NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Conor_NE

Wii Launch - Report For N-Europe!

hey all,

Hoping to get you guys in on the launch coverage this week on the main site. We've previews, features and media going up before Friday, but once the big day hits we think it'd be awesome if we could run loads of stuff you lot have got from your launch experience. What we're after is on the ground articles about what was happening on thursday night/friday morning in your local games store, videos of you or your friends queuing up for it, pictures of you getting it home and booting it up... all that jazz. :yay:

It's going to be a grand day for all of us, so it'd be great to get as many people involved as possible. Spread the love. :)

Thoughts/volunteers?

If I go to the Midnight launch in GAME on Dawson St. Dublin then I'll be sure to take a few pics and have a word with a few people :)

Have N-E got a Wii yet?

Yeah Conzer, go for it, the more pictures the better. (Yes, we have a Wii..well, one of us! :P)

Calling all people from England, France, Finland, Australia or any other PAL countries- we need your contributions for a launch feature in a few days time- post here and let us know what you're planning.

I'm gonna take pictures of me opening my Wii and all that. I'll take my camera down to gamestation, but i doubt there'll be anything to snap at 4 in the afternoon.

Have N-E got a Wii yet?

Noticed why Conor hasn't been around here much? He's either been playing Zelda or taunting us about the fact that he has been playing Zelda.

Not fair. Not fair at all. :heh:

Its just he told me at the Wii Move you Tour he would be getting it a week earlier and I was expecting a report somewhere!

I took some pictures of my cool new Wii, but the camera kind of has no juice now, and my computer has actually completely broken down... otherwise my gloating face would be on the front page. Shall do some hardware surgery and hopefully get some up tomorrow.

By the way.... Twilight Princess is feckin' ace. :D

*taunts Fierce some more*

Just a quick note to let any greek readers know that the Wii is already available at least at one retailer in Greece. Papasotiriou Book & Software Stores started selling Wiis right after they received them, early in the afternoon today (Nortec, the Greek importer was ok about it, as the guys at the store told me). I got mine at the Stournari & Patision Street store at about 14:30 (Greek time) and I'll be setting it up as soon as I finish this post. So, any Greek-Athenian Nintendo fans reading this beam down to the Politechnio area ASAP!.

P.S. Unfortunately no Zelda available yet, only Call of Duty 3 and the bundled wii sports of course. But that will do for tonight.

Sign in to follow this