog before July.

[boxart.jpg]

Europe site

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/nds/dragon_quest_ix_sentinels_of_the_starry_skies_17296.html

So it's leaving the number there, oh and english shots are on there as well as proper gameplay footage of the game

I like the box-art and I'm surprised to see the IX being left there, too. They should have left the DS ones as IV-VI, imho. The girl on the left looks like Deborah from DQ V!

Best. Day. Ever! (until the UK release anyway :P)

Agreed! :grin:

Remember, SE is still localizing, so don't get mad at Nintendo.

From Gamespite.net

It's not shown in any of the screens so far, but with DQIX the localizers are also taking the opportunity to rename some old series standards. The Dharma Temple, for example, is now known as the Alltrades Abbey. I don't know if the translators were motivated by the need to make the oblique religious references feel more western, or if their obsessive need for alliteration won over consistency with Dragon Quest VII's localization, or if they were just worried about getting things muddled with Lost. Powder-blue Volkswagen buses would be tragically anachronistic here.

Whatever the case, the dude who runs Alltrades Abbey is now named... Jack of Alltrades.

Sigh...sorry but this pisses me off, yes I get it, it's cute, but WHAT THE FUCK WAS WRONG WITH DHARMA TEMPLE!?!?!?!

and another piece of artwork

Do you know if there's a clean image used for the Japanese boxart about, I searched for it but couldn't find it?

Preorders have just opened at GAME!

I've been checking every day since the date was revealed. You beat me to it today! : peace:

*orders*

Dragon Quest IX ad program news(Does everyone like Seth Green? )

Source

When the Konocti Harbor Resort and Spa in Kelseyville closed last November, its general manager, Greg Bennett, got busy guiding his proteges, Lake County teen rockers The Lost Boys.

And things are happening.

The band is featured in a new national ad campaign for Nintendo’s ‘DS Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of the Starry Skies’ game.

Produced by Harvest films, the commercial also features actor Seth Green, who appeared in “Old Dogs” with robin Williams and John Travolta, and does voices for the animated TV shows “Family Guy” and “Robot Chicken.

The Lost Boys include Beau Bastion, Gary Boyd, Thomas Cano, Jordan Mills and Matt Weiss. The group performed often at the Konocti, where Bennett had been manager since 1990.

The ad will be shot at several Hollywood locations, including the Henry Fonda Theater, where the Lost Boys will be show performing in concert. The commercial will air nationally during the summer.

For more information about The Lost Boys visit http://www.2lostboys.com or http://www.myspace.com/lostboyscali.

So...seems like Nintendo ARE starting to make some noise about this game...seriously, I can't wait now to see how it goes xD

But what he's really famous for is being Oz in Buffy!

FOr me it was Robot Chicken, and then I found out about him in buffy and Family Guy.

I really hope they make some spoofs off Dragon Quest on Robot Chicken would bloody love it xD

They have done it with other games...

Mario Bros

FFVII

Zelda

Edited by killer kirby

Well I certainly don't plan on getting it twice.

But yea, I plan on getting it. Hopefully with B-day money, or as a pre-ordered present off Amazon.

It's kind of odd, how a mainline game that has been going since the NES, only has really darksnowman, Ike and I being the main posters here, I want more people to be hyped up for this game >_<

(Speaking of which...where is Grazza? Not seen him post for a while :wtf: )

Is it confirmed we're getting the DLC event quests?

As far as I know.

I wonder if they will change how the "bark mode" stuff works for us. Seeing as no matter how well they popularise DQ IX, it won't be anywhere near what it is in Japan.

Yes, we are getting it.

Good good. I was worried we were going to get screwed over again since I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Kinda debating on whether to start a Dragon Quest website or not, any thoughts?

Good good. I was worried we were going to get screwed over again since I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Kinda debating on whether to start a Dragon Quest website or not, any thoughts?

Already a very good one around, been going for 10 years as well :D

http://www.woodus.com/den/

I said it would be as well

But the way you acted, it was going to be a full on focus...and truth be told...it really wasn't no trailer or anything.