NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

zelda.gif

Link, a young man raised as a wrangler in a small, rural village, is ordered by the mayor to attend the Hyrule Summit. He sets off, oblivious to the dark fate that has descended upon the kingdom. When he enters the Twilight Realm that has covered Hyrule, he transforms into a wolf and is captured. A mysterious figure named Midna helps him break free. With the aid of her magic, they set off to free the land from the shadows.

Characters: Link, Zelda, Midna and many other characters, both new and old. How to progress through the game: Link must explore the vast land of Hyrule and uncover the mystery behind its plunge into darkness. As he does, he’ll have to enlist the aid of friendly folk, solve puzzles and battle his way through dangerous dungeons. In the Twilight Realm, he’ll have to use his wolf abilities and Midna’s magic to bring light to the land.

Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Besides his trusty sword and shield, Link will use his bow and arrows, fight while on horseback and use a wealth of other items, both new and old. Players can use the Wii Remote as a fishing pole, while a spin of the Nunchuk controller executes a spin attack.

Features:

When Link travels to the Twilight Realm, he transforms into a wolf and must scour the land with the help of a mysterious girl named Midna. Using the power and unique control of the Wii console, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess features incredibly precise aiming control using the Wii Remote.

The Wii Remote and the Nunchuk controller are used for a variety of game activities, including fishing and special sword attacks.

Players ride into battle against troops of foul creatures using an amazing horseback combat system, then take on massive bosses that must be seen to be believed.

Many puzzles stand between Link and the fulfillment of his quest, so players must sharpen their wits as they hunt for weapons and items.

Here it is people, the game that we have all been waiting for! Will the true sequel to one of the greatest games ever made live up to the hype? Will the Wii controls hinder the gameplay or do they enchance the overall experience?

I've played to the end of the forest temple now (Japanese cube version) and I have to say. Up till now this game has potential to be better then Ocarina of Time O.o

Will have to give it more time before I can really decide if this is true or not :heh: Mainly because its Japanese and because of that, I don't know the story yet :heh:

i'm in the fourth dungeon

i say this thread shoud get locked and the others should get merged.

or the others archived and this become the official one.

(was it a race between the mods to see who could make this thread first)

i'm in the fourth dungeon

i say this thread shoud get locked and the others should get merged.

or the others archived and this become the official one.

(was it a race between the mods to see who could make this thread first)

We decided to create the threads from scratch and store them until today, thats why they all appeared at once. As for the other threads with the same name, no doubt they will be locked and then archived as you said as they had some good banter in them.

How the hell do you fish?

Im finding it impossible to catch a fish to give to this god dam cat!!

Any help?

How the hell do you fish?

Im finding it impossible to catch a fish to give to this god dam cat!!

Any help?

Pull back on your Wii mote the second the float go's under!

i'm having the same problem been tryin to catch a fish for 30 minutes now!!!!:mad:

finnaly did it :D

hehe, the fishing with the first rod is a bit hard

step one: throw your line in the water around some fish

step two: wait till fishies come by and when the rod pulls down and goes under wait about 1 to 2 secs and then pull up your rod

step three: when done properly , FISH ON will show on screen and then you just hold the wii remote still next to your head. It should catch fish that way

Thanks guys, Ill go and give those ideas a bash...

Worked a treat but I had to let it go, can I keep the nex one?

I managed to catch one but then I got frustrated and knocked it off. Looking at these tips I will try again very soon. The tutorial for the fishing isnt very helpful at all.

I had a friend over yesterday, and we played Twilight Princess for 2 and a half hours straight. In total, we were using the Wii for about...6 or 7 hours! I didn't get to bed til half past 8 this morning.

This game is great. I'm loving the general look and feel of everything. Imo, sword fighting feels great with the wiimote and nunchuk. I don't think it feels tacked on at all.

My favourite moment: the intro. Seeing the game load up. Jesus, we've been waiting years for this! And it's been completely worth it!

Liking it very much so far (just got to the Forest Temple), but...

1. I think the story took too long to get going, the village scene was a tad drawn out + it was a bit ambiguous what we were supposed to be doing???

2. Storyline is a bit all over the place, lots of random things happening. With OoT, MM, WW there was a clear structure, a clear sense of what to do next etc... which I feel is so far lacking in TP.

3. Midna is getting annoying already, only because we can to consult her ever bloody minute!!! There's no room for us to do things on our own!

4. The sword swings are seriously getting tiresome already. All the reviews said how good it was etc... but I already can't be arsed half the time to swing the wii-remote.

5. The B button + D pad shortcuts confuse me LOL

But hey I'm really loving it so far, I just hope the quality improves somewhat...

God damn i keep entering to the Wii disc chennel to watch that intro. I'll never finish that game:(

My only objection so far? My oh my those monkeys are annoying as hell

Caught that goddam fish, twice now!

Now I have the slingshot, half a bottle of milk, a shitty fishing rod and hopefully a wooden stick soon...

See you guys in 2 days!

4. The sword swings are seriously getting tiresome already. All the reviews said how good it was etc... but I already can't be arsed half the time to swing the wii-remote.

You know, that you don't actually have to make huge movements like in the promotional videos. If you want, you can just make small movements with your wrist.

Liking it very much so far (just got to the Forest Temple), but...

1. I think the story took too long to get going, the village scene was a tad drawn out + it was a bit ambiguous what we were supposed to be doing???

2. Storyline is a bit all over the place, lots of random things happening. With OoT, MM, WW there was a clear structure, a clear sense of what to do next etc... which I feel is so far lacking in TP.

3. Midna is getting annoying already, only because we can to consult her ever bloody minute!!! There's no room for us to do things on our own!

5. The B button + D pad shortcuts confuse me LOL

But hey I'm really loving it so far, I just hope the quality improves somewhat...

You're crazy. There's nothing else I can conclude.

I'm finding the game perfect so far, it's simply amazing. I don't know how can someone accuse it of being just a better OoT, when the wolf parts and motion sensing makes the game so different and everything works so well.

If this keeps up until the end of the game, it's definetly the best game ever.

I'm really worried that maybe I've played too much of this game already. I've played for 2 and a half hours.

Just got to the fairy fountain, after you get the sword and the shield.

Been on for about 6 hours and I've just finished the Forest Temple. Brilliant game so far, I've loved every moment so far except the bloody fishing. It was so annoying. I had to catch two of them! Very fustrating.

The combat is excellent. I'm enjoying swinging my Wii remote all over! Much better than pressing a button.

The graphics are really nice. I don't think there bad at all.

Gotta love the music!

Midna is annoying.

I'm liking the Wolf Link bits.

to soon to tell just entered the first dungeon. OoT is almost 10 years old and i keep finisg it at least once per month!!

I'm trying to get hold of the fishing rod at the moment, but i can't find the damn place, but then I haven't tried much. Eating Pizza now so I will have another go at finding the damn rod. Any hints?

I have 2 words for you guys: Goat In!

Me and my mate were pissing ourselves at this! It's even better than shine get, imo.