NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Japanese Launch Thread

so the japanese launch was totally unexciting... wii are available... most are preordered... stores sell out... but no drama and most people buy one for themselves rather than ebay.

next...

oh wait... next is US yay!

Australian geeks are the most retarded people ever.

I can totally dig that not all of them live near the beach.

But they got some tasty ass weather and they're inside. Fools.

I don't have a problem that I've been out only 3 or 4 times in the past 2 weeks because the weather is kack.

Glad to see the Wii sold out ,though I was expecting it.I wish we launched with Trauma Centre and Wario,and there online soon aswell.

Lucky Japs...

I can really see the Wii selling over 4 mil by the end of the year.

Glad to see the Wii sold out ,though I was expecting it.I wish we launched with Trauma Centre and Wario,and there online soon aswell.

Lucky Japs...

I can really see the Wii selling over 4 mil by the end of the year.

If over 4 million Wiis sell by the end of the year, then that's got to knock Microsoft's confidence. I just hope the combined Microsoft and Nintendo marketing drives squeeze out the PS3.

I think by March 07 the Wii might sell out the 360.

It's not impossible.

Easy to produce, cheap to sell.. 4 million by the end of '07.. The 360 is on 8 million now.

Their target for 6 million at the end of March 07 is breakable.

I think the Wii will have sold over 2 million units by Friday. (1.2million so far) + Australia and Europe launch + US/JP restocks.

Whilst by all accounts it was a great launch and all hardware units sold out, Wii Sports and Wii Play outsold Zelda!!! Now I didn't see that coming.

I thought they got their's on the 9th?

nope-defo the 7th, i remember when Nintendo announced it in London and most of us were cussing a little lol

nope-defo the 7th, i remember when Nintendo announced it in London and most of us were cussing a little lol

Apparently their allocation has been fully preordered already, which is good, a Australia is a place where Nintendo have never done so well.

Whilst by all accounts it was a great launch and all hardware units sold out, Wii Sports and Wii Play outsold Zelda!!! Now I didn't see that coming.

I expected this, Zelda is considered second rate to Japanese gamers, the holy grail of games for them are Final Fantasy, Biohazard (Resident Evil) and Metal Gear Solid, the rest are merely inferior substitutes just to occupy some time until the REAL games come out.

I expected this, Zelda is considered second rate to Japanese gamers, the holy grail of games for them are Final Fantasy, Biohazard (Resident Evil) and Metal Gear Solid, the rest are merely inferior substitutes just to occupy some time until the REAL games come out.

Nah, Dragon Quest is without a doubt Japan's holy grail. And, come on, you really expected Wii Play to outsell Twilight Princess? Am I supposed to honestly believe that?

I know its hard to believe but in Japan I did, they're not particularly fond of Zelda in comparison to the other game franchises mentioned above including Dragon Quest you mentioned, Zelda is second rate to them, merely a substite, it'd be about 100 of these games to every one Zelda game at the very least...

Wii did very poorly with launch in Australia, It looks as though all it will take is one day of PS3 being in Australia even if its launched on December 31st 2010 and it will still double Wii total sales despite the high price tag, Sony = Automatically better and superior. GameCube only sold about 167,000 units approx for its 5 year life span, an indication to how badly received Nintendo is in Australia.

I know its hard to believe but in Japan I did, they're not particularly fond of Zelda in comparison to the other game franchises mentioned above including Dragon Quest you mentioned, Zelda is second rate to them, merely a substite, it'd be about 100 of these games to every one Zelda game at the very least...

Wii did very poorly with launch in Australia, It looks as though all it will take is one day of PS3 being in Australia even if its launched on December 31st 2010 and it will still double Wii total sales despite the high price tag, Sony = Automatically better and superior. GameCube only sold about 167,000 units approx for its 5 year life span, an indication to how badly received Nintendo is in Australia.

I find it very hard to believe that the Japanese see Zelda as a second rate franchise, I'd put it up there with Final Fantasy.

30.000 pre-orders is bad? riiight...

I actually heard that it was a very successful launch down under, which is traditionally a very poor territory for Nintendo. 30,000 pre-orders is probably sold out right?

I actually heard that it was a very successful launch down under, which is traditionally a very poor territory for Nintendo. 30,000 pre-orders is probably sold out right?
yes, all pre-orders should have been lifted and paid.

Wii is now the most pre-ordered console on Australia, previously it was X360.